Dolphins walk out of New England with a rare road win.

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by DJDunn6, Jan 23, 2014.

1. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

The Dolphins over the years have had a hard time in New England usually getting taken to the wood shed tonight ended up different.

In a brutal hitting game that saw injuries all over the place Miami stood its ground and won it in the end on a desperate play. Miami controlled most of the game early never on the score board but in field position and kept hanging in hoping to keep it close. After an early interception Miami got the ball in the red zone but really did not chance the big play rather took the 3 pts given them to take an early lead. The game would have back and forth and several big hits later the Pats would tie the game up as the Dolphins could not capitalize on trying to take a 2 score lead. With the score tied late in the half Miami would begin a drive trying to be safe with the ball however after seeing a ton of lock down cover all night QB Ryan Tannehill would roll out and get sacked and injured back up Frank Gibbs would come in and find Ryan Swope in the back of the end zone to take a 10-3 lead into the half.

The Dolphins would receive and try to gain a larger edge however even though he came back out Tannehill would go down again after being hit on an interception this time for the game. The result was a nice drive by the Patriots ending in a tough 1 yard plunge by RB Steven Ridley to tie the game at 10. On this drive however NE back up QB inserted to run some zone read would be injured as well as a result of a big hit both times he entered the game he left injured very tough division battle. Both team would try to gain an edge through the rest of the half but neither D would budge. Late into the 4th quarter Miami would flirt with mid field again but QB Gibbs would be picked trying to force a pass to Mike Wallace and the Pats got the ball with about 4 minutes left in a tie game. New England ran a nice drive down the field to about the 20+ taking it to the 2 minute warning. The Pats would have a 3rd and inches and Ridley who always seems to fall forward would for sure get the call. The Dolphins d-line that stood tall all game left no gap and S Chris Clemons would come up and knock Ridley down and out of the game stopping him short and causing a fumble which an OL would recover. This play would result in a FG attempt but the injury stopped the clock as Miami had used 2 already. The FG would be good and NE had a late 13-10 lead.

The Dolphins would begin this drive with a back up QB, 1 timeout and 80 yards ahead of them. Gibbs would be safe with the ball but he was taking his time and the clock was moving fast. Miami would convert a late 4th and 1 around the 41 yard line but used their last time out in setting up the play (and to be honest forgot it was the last timeout). Gibbs quickly back under the ball but in a power set from the 4th and short found a streaking Dustin Keller inside the 15 yd line. A quick scramble to the ball and forgetting how to down it Miami completed a short pass but the clock was running under 12 seconds. The Dolphins called an audible but the field was flipped and as Gibbs backed away from the line at the snap Mike Wallace streaked open on a slant but Gibbs (or the dope controlling him) hit the wrong button as the play was flipped and the pass went into the flat on a quick hitch to TE Charles Clay who leaped over a CB to catch and then somehow broke a tackle and dove into the endzone with no timeouts left. Miami would kick the PAT and thank the football God's as with 6 seconds left and making a time management error forgetting to be out of timeouts and also just needing FG to tie Miami took a 17-13 lead. Ryan Mallett would try a hail mary but CB Tommie Campbell would bat it away and the season would start with a rush at 1-0 and a road win. GG pepper real physical on both sides it should have gone to OT or you even ran it out to win if Ridley didn't fumble on that 3rd and short.

• Like Like x 6
  2. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

WOOOOOOOOWWWWWW

3. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

If only we could have seen that last drive.

4. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

I actually streamed the game on my phone I am having some ustream issues maybe I can get it going today.

5. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Nice recap Danny. Sounds like it was a good one. Congrats!

• Like Like x 1
  6. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

Hell of a game and hell of a finish DJDunn6 I could tell I was doomed from the start as my offense was just completely out of sync. Needed to knock the rust off and that last play had me pulling my hair out. Thats the way it happens sometimes and hopefully I can return the favor to you in Miami.

• Like Like x 3
  7. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

• Like Like x 5
  8. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

thx Rob (y)

9. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

Great Close Divisional Game...It looked like Rob might come down with an INT on that drive...but it never happened