>>> DO THE MATH! Information to include in your trade post...

Discussion in 'Team Management' started by LtJustice, Sep 8, 2012.

1. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Guys, I wanted to put something like this together before we started posting trades, but I didn't have the time. I wanted to let you guys know what information is expected when posting trades and how to get it. I will use my trade proposal with the Raiders as an example:

UPDATED:

You guys spoke and we listened! We are scrapping the plan of using the OVRs for EVERY scheme. Instead, we will be using the OVR ratings from the practice mode rosters.

(Thank you to those who jumped right on it and changed your trades to using every scheme, but we believe this change will make things easier in the long run)

Example Trade:

Panthers Send:

DE - G Hardy - Age: 24 - Practice OVR: 79

CB - D Butler - Age: 26 - Practice OVR: 75

TOTAL CAP SPACE: $7.82M + $1.00M (Bulter Cut Saving) + $480K (Hardy Cut Saving) = $9.30M - $380k (Jones Salary) - $820k (Spencer Salary) = $8.1M Adjusted Cap Space

FUTURE CAP PENALTY INCURRED WITH TRADE: $80K (Butler Future Penalty) + $1M (existing penalty for next year) = $1.08M Total penalty

REASONING BEHIND TRADE: Trading away some youth at deep positions, getting an older CB as a 1 year rental and a future 3rd rounder to make up for the age.

Raiders Send:

HB - T Jones - Age: 24 - Practice OVR: 77

CB - S Spencer - Age: 30 - Practice OVR: 78

Raiders 2013 3rd Round Draft Pick

TOTAL CAP SPACE: $16.81M + $380K (Jones Cut Saving) + 820K (Spencer Cut Saving) = $18.01M - $1M (Butler Salary) - $480k (Hardy Salary) = $16.53M Adjusted Cap Space

FUTURE CAP PENALTY INCURRED WITH TRADE: $200K (Spencer Future Penalty) + $1M (existing penalty for next year) = $1.2M Total penalty

REASONING BEHIND TRADE: I did not need Jones as i have a good back up and I upgrade at my depth at DE and CB with two great young players .

----------------------------------------------

Practice OVRs:

You will need to go into a practice mode from the CCM to obtain OVR rating for any player(s) you are trading away. EACH OWNER involved in a trade will have to do this for their own team/player(s). Simply enter practice and go to the depth chart. Be sure to use the OVR from the player(s) native position. (Ex. You don't want to use the rating from ROLB for a LOLB, etc.)

Future Penalties:

The other thing you will need to do is correctly figure the future cap penalty. This year in Madden the bonus for the years remaining on the contract will apply as a penalty to this season AND future seasons. The way this works is that this year's portion of the bonus is a penalty immediately and any future years portion of the bonus will hit as a lump sum penalty next year. If a player is in his final season, or has a bonus of zero, there is no future penalty.

You can utilize the penalty calculator I created to determine the future penalties, as well as to determine if the trade is allowable under the new Trade Penalty Restrictions.

---------------------------------------------------------

I hope you guys appreciate the effort to simplify trades, as far as ratings are concerned.

I hope this helps and happy trading!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  2. javy0472

javy0472 Walk On

wow..this is serious info...if thats the case im out of any trades ...........lol:confused:

3. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Trading is SERIOUS business. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. javy0472

javy0472 Walk On

tell me about it ...i need a capologist..................:confused:

5. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

just simple math my friend... ;)

6. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner