Dolphins get out of a blizzard with a playoff spot.

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by DJDunn6, Oct 21, 2013.

1. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

Feb 19, 2010
    Miami game into its week 16 game at Buffalo needing a win coming off a heart breaking loss and a butt whipping to the Patriots. The Dolphins could clinch a WC berth with a win and a real sense of urgency was needed. The Dolphins put together a game plan for success that included not having their QB turn the ball over however when they woke up on Sunday morning a freak snowstorm had broke out in Orchard Park and all bets were off.

Miami opened the game quick and used the run game to set up the pass game as the combo of Ben Tate and Lamar Miller sharing carries combined for over 100 yards rushing on the day. Mike Wallace would also get free a few times surprisingly on the frozen field to have a nice day as well catching a long second quarter TD to put Miami up 14-10.

The Bills would adjust however as EJ Manual would throw together 2 scoring drives bringing the score to 14-10 at the half and the Fish on the road had to wonder how they could let the momentum slip yet again in a key game.

The Dolphins defense however would really clamp down in the second half as the weather got worse EJ Manual could not use all his talents and Miami would sack the Bills QB 4 times including Dion Jordan getting in 2 times on key third downs. Ryan Tannehill was really efficient completed all but 2 of his pass attempts as Ben Tate and Lamar Miller kept Miami balanced and led them on 2 additional TD drives giving the Dolphins a 28-10 lead and the defense did the rest. Being one dimensional now and having poor field conditions really played into Miami's hands getting a keeping the lead. The Dolphins break their 2 game slide with a 28-10 road win and now must decide weather to rest or battle for the #5 seed vs the Jets next week to close out the season. GG Mike I know you were out of it just getting in from being away thanks for getting the game in look forward to our next battle down the road.
    • Like Like x 4

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Jun 13, 2010
    Congrats on clinching a Wild Card playoff berth Danny!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. heathh

heathh Walk On

Jul 17, 2013
    Congrats bro! I missed out on my opportunity it fell perfect in my lap and I couldn't deliver. Go get'em man!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

Jul 23, 2010
    Congrats DJ and GL on the playoffs
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

Jul 31, 2012
    Great Game DJDunn6 GL Luck in the playoffs represent the division. I look forward to many more divisional battles

Two games ago monsoon rain, this game blizzard central ... Next game earthquake...I'm coming for you PepperNY
    • Like Like x 2