Does anyone want to continue?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by fuzzyl0gic, Mar 1, 2011.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

This league is on the verge of death, it's on life support right now. There is no permanent commish, there is no content being posted. Shaun is talking about butchering it soon. Chime in here with your thoughts.

2. T Bird8239

T Bird8239 Walk On

I no iam out of town...but I would like to keep going

3. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Im good either way.... What ever you guys decide

4. mboda

mboda Walk On

Now might be a good time to end it. Seems like its just about dead anyways. I pretty sure i'm the only one left from the original 12, and i think i would be sad to see it go.

5. fuzzyl0gic

Looks like this thing is dead then. Nice getting to know and play with all of you guys, good luck to you in the future.

6. briosu99

briosu99 6* Team Killer

It was fun while it lasted guys, sorry to see it go but things are pretty much dead here.

7. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

I was gonna leave at the end of the season. Like others, I've played this game every day from July - January and every other day for the last 2 months. Hard for me to get into two leagues this late.

8. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

WHAT! I've had a broken computer. What the heck is going on??!!

9. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

What happened to Soda??

10. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

Yea, I'd like to know as well. Where is SODA?!

11. fuzzyl0gic

12. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

So he just gave up the league?

13. fuzzyl0gic

14. SodaAddict

SodaAddict Proud Hurt Locker Commish

I will post this again here. It was in the week 5 discussion thread.

"So, bad news for me guys, my disc froze in the loading screen twice in a row for me trying to play Penn State, then it stopped reading NCAA completely.

I left the apartment for a while and came back and cleaned the disc and got it to read the game and I tried loading my game a 3rd time and it froze in the loading screen again.

Since it has been freezing some during idle, I decided it would be best for now for me to transfer commish roles on there until I figured out what to do about this situation.

So, for now, I handed the commish role over to Fuzzy, and he will have to be the one to advance us.

I will take the role back when I am sure my disc is working correctly... but I dunno if I want to buy the game again if I can't get it fixed since next year's game will come out in July. If that happens, I will make sure the league is taken care of.

I will keep you guys updated, and Fuzzy, if you want to transfer it over to someone else, that's fine.

I officially have terrible luck with stuff like this."

So, as it turned out my disc was cracked in the middle. I have no clue how it happened, but I tried getting it cleaned, and it still won't load games. I can start it up, but I can't get to any games. It just freezes in the load screen.

I would love to keep being the commish, but I really don't want to go pay another 35-40 bucks for a game that only has 4 months of life left, either.

I've been trying to get a replacement set up or to have one of the guys here take over, but I can't get site admins to communicate with me about it. It's been a very frustrating last few days.

I would love for you guys to keep it going, but there's obviously a lot that would have to be done.

15. fuzzyl0gic

@JOEDESIGNS
    Would you be interested in commishing this OD if we restarted with new teams and got some fresh blood in here? I've always to be UNC...

16. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

You should sim the rest of the season. Put everyone on autopilot and just see what happens.

17. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

I'd be down to stay around if we started over...... I was wanting to be Arizona any way

18. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

I'd consider it, because I think the Hurt Locker is a good league with the right leadership. Of course this decision would come from @Shaun Mason ultimately.

19. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Download it to the hard drive and play..

my disc started to crack in the center too, thank goodness I caught it early before more damage (spread into the middle) but it only reads the disc to begin the game and then not much after

20. SodaAddict

Yeah, I have one of the old 10 GB hard drives and was already having to constantly remove stuff just to have room to save game videos. I like the idea, though, and I would definitely do this if I had the room. I am looking in to getting a 16 GB Flash Drive to use for extra storage, but it will be a little while before I can do that.

21. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

You can't save the actual game on there, just you other info.

You can get a 16gb flash drive on amazon for $25 or an 8 for $15.

22. JOEDESIGNS

JOEDESIGNS Walk On

@ShaunMason I think this would be a good league if we can get stable personnel in it.

23. SodaAddict

Oh.. well sucks you can't save the game on there... how about Arcade games? Would I be able to move games I've downloaded over to the flash drive?

24. fuzzyl0gic

I'm transferring the commish role back over to Soda, and retiring. Farewell everyone.

25. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

Not sure. I just know you can't put the game on there because it has to pull the information and USB is to slow.

You have to format your FD, and I didn't want to do that so I haven't tried anything else.