Do you guys preorder?

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by hammerhead1010, Jun 30, 2011.

1. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Do you guys preorder the game or just pick it up?

Also any of you sleezeballs found a good discount online or am I going to have to throw the whole $60 to get this?

2. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

I've done it both ways. If GameStop is having a midnight release, I'll preorder and pay in full so that at midnight they can just hand me the game and I'm on my way. If they don't, I go to Wally-Mart and find somebody to get the game out at midnight.

Last year I found it on Dell for $40. I preordered like two months early, and four days before it's released, I get an email saying that they are moving my ship date back two weeks because of a backlog of orders. F that. I emailed to cancel it, but I got it a week after release anyway. I sold it on ebay for 60 and made 20 bucks minus a couple of bucks for shipping. I'd be wary of any internet sales.

3. Steamer43

Steamer43 Cleveland Steamer

Want to preorder it and get the 5 unis but I'm thinking I'll just run over to Wal-mart at midnight.

4. Full Moon Fever

You also get the 5 unis if you share the demo with somebody. All you do is pick anybody off your friends list.

5. Steamer43

I believe the set of 5 for the demo is a seperate set. The 5 from gamestop are for different teams.

6. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

my gamestop told me I'd get 25% off if I preorder. Hopefully I can make it over there at some point.

7. Full Moon Fever

Went to GameStop today again and asked if they would be having a midnight release like they did last year. They won't. But we will for Madden! I would've told him to fuck off with his Madden if my 3 year old wouldn't have been with me. Guess I'll be doing the midnight Wal-Mart run. Luckily, they just built one less than two miles from my house.

8. DirtycashDylan

Nothing wrong with that, seems to work faster than Gamestop anyway and you get to buy paper towels as well.

and it was 25% more credit on used games turned in toward the preorder of NCAA, not 25% off, btw.

9. Full Moon Fever

Yeah I wondered about that. I figured if anybody was giving NCAA for 25% off, it would be all over the place.

10. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Yeah, I've never pre-ordered a game in my life. Wal-Mart usually has them on the shelves even before midnight (I bought NBA 2K11 around 10:30p the night of release this past year)

11. Full Moon Fever

At the GameStop in Lubbock it was cool because they made it into a party. Starting at 10 they had pizza and drinks, they had tv screens showing highlights from the football season, and a few consoles set up with last years game for people to play. Of course they had close to 100 people there. At 11:50 we all lined up and if you already paid they just handed you your copy on the way out the door.

Last year here it was just a line of douchers waiting outside the store until the manager opened it at midnight. Probably 15-20 people and it took longer than Lubbock. When I've done it at Wal-Mart it took a while for the cashier to come and set up heir register. Oh well.

12. DirtycashDylan

Yeah I don't know what I was thinking when I preordered from Gamestop. That "25% off" brought me in but it's gonna suck.

Us Dallas boys should all preorder from the same place and meet up! I got mine in Irving.

nikpin
    Full Moon Fever
    JQwon13
    xtreme snoopy
    RynoAid

13. JQwon13

JQwon13 Walk On

I actually won't even be in town unfortunately. I've gotta go to Houston for work next week and won't be back til late Thursday night, so I'll have to go get the game on Friday.

14. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

I'm 100% sure I won't be getting the game Tuesday night. I may even wait till after the 22nd unless we get the ball rolling early here.

15. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Yea I won't be either. I go on Vacay the 14th-22nd or something and just dropped fuckin $515 on getting my car fixed so I probably will just pick the game up when I get back in town (after I sell some plasma).

16. Full Moon Fever

What a lack of commitment.

17. DirtycashDylan

For real. Priorities...

18. DirtycashDylan

I bet some guys in the New Member Lounge will be getting it at midnight...

19. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

They need a certain amount of preorders to do a release. =/

That's how it is at the one where I live, you need to stand outside (or in the store if there's not a ton of people) and it's usually a group of sub humans who I feel terrible being in the company of. It's really, really bad for all the releases except for CoD/Halo/Gears... But, I'm a dumb ass, so I'm going to the NCAA one...
    I usually preorder the games and then pay them off in full before they come out. You get the preoder bonuses and then I don't need to worry about having the money on release date.

20. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

You guys are being ridonculous...

21. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Work is ruining my life. I'm going out of town July 30th and I'll be back August 6th but assuming I can get my Xbox on an airplane and where I'm staying has WiFi I'll bring my Xbox.

22. Full Moon Fever

New career IMO.

23. Full Moon Fever

Thanks for the business lesson. I asked the guy how many they needed and how many they had, and he wouldn't give me a number. IMO, if people pay to reserve the game at Gamestop, GS now has no incentive to open the store at midnight. They're getting their money anyway. I told the guy if I could get it there at midnight I'd buy it from GS, if not I wouldn't.

I've never pre-ordered or waited in line for anything but NCAA, and I always thought that crowd was a solid cut above the crowd that's normally in GameStop.

24. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Can't tell if that's sarcasm. :eek:

I think the number is 50 though.

25. Steamer43

Turns out the walmart near me might not be a 24 hour and I don't want to drive 30 minutes to the super walmart. Might as well go pre-order at gamestop and get my uniforms then.