Do guys from this site only play clubs on wednesday nights???

Discussion in 'TFCL - Tradition Futbol Clubs League' started by PIG BOMB, Oct 2, 2011.

1. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

sorry to start a thread with this question but i did not know where else to ask it

just wondering if guys here only play clubs once per week on wednesday nights???

i like to jump online and grab a game whenever..im usually gaming late every night of the week for at least a little while

if wednesday is the only or main night...are there any guys who want to play more often?

thanks!

2. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Wednesday night is the most common and set day, but sometimes people will play Sunday nights also

Some weekends a guy might post and see what the water is like for Friday and Sat nights tho

3. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

There are other nights. Its usually kinda impromptu tho. If you have a specific date/time in mind, start a thread and tag people to see who else you can get.

4. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I liked playing , I would play more if more guys wanted to , disappointed that we play so little :(

5. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

I liked playing , I would play more if more guys wanted to , disappointed that we play so little :(

6. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Yeah, wednesday is the set night but guy's always play different nights. I know a bunch of us played on Thursday night and we played until the wee hours on Friday so like ryal said, just tag all the guy's and you probably get some guy's to jump on with you.

7. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Yeah, we play different nights.

They only rule I have is that you need at least 3 people to play with FC Tradition. Also, if you are getting your ass handed to you, don't continue to drive the point total for the club down. There is a practice mode that everyone is welcome to use (so long that it doesn't interfere with any scheduled club play dates) and is a good alternative for 2-3 guys who just want improve.

• Like Like x 1
  8. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

PIG BOMB love the enthusiasm. Keep doing what you're doing and people will jump on when they can. I was gone most of the weekend or I would have partaken in the club festivities. I got a madden game to burn through, and maybe a NCAA one, but perhaps later on I can jump on if others are playing. I for sure am going to be devoting some time to improving my player.

9. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

can we get everyone invited to the FC Tradition club at this time?

that way i can invite players to club matches whenever im online.... right now everyone splintered off in smaller groups because not everyone wanting to play was invited in the club and nobody online was a manager of the FC Tradition club that could invite people in....

i also dont want jump around to clubs created for a night either... i think its cool to see your stats grow and see how your player has played for the club...obvioulys these stats are wiped out every time you leave the club to play with another one

i could also make the "Copa Tradition" [a temporary club i made one nigh for a few of us] a permanent deal if you like...i just need a pinned thread in the clubs section
    i could act as the host of the club and TSO guys wanting to jump in and play whenevercould do so without me having to jump from temp club to temp club

if TSO is not interested in making FC Traditon a bigger player pool so we can play more often then I hope my Copa Tradition option would be considered.

10. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

MoonBBad forgot to tag u see previous post ^^^^^^

11. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    We are exploring options for more clubs. If guys need back on the FC Tradition squad, they need to contact me so I can hop on and do so.

I would prefer for everyone to not make a 1000 clubs and hop around. Its a pain to have to jump on each time and move people back and forth.

We will get more organized as we know who is going to be around for 8 months. Some people don't even have the game yet.

• Like Like x 1
  12. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

I also agree with this. I really think this is the year we can take the next step and have a very good record. Obviously, we all play for the fun of it but it was so much fun on Friday night kicking ass. Clubs is always fun but everyone get's a little pissy when we continue to struggle. Nights like Friday should be more of the norm for the guy's we have on this club.

I think alot of our success was due to us having alot of club vet's playing but we did move the ball so well and it showed on the scorelines. Even with some new guy's, the key is the ball movement and not panicking when getting the ball. We just need to relax and think before we make risky passes. I'm as guilty as anyone with risky passes but I'm really trying to make a concerted effort to make the easy pass instead of the 'pretty' pass.

I also think our success was due to us having a good mix of offensive pro's and defensive one's. What I mean is both JFace907 and Timpegoose really know what their doing back at the Fullback spots. Being the ANY, it made my job so much easier because I could just concentrate on my two CB's and the CDM spots. Both guy's know when to push forward and when not to. Also having guy's like ryalaman, Colemanchu, PIG BOMB and elprez98 on the wings helps because they can recognize when those two fullbacks would push forward and they would drop back to take their spots. With us not allowing a goal for almost 8 straight games without a human keeper just reinforces how good our team defense really was.

I thought our 4-2-3-1 formation was a good fit for our skill set. I really think we need to have Drift as our lone striker as the guy just has a knack for scoring goals. He's always in the right spots and he wins damn near every ball in the air. We really started to hit our stride when he jumped in. DelZaster is obviously more dangerous on the wing with his speed and crossing ability and Cole and Prez's creative play's suit the midfield perfectly.

Hopefully we can keep this sort of team play going throughout this release as this is what we can accomplish when we play together. Obviously we have a ton of guy's that weren't there but most of them have the same skill set's as the guy's that were around on Friday. The only exceptions may be at the Fullback spots as I'm not sure anyone can play those positions like JJ, Goose and Faceplant but hopefully we can find some guy's that would like to play that role as those 3 won't always be around. If guy's can just mimic 50% of what those guy's do, we'll be damn successful all year.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Don't worry pig I just work on weekends. During the weekdays shit gets cracking.

14. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

+1 id love to get more clubs action myself.

15. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Have we given the thought of a few vets making a "farm system" team ?

What I mean by this is guys who are club vets trying to field teams of newer guys to help us not only learn some tactics and what to do vs. what not to do ? Maybe put a vet or two on opposite sides to help coach newer guys ? I know this is all for fun but nobody wants to be the fat kid who causes a loss so to speak.

Secondly , I don't know about any other new guys but I made my virtual pro a left forward based on the fact all I know how to do at this point is run forward and try to score lol , I would like to learn a new position and be more helpful , I know more about quantum physics than soccer at this point.

Finally , as a newbie to clubs I was wondering if say we have 16 guys online to play clubs could 8 guys play, then once they start 8 guys play a totally different game still under same club ?

Any replies would be apreciated , or if anyone wants to PM me to help me learn a new position ( no homo ) or what not that would be cool too.

no NBA = :doodie:
    me learning about FIFA = (y)