Dolphins Offline Franchise

Discussion in 'Madden NFL Football' started by I Peench, Mar 31, 2012.

1. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

[​IMG]
    Settings:
    9 minute quarters, 20 second runoff​
    All Madden​
    Injuries/Sim Injuries On​
    Trade Deadline On​
    Season 1 (sim):
    Record: 6-10​
    Awards: MLB Karlos Dansby (Pro Bowl)​
    Season 2 (play):
    Record​
    Awards​

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  2. I Peench

Preseason Report: Season 1
    Marshall Out, Carter and Williams In
    [​IMG]

-In a shocking series of events, the Miami Dolphins have shipped All World WR Brandon Marshall to the Chicago Bears for a 1st round draft pick and veteran WR Roy Williams.

-The Dolphins added rookie MLB Bruce Carter to their roster. At 66 overall, the former Tar Heel has B potential and 88 speed, something Coach Peench covets at that position.

-Matt Moore and Chad Henne looked equally inept at starting QB, as the Fins went 1-3 in the preseason.

-The offense really struggled all around. Teams keyed on the run and no running back averaged more than 3.0 ypc.

-Jake Long and Maurice Pouncey gave up no sacks, while combining for 6 pancakes.

-OLB Cameron Wake dominated. 3 sacks in limited action and an interception. MLB Karlos Dansby looked solid as well.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
  3. I Peench

Season One Review (SIM)
    Despite surprisingly consistent QB play, Dolphins Struggle and go 6-10
    [​IMG]

-Matt Moore did a decent job at QB, finishing with an 88.9 rating, 23 TDs, and 13 INTs

-Reggie Bush averaged 4.4 ypc and 944 yards, but rookie Daniel Thomas really struggled

-Brian Hartline emerged as a number 1 WR. 67 receptions, 721 yards and 8 TDs.

-RG Vernon Carey's age showed. 12 sacks allowed.

-All Pro MLB Karlos Dansby was a stud. 88 tackles, 9 sacks, 2 INTs, 2 FF

-Cameron Wake's production dipped a bit, with only 9 sacks

-SS Yeremiah Bell had a decent year, 58 tackles and 4 INTs

-CB Vontae Davis had 4 INTs

-The Dolphins offense was ranked in the bottom third of the league with only 7400 yards.

-The defense, however, was a bright spot...finishing top 10 conceding only 4900 yards on the season. They had a solid 31 sacks, but a weak 18 turnovers.

-GM Peench now focuses to the offseason. Look for him to build a team more suited towards his style in both FA and the draft. With 2 first round picks and a surprisingly decent season by Moore, there is reason for hope.

Around the League:

Superbowl saw the Chargers take down America's team. Question about Romo's ability to rise to the occasion have been silenced...for the most part.
    NFL MVP: Drew Brees
    NFL OPOTY: Drew Brees
    NFL DPOTY: Victor Butler
    NFL OROTY: Cam Newton
    NFL DROTY: Cameron Jordan
    Coach of the Year: Sean Payton

4. I Peench

Season One Offseason Notes
    Regime Change in South Beach
    [​IMG]
    -Following a dissapointiing season, the Miami Dolphins have let head coach Tony Sporano go. His replacement is GB defensive coordinator Dom Capers. Capers spent 2007 and 2008 as a defensive coordinator for Miami, following his release from Houston as head coach. Seems like a good fit, as he will strengthen a good defense that has a similar philosophy already.​

-In other news, veteran OLB/DE Jason Taylor has announced his retirement. Taylor, a 15 year vet, is 36 years old.

5. I Peench

Season One FA/Draft Review
    Free Agency Review: Dolphins stayed pretty quiet in FA, trying to be economically frugal moving forward. We resigned some big guys on the defensive line. Want to keep as many guys in house as possible​
    My draft review is based solely on scouting information I have available​
    Draft Review:​
    1 (7). WR Gareef Charles 6'3 225 lbs Ohio State
    Green has an absolutely sensational skillset that should translate VERY well to the next level. From what I've unlocked, he has sensational speed, strength, and overall athleticism. His catching needs a little work (75), but overall he looks like an absolute dominant WR. Replacement for the departed Brandon Marshall.
    1 (15). QB Skyler Steelman 6'5 218 lbs Baylor
    Steelman was a risky pick for me. By 15, all the project round 1 guys I'd scouted I did not like. Not wanting to overreach value wise, I took a guy who was projected as a top 10 pick and had fallen. I had scouted Steelman a bit, and that was enough. I had unlocked 96 THP, 67 THA, 85 SAC, and 66 MAC. Will be interesting to see how he turns out.
    2 (7). LE Lattrel Holloway 6'5 306 lbs New Mexico
    Holloway was another guy I had rather limited information on. He projects well as a 3-4 end, and has tremendous burst for a guy that big (93 ACC). Add to that an 88 STR rating and a 91 injury rating, and he was worth the risk. A lot of guys I'd scouted had really bad injury ratings, and I wasn't willing to take that risk
    3 (7). LG Jeremy Appleby 6'4 314 lbs Oregon State
    I think this is a certified stud here. 96 strength, A potential, 89 pbk, 83 rbk. I scouted him like crazy and feel very confident about this pick.
    4 (7). CB Xavius Dawson 6'2 195 lbs Ole Miss
    An outstanding athlete, Dawson is reminiscent of Antonio Cromartie. 96 speed, 98 acc, 99 agility, 99 jump. I was unable to scout his coverage ratings, but this was worth the risk in round 4. Could be a big bust.
    5 (7). SS Kelcy Waters 6'1 201 lbs Beth-Cookman
    Yeremiah Bell is entering his final years in the NFL. This was a pick made solely to try to replace Bell down the road. Waters is a decent athlete with good tackling ability. A bit of an unknown. Could be a bust.
    6 (7). SS Quintaze Hill 6'1 2-5 lbs Missouri
    Because I was scouting SS heavily, this was the only 6th round guy I had left scouted without a horrible deficiency. Good athleticism, durable, and again worth the risk. I figure either Waters or Hill will work out, and I'll have my replacement for Bell.
    7 (7). WR Benjamin Williams 6'3 178 lbs Texas A&M
    6'3 with 95 speed and 95 acc. Total guess here. Hoping he is decent. If anything, as a returner.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
  6. I Peench

Season 2 Preseason Notes
    -My overall draft grade for myself is a B-. Charles is an 84 A potential STUD at WR, Appleby is 83 A potential monster, and Dawson was a steal at 83 A potential as well. Holloway was a huge bust, as were Waters and Hill. Steelman was decent, 76 B potential. Need to do a much better job of balancing out scouting reports, but its really tricky. Williams was a nice snag at 7...66 overall but B potential and athletic as hell.
    -MLB Bruce Carter suffered a career ending injury. Planned on starting him and using his speed and coverage skills. Bit of a blow to my defense here. Signed Rocky McIntosh as a replacement.
    -Dolphins struggled this preseason (in a sim), going 0-4. Hopefully this isn't any indication of how the season is going to go.
    -The running back duo of Bush and Thomas excelled, but both QBs struggled​
    -Brady Quinn signed as 3rd string​
    -Defense lone bright spot. Dawson is lethal in the secondary, and Dansby forced fumbles and picked balls off all preseason long. The turnovers forced by this defense will be a big help this season, as this offense continues to grow.

7. I Peench

Season 2 Preview
    [​IMG]
    Can Dansby and the D Carry the Fins in Year 2?
    If the Dolphins expect to be successful in a tough AFC East, the defense will have to carry the load. Matt Moore is solid, but he just doesn't have enough playmakers around him yet. The addition of Gareef Charles is huge, however, and we'll see if he can add that extra element to the Dolphins offense that propels them to a winning record. Reggie Bush and Daniel Thomas should be a good running duo that will take the pressure off of Moore a bit. The offensive line is very solid, especially with the addition of LG Jeremy Appleby, who looks to make the move to RT in year one.​
    Defensively, this is a group that can wreak some havoc and has a stud at each level. Wake and the DL can get after the QB and contain the run, Dansby is a stud MLB, and Vontae Davis and rookie Xavius Dawson are a fantastic CB Duo.

Prediction: 9-7 (Wild Card Birth)

8. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

So are you playing any games I Peench?

9. I Peench

Playing season 2 now. All Madden is tough. 20-13 win week 1 vs Jets.

10. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

You playing default All-Madden or using sliders?

11. I Peench

Default All Madden. Will be updating halfway through the season. Sitting at 2-1 right now.

12. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    What's the purpose of simming the first season? I am thinking of doing one for the jags

13. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

Keep me updated on your sliders for sure. We are similar in playing skill and I have yet to find a decent set in Madden. I'm like 6-1 with the Broncos in year one with Tebow starting all 7 games.