Draft Chatter/Content

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Keller, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

TMFL

Just thought I'd post a thread for chatter leading up to the draft. Hell, maybe we could hammer out what the hell the draft order actually is currently? I will post my picks and try to compile this list as best I can. If you post where you're picking, I'll update the first post - be sure to include where the pick came from if its not your own.

1) Rams
    4) Chicago via Washington
    10) Denver
    12) Buffalo via Houston
    14) Philadelphia via Carolina
    17) Buffalo via Green Bay
    19) Chiefs via NYG
    21) New England
    22) Seahawks
    25) Buffalo via Indianapolis
    26) Buffalo
    28) Rams via Bucs
    32) Philadelphia

Additionally, I wanted to write up a post just for my Bills to talk about draft plans and such. I dunno, I'm bored. Feel free to do the same

Buffalo Bills
    Previous Record 11-5
    Playoff Record 1-3
    Key Losses: WR Steve Johnson, Center Gradkowski, OT Jeff Linkeback, OG Shawn Lauvao
    Key Additions: none
    Draft needs: OG, OT, WR, HB, DT, DE, LB, S

The Bills offseason thus far has centered around subtracting depth. Buffalo's quality depth along the offensive line was completely raided, which isn't surprising given their talent. Each player that was traded away was a starting quality player that would not have seen time behind Buffalo's excellent offensive line. But now, they lack depth. This will be a key area of concern that Buffalo must address in the draft. They still have a couple quality reserves, but they will look to fill in the gaps with some guys to develop, for sure.

The biggest move was obviously the trade of WR Steve Johnson. Buffalo drafted a trio of WR's a few seasons ago and its clear the front office wants to give them time on the field. TJ Graham remains the lone question mark and depending on how the draft plays out he may find his roster spot get taken by a hungry rookie. Its clear though that Corey Washington is the new sheriff in town and Coach K wanted to get time for his younger guys in Sintamuel Webb and Cameron Cooper. Look for the Bills to select at least another WR, if not two in this draft.

Another storyline for the Bills is their aging defensive playmakers. Buffalo fields one of the most complete rosters in the league but you'll find that their draft needs are pretty significant due to the age of many of Buffalo's top playmakers, really on both sides of the ball. Buffalo's defensive line is getting up there. Mario Williams is 30, Mark Anderson and Kyle Williams are 32. Buffalo has very little depth behind these players and will look to build some in this draft. Aaron Curry and Jairus Byrd are also defensive stalwarts that are getting up there in age. Buffalo will be searching for developmental players at those positions as well, albeit at a lower priority.

Offensively, CJ Spiller is the main concern outside of WR and offensive line depth. Injured nearly all of last season Spiller has taken a step back skills wise, no doubt about it. At just 28 years old, you still wonder how much he really has left in the tank. Buffalo will be looking to see if they can find a gem somewhere to replace Spiller. In the meantime they have high hopes for Nate Kirk who burst onto the scene last year.

All that being said, you won't find a team better positioned for the draft than Buffalo. They have 4 first round selections and 2 second round selections. They may be movers come draft time. They've been known to take offers to move down - maybe this is the year they look to move up. Rumor has it they want to move into the top 10.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
  2. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Let me help you Keller

1-32 Keller :unsure:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Wish I had time to write more but:

Pick #19 from the Giants (in a trade for RT Eric Winston. IDK where I Peench got the pick originally).

Can't really do a proper write up, atm but can say the Chiefs were 10-6 last year, won AFC Divisional against the Colts, won AFC Championship against Jets before losing in Super Bowl to Eagles.

4. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Seahawks at 22

5. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

Bears number 4 pick. Also I might need someone to recover my account for the draft. My houses network got a new router today and for some reason my computer (and a result my xbox) aren't connecting to the internet. If anyone can help me out shoot me a text 630-709-3650. They are sending a tech out but who knows how long that is gonna take.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
  6. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

I was going to do this in a few hours. Was curious how much it changed between Friday and now.

7. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

So ............ much ..........

changeSP.jpg

8. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Eagles - 14 and 32;

The eagles draft needs are simply to get younger and keep adding depth; We recently traded for Kyle Love so we no longer have a need at DT and are looking for extra help in the secondary. The Eagles have feelers out to move both up and down. Looking forward to the draft.

9. Keller

Where was 14 acquired from?

10. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Carolina - I traded my draft last year because I couldn't attend;

11. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

not to start some shit , but Keller I would be interested to see how man guys have draft picks this season that they got last year from members who are no longer in the league. I would be salty to get in and find my draft picks were given up like a sloots loose panties :mad:

12. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Denver is at 10 and hopes to acquire a starter. Hopefully pro bowl caliber.

13. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

I pick 21st, it's my own pick.

New England Patriots

Previous Record 10-6 (I believe)
    Playoff Record- 7-1 in 3 seasons
    Key Losses- Tom Brady, Rashean Mathis, Ryan Mallett, Steven Ridley
    Key Additions- Tucker Marshall, Ahmad Bradshaw, Julius Peppers, Steve Smith, Ted Ginn Jr.
    Draft Needs- C, CB, K, P, OLB, LT

The Pats offseason started with Tom Brady retiring from the team. Wasn't a huge surprise, and management had yet to decided if they'd be resigning him to a new contract anyway since he wanted 1 year 20 something million. He may be the best QB on the planet, but the Patriots organization didn't want to shell out that type of money for the 38(39) year old. Regardless, QB was looked at to be the number 1 issue going into the offseason. A generous contract offer was made to Peyton Manning, but he ultimately decided to spurn the Patriots and sign with the Titans. A trade fell through for a QB the Patriots really wanted, and they settled with their 3rd option Tucker Marshall, who they received from the Giants in a trade in which they gave their 2nd round pick. It seemed expensive, but the Patriots don't really covet their draft picks, so they made the deal anyway. Marshall was a QB that was older when he came out, much like Brandon Weeden, but has the tools to be a star. He should come around quickly in the Patriots high octane offense. Of course, he will deal with growing pains, but that's expected.

The big move for the Patriots in the offseason was to sign Julius Peppers. Arguably the best defensive end in the league as cut by the Bears, and signed long term by the Patriots. DE was not a need for the Pats who have 4 of the better ends in the league, but decided to go after him anyway with all the cap room they had. The Pats also signed veteran receiver Steve Smith who will most likely retire at the end of the year. Regardless, he adds another speed demon on the outside and will be a real threat all season long. Always a positive to give a QB who will be a first time starter extra weapons.

Defensively, the Patriots are still looking for a guy to take Mathis' place on the outside at cornerback after striking out in free agency with their top two targets. Right now, Rasi Dowling is set to start and the Patriots are comfortable with that, but would prefer for that to be a last resort.

As far as the draft goes, the Patriots will be the 21st pick and no one really knows what they will do with it. They could go several different directions, including trading out of the 1st round all together.

14. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

in a PM of course Keller ;)

15. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Rams at 1 and 28.

Traded a few picks to Peench to move from 6-1

Picked up 28 from the Bucs in a trade.

16. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

• Like Like x 2
  17. Keller

The Bills only have the 25 & 26 picks in the 2nd round.

18. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Awww, the poor Bills.

19. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Again, we need an actual transactions thread. Please elaborate

20. SimFBallCritic

SimFBallCritic Walk On

Screwed this draft, but maybe not as much as I thought. I might actually make it for the 3rd round on, hoping by the 2nd but I doubt it. Good old EA servers didn't even use Vaseline on Sunday.

21. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Panthers are just waiting for the 5th round pick!

22. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Houston Texans:
    Key Losses- RG Jake Scott (retirement)
    Key Pick ups- WR Miles Austin (trade), WR Stevie Johnson (trade), RG Shawn Lauvao (trade), LOLB Brooks Reed (FA)
    Draft Picks: 3rd Round, 2 4th Rounds, 5th Round, 6th Round, 2 7th Rounds
    Strategy: Looking to fill some backup spots and this draft has some very suitable options.

23. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

Raiders @13 ....... CB, TE, FS, DT, WR, DE, K .... I'm reachin, two drafts in and this is the first one that I'll have all 7 picks so I'll be making them count.

24. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Are we using Mumble?

25. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

TMFL

whats the damn mumble password?