Dolphins/Pats Trade

Discussion in 'Team Management' started by stryder24, Feb 12, 2011.

1. stryder24

stryder24 Walk On

Pats Trade

Back up HB Brandon Boutte 81 OVR B Pot (has 97 speed and 99 agi and acc)
    ROLB Jermaine Cunningham 75 OVR 24 "??" POT

Fins trade

Ronnie Brown 89 HB A POT
    LE Philip Merling 78 B POT 27 years old (would start at LE)
    ROLB Cameron Wake 89 A POT He is 30 though.....

I think I am giving up enough... PATS starting HB is a 24 year old 84, so ronnie would be a upgrade for a few years while he develops

Let me know if I need to make any additions or changes

@kdpnutter
    @JoHud
    @rushers24
    @Seachicken3
    @Jmustang1968

again I know that I am getting a good young back, but he wont be great for another 2 years, ronnie is still good, but I do not want to play one more game with him. I am taking a huge step back on OLB with Wake being traded, but thats how motivated I am. I would trade Misi (84 OVR, 25 years old "B" potential) since he is younger if u thing that is more fair, or Dansby at this point. Although the OLBs are the pats weakness. Also I could put Carver there? but I would think the PAts would rather have ronnie.....

2. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

So Merling is a 2 point upgrade over Ty Warren, @ LE
    Ronnie Brown is a 5 point upgrade at HB,

Hmmmm I say NO, Cunningham is one of the best YOUNG 34 OLBs in the game, with the severe shortage of Draft generated 34 OLBS. and the speed from that HB you are getting too much back for marginal upgrades. I cant see Wakes 89 rating and awareness making up for a 97 speed HB and a 266lb 80+ speed "B" 34 OLB

3. stryder24

stryder24 Walk On

Wake is one of the fastest linebackers in the game... i didnt no the OLB was the good, so I can put another one on there, just need someone to fill the hole. what if I put guy guyton there? he is the PATs 3rd MLB??? would that make it better? and take out the young OLB.

4. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I'd be fine with it if you make that correction

5. stryder24

stryder24 Walk On

6. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

@stryder24

I will look at this tomorrow, I do see it tonight but cant really look at the ratings and all that.

Also in the updated one, I'd like ages, potentials and positions so I can break it all down before I decide.

7. JoHud

JoHud Walk On

I Agree with kdpnutter. The thing that stands out to me is Brown has got to be old 30+. And as a running back that makes him almost worthless. Seems like the Pats are getting screwed on the age.

• Like Like x 1
  8. stryder24

stryder24 Walk On

HB Ronnie Brown A Pot 30 years old 89 OVR
    LE Philip Merling B Pot 27 years old 78 OVR
    ROLB Cameron Wake A Pot 30 years old 89 OVR

for

HB Boutte B POT 24 yeards old 81 OVR
    Gary Guyton B? POT 27 years old 77 OVR

Again I could put Koa Misi here, a 84 LOLB 25 years old B Pot but I think they would rather have wake.

boutte is good yes... but so is their starter who is an 84 and the same age. Brown would be a 2 year stop gap while their other young tailback develops. Merline is young, 27, and a 78, so would be a immediate and future upgrade at LE for them and C Wake is in his prime and one of the fastest ROLBs in the league.

I know I am getting a good player, that is the point, but I am giving the patriots 1 major upgrade, and 2 good upgrades for their "backup" tailback and a 3rd string MLB. I know we are supposed to favor the CPU on trades like this, and I think that is what I am doing.

9. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

30 years old is really what worries me at RB, we all see with the rookie RB's that their stamina is low and they come out rather quickly so having a solid back up is really important and the type of speed your talking about getting in return comes at a premium and Wake is 30 years old also, which is when LB hit the wall and start dropping big time. If it was Misi I would take a better look at it but in the current state I am going to have to decline to me the CPU isn't getting enough in return. Brown is too old for them to get something solid as we have seen this year in your games, Brown is struggling majorly as he has hit the 30 year old mark.

If it gets my approval it's probably going to have to include, Misi, and probably Jake Carver if Boutte is going to be in the deal, we see every year in the draft the new RB's are coming out and older RB's are falling by the wayside if you look at FA now for RB's you'll see quite a bit, young guys are taking the place. He maybe listed as a "backup" but that type of speed and and stats which I have viewed comes at a big price. Feel free to try something else, but it would have to include Misi not Wake for me to consider it and Ronnie Brown does not work for me.

Decline.

@stryder24

10. ChickenOfTheSea

I'll say YES, along with @Jmustang. in the corrected version.

11. stryder24

stryder24 Walk On

@rushers24 it looks like you are the tie-breaker. @JoHud was your vote a no? or did u need to look at it further?

@knpnutter again I would rather put misi in there as I think wake has more value, so I guess depending on how rusher or Johud vote if I switch out wake for Misi you would be a yes?

12. stryder24

stryder24 Walk On

@knpnutter

so carver, wake, and merling would work for you? or carver, misi and merling?

13. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Misi, Merling, Carver would work for me.

14. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

Decline

It would not make sense for the Patriots to trade for a 30 year old running back when they already have 2 young studs. The two best players ages that you would be giving up does not match Bloutte's age of 24. A young RB with that kind of speed comes at a premium.

• Like Like x 1
  15. stryder24

stryder24 Walk On

Carver HB B Pot 24 years old OVR 82
    Merling LE B Pot 27 years old OVR 78
    Misi 84 OVR B Pot 25 years olf OVR 84

for

Boutte HB B POT 24 year old 81 OVR
    Gary Guyton B POT 27 years old 77 OVR

@rushers24
    @Seachicken3
    @JoHud
    @Jmustang1968

kdpnutter already agreed to this one... so two more approvals needed.... thanks!

16. ChickenOfTheSea

17. stryder24

stryder24 Walk On

18. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Maybe I'm biased in this case but I honestly don't see how this stacks up. How any of those guys have value close to a 24yr old 97spd 99agi 99acc HB is beyond me. Theres a reason guys like CJ Spiller and Felix Jones lead the league in YPC - they are unique talents. This guy is even better.

89ELU
    72TRK
    94SPN
    95JUK
    95CAR

The guy is a stud.

I try not to get involved in trade talks but you guys are not looking at everything. Hes shipping them Jake Carver in return, an already capable back with 92spd 99agi 93elu. My point in saying that is, everyone covets these type of players, as evidenced by giving up Carver. Carver is already a very capable back but the speed difference makes Boutte an absolute stud. Players like Boutte with that type of SPD etc demand a premium. Look at how much I had to pay to get 30/31yr old Devery Henderson, for example. Boutte on the open market would demand crazy money.

• Like Like x 1
  19. stryder24

stryder24 Walk On

Keller. I am give up 3 young starters for him. Yes he is a good player. But I'm giving up a lot to get him. Including my young guy. U are a very biased towards CPU trade person which is why u took yourself off the committee.

20. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I took myself off the trade committee because I do enough as it is. The CPU has to be protected not exploited, bottom line.

Lets really take a look at the trade.
    Phillip Merling 78ovr - NOT a starter. If he is, it is by choice because Kendall Langford is 82ovr and the same age.
    Koa Misi 84ovr - Starter. Replaced by Gary Guyton, 77ovr MLB (probably even better at OLB.)

Heres Guyton's attributes.
    [​IMG]

Heres Misi's
    [​IMG]

Essentially a coverage linebacker for a pass rusher. I'd honestly rather have Guyton anyway, Miami already has Cameron Wake as a pass rusher. Guyton is much better in coverage and is faster. Guess how many sacks Misi had in 2011 anyway? ZERO.

Then you're swapping Carver for Boutte obviously.

I literally see this as a something for nothing trade.

21. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Misi had 0 sacks? Wow that is surprising he really is a good OLB, but with Guyton's stats it really illustrates the differences. I have been away from the console so I haven't had the chance to look at all this stuff. I will take a closer look when i get back tonight. As of now I will obstain my vote until a closer look.

Thank you to @Keller for providing some information for those of us that are currently away from the situation.

So you will need two more approvals as mine right now is pending further investigation.

22. stryder24

stryder24 Walk On

Wake had zero sacks last year. As did karlos dansby. I dont blitz often. Again I had wake first as I thought he wad better but was told misi would be better. I also had a different linebacker the 74 over Olb. And I had Ronnie brown. Who I thought had more value but that was told didn't. As far as merling. He doesn't start for me. But he would replacety Warren as starting Le for the patriots

I had two approvals for first trade and 2 for second trade. So I really only news one more approval on either trade based on whatthe comitee deems fair

23. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Wake for me just isn't the answer and Ronnie Brown isn't at age 30 is when RB start to tank it. RB will drop probably 5 to 8 points this year. I will take a closer look at stats when I get home right now I am away on valentine's day and get the mobile part of the updates on threads. Dansby you wouldn't expect sacks from but Wake and Misi is difficult considering you would expect that from them. I will take a closer look and break it all down tonight. Until then lol I still obstain from my vote as being neither a yes or a no until further investigation can be done by me.

Until then no more replies from me lol and my mobile alerts are going off until after dinner tonight with the g/f.

24. stryder24

stryder24 Walk On

my employees are wondering why i keep typing away on my cell phone... heh....

need to this resolved ASAP so i can play my game though.... heh.

25. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I am ok with the trade as is... They are getting an extra guy and ratings boosts. Misi is a good young LB. If you really wanted to, one could pick apart any of these trades.