Does FIU Deserve a Major Conference Invite?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jam., Sep 14, 2011.

?

Does FIU deserve a major conference invite?

1. Yes -- FIU would be able to compete in a major conference.

50.0%
  2. No -- FIU is simply too small of a school to be worthy of playing in a major conference.

25.0%
  3. I like beer.

50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

Just trying to instigate some discussion on the board...

The Case Against -

While FIU has certainly made strides under Coach Jam's leadership, they simply are not prepared to compete with major BCS AQ talent on a week to week basis. Though they've had some winning seasons, they have yet to have a dominating season, usually settling for an 8-5 or 7-6 season with a bowl experience. They have only won the Sun Belt once (though that might be attributed to Coach Tuco's dominance of the conference rather than FIU's inability to compete).

The Case For -

FIU is literally sitting in a hotbed of recruiting talent. Joining a major conference would be the springboard for FIU to soar to unimaginable heights under Coach Jam, a coach truly committed to the program. There's no better time than the present for FIU to join, with stellar QB Marque Jones about to hit his junior year of college. Coach Jam has recruited well, and being able to say he belongs to a big conference would only sway even more recruits away from UM and towards FIU. FIU deserves a chance to prove itself after upsetting many AQ schools over the years (yes even Vanderbilt :D)

Well croppers, what do you think?

2. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

Let me think this a bit

• Like Like x 1
  3. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

I say no to a BCS conference...for right now. Keep growing the program and dominate the Sunbelt, then I could see you replacing Vanderbilt in the SEC! :eek:

4. Jam.

Jam. FIU; Sun Belt Champions!

You don't like beer? :eek:

5. Paytonno1son

Paytonno1son Walk On

6. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

+1; HOWEVER, if we do add TAMU to the SEC West, I would be strongly in favor of adding FIU to the East. While I do feel that FIU is a few seasons away from earning the invite, FIU could build the recruiting base to compete in the SEC. Plus I hate the idea of odd numbers; they are fucking stupid. Symmetry all the way!

7. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

If we want to be sim about it, FIU will need a couple of BCS berths like Utah and TCU had

• Like Like x 3
  8. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

i'm going to go with this..i would say if FIU is looking for a better conference win the Sun Belt a couple more time with a couple wins against some big names mixed in. I wont vote for BCS right now but i wouldn't not be against them moving to C-USA which does have a better league rating then the Sun Belt but still lower than a BCS AQ

• Like Like x 2
  9. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Omg, Keller plays on ps3 too? :)

• Like Like x 3
  10. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

I reviewed Coach Jam. record last night at FIU

Florida International will remain in the Sun Belt Conference for the meantime. Just not there yet

• Like Like x 2
  11. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

I know I am a little late to the party, but I agree with everyone else. FIU may be a program on the rise, but they need to be a mainstay in the big time bowl games and as a reputable program as a whole. Keep winning and I say move them up in the next 3-5 years. I am not sure if they would ever be SEC worthy, most likely Big East or maybe a slim chance at the ACC

12. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I would like to see it happen for you Jam. But I think you need to get into a big time bowl a time or two.

But this is a video game, if you get the invite take it...expecially if it makes the game more fun for you the rest of the way.

I so wish I would have stayed at WSU...huge huge huge mistake.