Do we need to re-word/work the cap hit rule?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, May 25, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Do we need to re-word/work the cap hit rule?

Guys are getting confused. The way I understand it is if you trade a player away that is above his overall rating then you subtract what his overall calls for and you take the hit of the difference while the new team gets him for what his overall calls for.

I have no problem changing this or adjusting it or even keeping it the same and just re-wording where it makes more sense.

thoughts??

ps. a thought i had if we decided to change is to take and subtract the overall rating cap hit, and take that difference and divide it in half amongst both teams. So team trading the player away takes a cap penalty of half of the 'overage' while the team getting the player gets the cap hit of the players overall plus half of the 'overage'.

just a thought.

2. Big D

Big D Walk On

My idea (to make it the most like NFL) is that the OLD team would take a hit of what the player was paid over the minimum. This 'roster bonus' is always paid by the original team in the NFL I believe. The new team would then just get the player for the OVR.

In other words, as 85 rated 40ovr player......

OLD TEAM: 32 point hit
    NEW TEAM: 8 points

3. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

I agree, Like Jake Delhomme will still get about 7 million from the Panthers from his contract with them.

4. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

yes, that is how it currently done. read the rule and see if we need to re-word it