Draft and League Selection

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by The Parrothead, Apr 27, 2011.

1. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I'm sure something similar has been posted around here, but my searching can't find anything. Anyway, what I'm wondering about the draft and all is how someone like me fits. I've only been involved in one NCAA league here, and that one ended up going crazy with owner turnover and folks just disappearing with no reason. I'm not a big poster on some of the other general threads or in the chat box. I did post info about me in the "Meet the Members" thread, but I'm wondering if this is just going to be a popularity thing. In other words, if people don't know who you are, are you up a creek before the thing even starts? I'm hoping not, as I have enjoyed playing against the folks I've met on here. I am just not the kind of guy that randomly jumps into every other thread to make themselves visible.

Anyway, hoping that it's not just a "who knows who" kind of thing. I know part of that can't be avoided, but in looking at some folks that are wanting to be in leagues, a good bit know people across multiple leagues from being involved in a variety of leagues, whereas I stuck to just the one (through two versions of the game).

2. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

PM some commissioners! Im sure you'll go earlier than you think

3. Eyeke

Eyeke Swashbuckler

You'll go before I do. :)

4. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

That's very good advice. Some of the guys that I'm targeting for my league I got to know because they reached out to me via pm so that we could discuss what I'm looking for and if they'd be a fit. Also, having other vets of the site who you have experience with vouch for you can be helpful as well.

I think each commish is just looking to get guys who will be committed for the long haul, you would seem to fit that bill.

5. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Not everyone is going to have 8,000 posts.

6. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Not sure I want to get into the whole political thing of PM'ing every commish of a dynasty that fits my liking. Just because I tell them that I play all my games and am very active on the board doesn't mean as much as someone else vouching for it. I've seen people post about how active they are and how they get their games in, but personal experience with them in a league I was in tells me otherwise. As I mentioned in my post in the "meet the members" thread, I just want a fast-moving league that's willing to put up with my trash talk (guys who were in TF4 with me for any duration can vouch that I run the whole gamut from hating the game to calling it the greatest ever and proclaiming myself the king of the game). The guys who were in TF4 for the long haul can vouch for my play style (Max was in there--mentioning him since he posted in here) and my activity. I guess if I don't make the cut, I don't make the cut. If that happens, I'll just make do on the waitlist.

Just under 6,700 posts to go! :)

7. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Poor Parrot you seem so sad. Dont worry bud, Ill draft you!

8. Austin811

Austin811 Go Dbacks!

I was in TF4 and also can vouch for Parrot like max did, great guy and was really fun to play against...and also always made sure my ass stayed active.

9. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

sames

10. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

go back to VSN!

:)

• Like Like x 1
  11. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Why not just do some name dropping for references. Max, me, HotRod, Murk, York, etc we would all vouch for you I'm sure.

There's definitely a league here for you I'm sure. Dru's west coast league might be the ticket since you usually get on later at night (you do still play late nights right?)

12. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Can we trade you for some random VSN user?

Can you say upgrade?:)

• Like Like x 2
  13. KnightNoles

wow

14. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    As long as they know how to post sentences instead of .gifs...it is an upgrade.

• Like Like x 2
  15. KnightNoles

whatever, there are more gifs over there than all ours combined...

but you know what..

[​IMG]

16. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I'm just going to start pretending you are retarded...that way you don't irritate me...

"Noles can't help it, he is retarded".

• Like Like x 2
  17. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I've been doing that for a couple of years. Can you change his forum name to Corky?

• Like Like x 2
  18. KnightNoles

@Shaun Mason

are you done? I thought we had a truce and everything was good... oh I guess not

19. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

LOL

20. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Wha the hell are you talking about?

21. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Your going to get drafted regardless, unless everybody hates you for some reason.. who cares WHEN you get drafted

22. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

I was just afraid if I dropped your name I'd get booted from the site. ;)

I normally play later at night, but not as late as Dru is looking for. His thread would basically be midnight to 3 am for me. I'm almost always off before 1, so I didn't want to post interest there and be the guy that nobody could connect with.

Not concerned at all about the when, just the if. Don't think I've ticked off enough people here yet to have everyone hate me, but you never know. I guess part of my thought process was are there enough slots for people that want in, or are people going to be left out.

23. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I was able to beat you once that I remember, so you would be safe! :)

24. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

[​IMG]

Nothin worng with gifs.

Ill make a special thread just for you with some nudes or somethin a lil later. ;)