Do we want to do a "coaches" poll?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by carolinaeasy, Nov 23, 2010.

1. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Jul 19, 2010
    I thought this might be a cool addition to our site but it would take a little work by you guys. Do we want to have a "coaches" poll where we submit our "top 12" based on how each team is doing? I think it could be some fun for us. In order to keep it private and avoid any issues we could simply PM our votes to Arch, Ego, or myself and one of us could tally them up and post them. Only you and the counter would know who you voted for.

This could be a weekly poll and replace the "power rankings" which are tough to do. This might spark some discussion and be some fun at the same time.

This would be different from the User Ladder because it would take into account all games, even those against the CPU. There would be nothing gained out of it for the "winner" but would still be fun.

My plan would be this:
    1. =12 points
    2. =11 points
    3. = 10 points
    4. = 9 points
    5. = 8 points
    6. = 7 points
    7. = 6 points
    8. = 5 points
    9. = 4 points
    10. =3 points
    11. = 2 points
    12. = 1 point

We then tally up the points and see who is where, we can even put first place votes in () for everyone to see who is the team getting the most consideration.

Any thoughts? Negative and Positive.
  2. bdub

bdub Walk On

Jul 26, 2010
    I think this is a great idea, and if you guys are to busy I would be glad to take the votes and calculate it.
  3. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Feb 19, 2009
    This would be fine with me. It would be better than the user ladder we have up now, which isn't getting much attention anyway. Problem is, we are going to be chasing people down for their votes. No one keeps on schedule for long. If you don't mind hassling guys for their lists, then it's definitely a lot more interesting than what we have now. I just don't want to be responsible for managing it.
  4. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Jul 19, 2010
    That is the would take about 10 minutes to put a little thought into and sending the pm but we still would have guys not doing it for a number of reasons. I am not sure yet, but I want to see a little more feedback and see what the others feel about.

I also think the User Ladder needs to stay. That would be a totally different measuring stick of ability than playing against the CPU.
  5. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Aug 19, 2010
    I think this has great potential, but will only be as good/fun as the effort we put into it. I tend to think this could really end up working because, really, how much time each week would it take to cast your 12-team ballot? Little effort, quality reward.
  6. Goose

Goose Walk On

Jul 20, 2010
    I like it. I was actually thinking about this the other day.