Draft Day: An Inside Look. Part 2.

Discussion in '1st and 10' started by Blackattack87, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Blackattack87

Blackattack87 First In Last Out

Its the quarter point in the season. NFL Network's Blackmon Jamison checks in on the rookies he followed up to the draf to see how their inaugural campaigns are going........

Clack....tssss......Clack......tssss......Clack......tsss. The grimace and look on Jarrick Anderson's face could strike fear in the meanest of men. The sweat is rolling down his face as he diligently is clanging the weights around while doing dead lifts. Jarrick has been eased into the defensive scheme in Detroit. The Lions are off to a good start so there is no real rush to throw him out there. In the 4 games so far Anderson has only 3 tackles but has been effective in pass coverage, which coach CxMax really is excited about. "It normally takes rookie LB's a long time to pick that up and he is coming along nicely.", said Max. Hopefully our next update we will be singing the praises of this talented young man.

"I'll take both of those mofo's right dare. Yeah those!", exclaims rookie wideout Trae Landry. Landry is at the mall here in Atlanta along with his crew and couldn't decide between two suits, so of course he bought them both. " Landry is trying to make a splash with his new look like his splash onto the NFL scene. The number two overall pick in the draft didn't disappoint in his debut catching 3 balls for 53 yards. He is currently averaging 18.8 yards per catch and has 340 and 3 TD's yards receiving in 4 games. "Man I'm having a good start but I shoulda have 3 more TD's but my QB overthrew me. He young tho, he learn." Apparently Landry is going to the Terrell Owens school of diva WR's as he slighlty, has just thrown his young QB under the bus. I asked a follow up question to that and Landry looked at me as if he had forgotten he asked a reporter to tag along with him for an interview. He smiles and closes his mouth. We move on.

It's like being at the mall and the boy band is about to make an appearance. The crowd is going nuts as Tennesse Titan QB Ishmael Gonzalez makes his way thru the massive Opryland Hotel. He is on his way to do an interview on the set of Nashville today and clearly by the slow progress he is making, is gonna be late. He is signing autographs and taking pics with fans abound. He is being hailed as "The Savior" as the Titan's have moved on from the Locker/Fitzpatrick debacle. Gonzalez has played good if not great as the Titans are struggling as this story goes to print. Ishmael has thrown 4 TD's and 9 picks but showed flashes and has impressed Coach Bruce. "The kid sees the field and goes thru his progressions like a 10 year vet. ", Bruce gleams as he is clearly impressed and a little bit surprised. "We knew he would have some early struggles but he makes good decisions overall. Ishmael Gonzalez has embraced everything Nashville. He was asked what is the best and worst part of life in the country music captial. "That's easy, the food and the music. I love the BBQ and I am getting into the music scene, just saw Miranda lambert at the Grand Ole Opry." The worst? Hmmm, No nice lakes close to here, to wet a line. Gonzalez smiles and laughs it off. This is where the impromptu interview ends as the crowd swallows him up as security whisks him into the building. Justin Bieber has got nothing on him. UPDATE>>>>. We are at the neuorlogical center in downtown Nashville and its very bad news for Ishmael Gonzalez. He suffered a broken vertabrae in the lumbar area of his spine in a week 3 game. He is expected to miss 8 weeks. A devestating blow to the rookie. The docs said he's lucky isnt wasn't higher up or he coulda been in a halo or even paralyzed. We wish him well in his recovery.

Renardo Dotson is liking how Jamal Charles is hitting the holes. Charles has just scored on an 80 yard run and the Chiefs have taken a 30-0 lead over the Bears. "Man I'm deadly with that juke move", says Dotson. The only place Dotson is watching Charles do this is on his 80 inch big screen on Madden15. Dotson was a highly touted rookie that slid on draft day to the Denver Broncos. In the first four games of the season Dotson has only 2 catches for 24 yards. Not even coming close to Landry numbers, which he said he would. Dotson spends most of his down time in his 10,000 sq foot mansion on Blackhawk CC located in a ritzy suburb of Boulder, Co. He has yet to start a game and it's driving him nuts. "I just wanna get out there to show everyone what I'm capable of doing.", says a clearly frustrated Dotson. Big talk coming from a rookie that is behind Demarius Thomas, Wes Welker and Emmanuel Sanders on the depth chart. He is gonna have to wait his turn.

Antwaun Bullock is already getting cold. The corner from Compton California is walking the streets of Pittsburgh looking to buy a ski jacket. "Yo, Im frezzing my ass off up in here.", exclaims Bullock. Its early November and the Pittsburgh temps have dipped in to the 40's. Not cold by Pennsylvania standards but enough to freeze this UCLA grad. He is in for a rude awakening come January. His play on the field has been good for the first four games recording 12 tackles and making a spectacular interception on a bomb in the corner of the endzone. He is excelling in man coverage and seems to be picking up the pro game quite well. Looking forward to his progression this season.

So one quarter of the season is in the books, the journey's of these young men have taken very different paths and we will check back later in the year to see if fortunes have changed for the better or worse.

Blackmon Jamison......NFL Network
    Road2Canton

• Awesome Content Awesome Content x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

My rookie OLB didn't get any props ? Bout to take it out on Mo tonight !

3. Blackattack87

Blackattack87 First In Last Out

Im following the 5 initial guys i started with. Next season 5 new owners guys will be showcased

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Plus your dude plays for Jacksonville Dan.

Also, great stuff Blackattack!

• Like Like x 2