Dj's Week 2 predictions

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Dj391, Feb 5, 2010.

1. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Dj's Week 2 predictions

This week we have some very big matchups early in the season starting withhhh.....

#18 Oregon vs Texas Tech

Both teams saw off weeks in week 1 barely winning. I see this game being a very close and hard fought game.. Oregon boasts the #6 rush offense in the country, even though its early i see them finishing top 10 in that category. The attack is led by senior(rs) rb Lamichael James who had 135 yards and 1td last week. But he will face a defense that only allowed 1 yard rushing last week. I believe he will have a huge D though and the Ducks will edge out the Red Raiders 35-24...

#5 USC vs #8 FSU

This is 1 of 2 big games this weekend as the seminoles march into the Trojan fortress and hope to come away with a win led by the #5 rush attack in the nation headed by Junior(rs) rb Lonnie Pryor who had 170 yards and 2tds last week against fiu. Look for those numbers to decrease dramatically this week as the trojan defense shuts him down i dont see him going over 100 yards this game and the game will rest souly on the arm of junior(rs) qb Will Secord and i quite frankly dont see him being able to shoulder the slim hopes of the noles.
    This one wont be close as USC wins by no less than 14

Headwear Game: #1 Texas vs #2 Penn State

This is The Game of The Week an early 1 vs 2 matchup that could possibly derail one teams dream season and and anothers "Building of a Dynasty".
    Penn State comes in slightly favored this week and when you look at their Defense you definately can see why led by All American LE Jack Crawford who had 7 tkls 3 tfl 2 sacks last week. You cant stop this guy 1 on 1 you have ro double team him but risk the danger of leaving a hole open for another one of these beasts. The offense though replacing hall of fame inductee Kevin Newsome is also extremely dangerous led by senior speedster Devon Smith who if he even gets a little seem will break the smallest play for a big play he will be key to Penn States attack.. With all that who could beat them right??
    NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND!!!! Forget all that hooplah I just wrote Texas is going to win this one. There is just to much on offense for the Lions to be able to pull this rabbit out of the hat. Led by senior(rs) rb Tre Newton the texas offense is going to run all over this weakened defensive line and if that doesnt work Gilbert will throw all over the field. The defense will keep this penn state offense in check just enough to win this one 38-28...

Scream at me!!!!!

2. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

YOUR A MAD MAN

3. Masler

Masler Moderator

no love for the Ohio St Bama game...i mean i know it's not a user game but stiiiiill

4. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Its strictly user vs user predictions

5. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

No love for the Noles!!

I totally understand. I just hope we can get lined up right.

6. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Just wanted to chime in about my "weakened defensive line". Starting 4 are 99, 98, 91, 89 with 2 being AA. And as far as "throw all over the field" my secondary consists of 3 AA.

Its the second line of defense of my 4-2-5 that I worry about. Both LB's and SS's are first year starters.

7. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

love the 4-2-5

8. Hova

Just a reminder on the 4-2-5, should not be your base defense as stated in the rules

9. Hova

the 4-2-5 should only be used on passing situations, not as a base defense. I personally never run it, i prefer people use the 4-3 or 3-4 as your base defense. Any other base defense just takes advantage of speed. A 5 DB field should not be able to shutdown the run as i does.

10. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

Good job fsu giving the ACC win #2 in the coference challenge.. We now are the conference to beat....

And hokie I just calls em like I sees em i think texas has the surperior team

11. Hova

0-1 so far. We need another person to take predictions as well so we can get a little competition goin, see who has the best prediction record.

12. Masler

Masler Moderator

Masler's Predictions:

#1 Texas vs #2 PSU

I am going to go with Texas on this one. Only because Penn St lost a valuable QB spot, not to mention a couple others. And with the 4-2-5 recently banned, it'll be interesting to see how the defense can adjust to the changes. Score, Texas 42- Penn St 30

#14 Oregon vs Texas Tech

DJ is right with both teams barely winning Week 1. Leaves alot to wonder about their defenses. This one should be very close overall, more likely a shootout if neither defense can find a rhythm. The Ducks have the excellent HB in James and Sheffield leads the Raiders I do believe (correct me if I'm wrong). I'll give this one to the Raiders as I believe James can be shut down. 28-21.

13. harriscw

harriscw Walk On

Sheffield is gone, now I got Doege. Not much difference.

14. Hova

I will ride with Hokie. As stacked as texas is, i think Penn St will make big plays on defense and run the ball well