Do you want Season 3 to be the last season until NCAA 2011?

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by Dru50, May 2, 2010.

?

Do we continue after season 3?

1. No - I want a break until 2011 drops.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes - I want to continue as long as we can.

100.0%
  1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Do you want Season 3 to be the last season until NCAA 2011?

OK, we have two choices:

1. We make the upcoming season 3 the final season until NCAA 2011 (ie - we take a month or so hiatus after the end of next season). If this is the case, I'm going to go with Gators recommendation that the entire offseason will be simmed except for players leaving and position changes, as recruiting will be meaningless since none of the players would likely start next year for any of us anyway.

2. We continue with the intent of playing with the current group until NCAA 2011 drops. If certain coaches want a break, they can be put on auto and will have their spot saved for next year. I'm willing to keep this rolling as long as there are at least 6-8 total people interested in continuing.

Please vote, I will keep this open until the BCS title game is played.

2. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I voted for the break, but I will stick around if continuing wins.

3. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

I think a break is needed and make the opening '11 season more meaningful.

4. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I voted yes only because I like Dru's idea of keeping it going and putting those that want a break on auto pilot. If you want to keep playing play, if not just go on auto and wait for the release. I'm pretty indifferent though.

5. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Just as an fyi, we advanced to week 1 of season 2 on March 9th so it took us approx 2 months for a season. We won't finish this season off until mid-week and get through the offseason and to week 1 until next week. That means that season 3 won't finish until a week before the `11 launch if we go at the same pace. So, it's highly unlikely everyone even gets through this season since majority of people seem to want around a month break before getting into `11 (me included).

So, I'd say we have two options:

1) Set a hard 48 hour advance schedule so that we can get through all of season three in just over a month. (obviously nobody will need time to recruit since there won't be a season 4)

2) Or just fully plan on people dropping out around week 7 of the season for their break. (if this is the way you choose, it might be a good idea to find out who will be committed for the duration of season 3 and reorganize everyone that's staying around into 1 or 2 conferences so it'll be fair during the 2nd half of the season ie WAC or MWC, kinda like tourney format)

Obviously, it's up to Dru, but if guys want to keep the dynasty running right up through the `11 launch, that's fine, but I'd imagine you'll see half the guys on auto for the second half of the season. So maybe the best thing to do would be to load the schedules in the front end with user games and just have some fun during May.

6. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

weitermachen mein fuhrer!

7. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

I got a sophomore Russell Sheppard waiting to fuck all yall bitches up so....

8. Dru50

OK, with half the group wanting to continue as long as possible (with 2 left to vote), we will plan on business as usual. Anybody who decides they need a break, just send me a pm and I will put you on AP. Don't worry, your spot will be secure for next years game.

9. Dru50

OK - Since enough of us are willing to continue, we will trudge along.

As people wish to bow out for a break they will be put on AP.