Does anyone here have a chance of getting the game early?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by carolinaeasy, Jul 1, 2011.

1. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

As the post says does anyone here have a hookup? I won't be getting it until midnight on the 12th, unless someone here can help a fella out.

2. DC

DC Shake n Bake

O how I wish...someday I'm going to figure out a way though

3. Big D

Big D Walk On

I won't be getting the game until July 15th....just a heads up.

4. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Typically, I get the game on the Thursday prior to release, but distributors are really clamping down on this kind of thing nowadays. Apparently, giving exclusive content to a single mega-retailer is ethically fine, but any perk associated with small dealers is some kind of felony. F-Gamestop. Never buy there. If the corner the market, it will be bad for all of us.

5. DC

DC Shake n Bake

I'm ok with some guys getting it a little late. I'd like to get a roster set with some rating tweaks. I'm a homer but everyone knows Arkansas WRs are stacked. And their ratings are pretty lackluster

6. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Lovetothe9s usually makes a nice roster with added rating tweaks...I would like to have this also since they always screw up the roster from ea

7. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Luvtotha9s

He usually takes his sweet time making them to make them as accurate as possible so expect version 1 to be released a week after the college football season starts, so sometime in early September.

8. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Yea luvs are awesome but they take to long. I say wait for the first file tweak and see how it is. We can always tweak our teams a little

9. soxandgators

We are gonna have to wait 2 weeks or so for all the patches to come in...so sure we can fin a good set by then

10. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I think we'll probably start a tester dynasty, lab some sliders and check out the recruiting and such. The time we get before the rosters come out will be good for us. It'll make season one less bumpy, I think, and it'll give us a chance to experiment.

11. soxandgators

Not a bad idea I like this approach

12. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Very sound idea

13. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

14. Big D

Big D Walk On

Any way we could do a Sim-Nation tourney to fill the 2 weeks? BFR did one last year...very fun. We had Pool Play...4 pools with round robin. Then the winners of the pools advance to the semis. Can do it in 2 weeks for sure.

The winner of the tourney got a bonus, like 1 extra recruit for the year of his choice or something like that.

15. bdub

bdub Walk On

Sounds like a good idea to me.