Divisonal Playoffs.

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by coachgaddy, Nov 27, 2009.

1. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

Divisonal Playoffs.

Willis one step closer to dream as Niners beat Dallas in Arlington.

[​IMG]

49ers 28 Dallas 13

A capacity crowd was on hand to witness a rivalry that is dated back when Montana was under helm for the 49ers and Aikman was dropping back for the Cowboys. Although the QB’s changed the fire of both teams didn’t.

First Quarter action, after stopping the Cowboys on their first possession the 49ers would begin an impressive 3 play drive that was capped off by a 39yrd td run by Gore. The Cowboys would respond right back with a timely drive of their own that ended with Romo play faking the entire 49ers defense to hit a wide open B.Berrian from 15 yards out. After several stalled drives by both teams, late in the 2nd quarter Romo would look for Berrian across the middle but Willis was there instead taking this one to the house from 51 yards out for his 2nd interception TD of the postseason. Dallas would again mount a drive after the score but it would eventually stall out in the redzone and they would have to settle for a FG instead.

After the 49ers offense was held in check all game they opened the 2nd half with an impressive drive that was capped off by a Coffee 9 yard TD run to put them up 21-10. Dallas offense continued to struggle as they were held again to yet another FG. The 49ers defense has been impressive in the 2nd half of the postseason outscoring there opponents 34-10. 49ers would add another Coffee touchdown early in the 4th and then punch their ticket to the Conference Championship by picking off Romo for a third time in the endzone with less than 3 minutes left in the game.

gg gt

2. I-ROD

I-ROD Walk On

Oakland @ Miami

The Oakland Raiders headed south for a showdown with the Miami Dolphins who came back in this game after Oakland marched down field in the opening drive and stopped the Dolphins on thier first two drives.

Porter and Crowder just refused to let up as they would get the Defense going and stopping Oakland on some 3rd downs and inch's.

Pennington went to work and made enough throws to keep the Raiders defense thinking and when they thought it was going one way it went the other way with pin pointed passes completed. Ronnie Brown took the game in hand as he would come back in the game after a shot to the ribs and carried the team on his back. Ricky Williams provided the spark as well on huge third down conversions.

Final:
    Oakland 10
    Miami 17

GG Sav, it's been a while since we played but always a close chess match!

3. savaunte

savaunte Oakland Raiders

Very good game man. After my opening drive I thought I would be able to run it all day but you stopped me cold pretty much the rest of the game. My passing attack sucks to say the least...and you played outstanding defense the rest of the game. Good luck the rest of the way.

4. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

Ravens @ Titans

The divisional round of the playoffs had the Titans against the familiar Ravens. After the opening drive of the game for each team the game was scoreless. The Titans scored first though towards the end of the 1st quarter on a K.Britt 9 yard TD reception. The score stayed that way until about midway through the 2nd when Baltimore hit a FG. The Titans answered back a few minutes later with another TD to make it 14-3.

2nd half---------------------

Tennessee realizing they were in for a fight tried to just stay withing the offense. The teams both played some tough defense all game long, but after an interception on a Ravens drive deep in Titans territory was returned for a TD the game changed. Tennessee actually had two picks with one of them in the endzone to hold off Baltimore. The final score in this one was 21-6 Titans. Tennessee will go on to play in the AFC Championship in a grudge match against the Miami Dolphins. Hopefully the cold weather will kick in and make this a tough trip north for Miami.

*good game Mags. Even one of those picks doesn't happen and the game is down to the final drive.

5. Mags

Mags Former MEGA PC Commish

Flacco giveth... only to the other team. A misread is a pick six. A ball thrown (tipped?)through the WR is an endzone INT. Aaargh. Too much to overcome, especially with Todd Heap out. Great game by the Titans who played well and made the most of their opportunities. GL in the next round TRude.

Hopefully a Lance Elway will fall to me in the draft. heh....

6. Stykman

Stykman RC & MEGA Historian

Thanks a lot for mentioning that guy. I was doing SO GOOD with my therapy too.:mad:

7. TRudethaDude

TRudethaDude Walk On

Lance Elway was a draft pick that ruined ur life in the past?

8. Stykman

Stykman RC & MEGA Historian

LaLaLaLaLaLaLaLa

[​IMG]

9. hoytpower

hoytpower Walk On

Sorry about the Todd Heap thing Mags. Is that going to affect my progression or draft at all? (y) I did play probably my 2 best games overall against you now that I'm blessed to have you in my division.

Scar says and I quote " Lance " bring the cheez " Elway created the crossing pattern in Mega." Whatever that means. LOL