Don't get too Happy Penn St. fans

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Diddy81, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

2. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

Trent Richardson IS just as good, if not better. Look at the National Championship game. Alabama fans aren't worried, Alabama isn't worried lol

3. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

that a nervous lol I see?

4. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Ingram is the most overrated player in the NCAA and the worst Heismanman winner ever.

5. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

i doubt that is a nervous lol

6. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

nervous ? I'm not nervous about a thing, it doesn't regard my team, but it was a a lol at how stacked Alabama is.

"Heisman trophy winner running back goes down ? who cares !!!!!!! we've got 3 more just as good if not better"

7. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

I've also seen a few others that haven't performed well after winning the Heisman. to say Ingram is the worst, I don't think that's true. its just after winning the Heisman any player is going to have a Huge target on their back. and very Few Win the Bowl games after getting the award. Ingram performed well in the BCS Champ Gm. He still rushed for over 100 yrds and scored a td. so i have to say he did well. and i'm not saying that just because of my Name. I'm a Fan of all of College football. I don't just watch Bama games, i watch all of them.

8. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Not much buzz around the Penn State campus about this yet, I think we all know what we're up against. 250 tickets were sold for the game for students yesterday, 40 or so kids left without them. So there will be a turnout of PSU Student/Fans. I am stoked for this game, going to be somewhere in Happy Valley watching my Lions. Hearing that Ingram had surgery and likely won't be 100% (maybe 90%) just gives us a little ray of hope...even tho Bama is deep...

9. bamagrad

so how many games are u going to this yr. and are u going to any away games?.

10. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

I'm not going to the season opener against Youngstown St. Got a long weekend with Labor Day and forgot some stuff at home, so I'll sacrifice watching a scrimmage. Being a student, I have season tickets for the student section, so other than the Youngstown St game, probably all the rest of the home games. Maybe, maybe not Kent St, but likely. Definitely the Big10 games, especially Illinois (homecoming), Michigan, and Michigan St. May try and get to the Penn State v Indiana game as it is being played in Landover, MD at FedEx Field, so that is technically an "away" game. The Iowa game is my 21st birthday, wanted to go to it, but don't know if resources will allow, may just need to enjoy the night on College Ave, maybe at Kildaires. Have also thought about trying to get to the Pitt/WVU rivalry game.

11. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Yes us die hards know that Richardson has all of or more physical ability and skill as Ingram but we dont know if he can carry the load against a top tier team without Ingram doing the heavier lifting.

This is why Bama's passing game has to be better. If they can get Julio to put up the numbers he's capable of this team could be even better than expected, and that's saying something.

12. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

This might not have any affect on the game at all..Bama could lose Julio Jones, Greg Mcelroy and Richarson on offense and its still not going to help Penn State move the ball. Evan Royster wil have to run for 150 yards for Penn State to have any chance. And as much as I would love to see the Big 10 get a win here I just dont see it happening at all

13. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Bingo. Richardson will get the bulk while Ingram is out but Lacy and Goode will pick up some carries also. I would expect Lacy to get just as many as Richardson since Richardson will be handling kick-off returns unless Saban decides to pass the return duties to lessen the chance of us having to rely on our 3rd back because of injuries.

Julio will have a great season but Maze and Hanks will have one too. Bama's receivers are very talented and Maze can do AMAZING things in open space.

14. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Yeah they are going to be in a bad way in that game regardless who plays RB for Bama.

Actually they are kinda behind the eight ball for the entire year. Has anyone looked at that schedule?

It's a freaking meat grinder.

Sept. 4: Youngstown State win
    Sept. 11: at Alabama Loss
    Sept. 18: Kent State win
    Sept. 25: Temple win
    Oct. 2: at Iowa loss
    Oct. 9: Illinois win
    Oct. 16: OPEN
    Oct. 23: at Minnesota loss
    Oct. 30: Michigan ....?
    Nov. 6: Northwestern ....?
    Nov. 13: at Ohio State loss
    Nov. 20: at Indiana win
    Nov. 27: Michigan State...?

By my calculations they need to beat one of Michigan, State, or N'Western just to get bowl eligible Assuming they win all three they are looking at 8-4, I personally think 7-5 but that's just me.

15. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

Very true Penn State will have to worry about more than the running game in this one. they might want to worry about who will be their starting QB

16. bamagrad

Sept. 4: Youngstown State win
    Sept. 11: at Alabama ?
    Sept. 18: Kent State win
    Sept. 25: Temple win
    Oct. 2: at Iowa ?
    Oct. 9: Illinois win
    Oct. 16: OPEN
    Oct. 23: at Minnesota ?
    Oct. 30: Michigan ....win
    Nov. 6: Northwestern ...win
    Nov. 13: at Ohio State ?
    Nov. 20: at Indiana win
    Nov. 27: Michigan State...?

those are my predictions. the games i have ? around those i think are going to be tough games.

Vs Temple- one to watch and Temple who went to a Bowl last yr will be hoping to duplicate the success of last yr. I wouldn't say auto-win just yet.

At Iowa- Penn St. remembers the loss in 08 and I think that will still burn in their minds and the Lions will come out ready to play and I think Penn St. will come out with the W.

At Minnesota- new stadium, and the gophers will come ready to play, should be a slugfest.

Michigan- Michigan has not looked good under Coach Rod and even though they will put up a good fight, i feel the Lions will come out with the win.

Northwestern-New Qb for NW and coming into Paterno Land will be 2 much for NW. Lions win.

at Thug U. (ohio st.) Paterno will have his boys ready to play. Their new QB should be better by the time this game happens. this game could possibly go into OT.

Michigan St.- Always entertaining when State comes to play and should be a good game. I think coming into Paterno Land and The Crowd Noise will be 2 much for the Spartans.

those are the games i highlighted and should be fun to watch.

17. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Are you high? A loss to Minnesota is that easy to pick? I know I'm a Penn State student/fan, but come on brother. Minnesota is garbage! I don't care if the game is in Minnesota's new stadium...the Gophers are one of the worst teams in the LEAGUE this year. Iowa, Bama, and OSU...ok I see where you can say loss. I think Iowa could be a close game, we could win that one. Michigan....eh...maybe a ? I don't think RichRod has them ready and not in Happy Valley. Robinson better tie his shoes. Northwestern??? Please...that is a win for PSU. Michigan St is not a team to look past and could be a trap game, for the sake of it, I will agree with your question mark. 9-3 or 8-4 is where I see this team. They definitely won't be fighting for bowl eligibility come the Michigan St game

18. JFunk34

JFunk34 Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.

It's silly to say we won't miss Ingram and it silly to say that he is the WORST Heisman Winner of all time. The kid is an awesome football player and person and a great leader. Trent does have better physical traits than Ingram without question but Ingram's strength has always been his vision, ability to get yards after contact, and hold onto the football. Now if Richardson's improvement from his freshman year to his sophomore year is anything close to Ingram's then their will be a new name on the Heisman list before Ingram ever plays in a game. And as Papa said earlier this will give Eddie Lacy time to to shine as well and he has been described as a mixture of Mark and Trent and college football hasn't had the pleasure of seeing him run the ball yet but the Bama Nation is very excited about his potential. No offense to Penn State but I don't want to risk furthering the injury by playing Mark any earlier than needed especially when we don't need him until the SEC schedule starts. I suspect the earliest you will see Mark suit up for Bama this year will be Arkansas.

Also I don't see Trent returning kicks now that he will be the number one back. I think you may see Maze or Hanks back deep on kicks until Ingram returns.

19. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP) -- Coach Joe Paterno has tabbed freshman Robert Bolden as the starting quarterback for No. 19 Penn State.

Bolden beat out two sophomores, Kevin Newsome and Matt McGloin to start Saturday's opener against Youngstown State.

It would be the first time a true freshman opened the season as the starting quarterback for Penn State. It would also be the first start for a true freshman quarterback for Paterno since Wally Richardson in 1992.

Paterno said in a statement Wednesday that Bolden had a slight edge over the other two candidates, but that he was confident that all three quarterbacks were ready.

He said he hopes to give all three a chance to play until the coaching staff settles on one that gives the team the best chance to win.

Copyright 2010 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

This will mean more trouble for the big game against BAMA. i don't care how good he was in HS he is not ready for the TIDE and what Saban will do with that D