Draft Discussion

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by PAgamer07, May 26, 2012.

1. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

I know I sent everyone some questionnaires with some of these questions, but I figured we would discuss this openly to come to some sort of agreement on some divergent opinions. One thing that was unanimous was the 3 conference setup. In addition, the majority of people like my idea of drafting based on win % with the worst player (no offense Zac!) drafting first.

In addition the majority felt that our choices should be PAC-12, SEC, ACC, B1G and Big XII. As most of you know, the conferences will not be predetermined, but instead as the draft proceeds our conferences will be chosen. For instance, If Zac selects the B1G, that will be 1 conference. If I select Big 12, that is a second, etc, etc.

We have two things do decide... first where Brian, Greg and Shane will be drafting. Do we place them at the end? Do we place them in the middle? Somewhere else?

The other is should there be a prestige limit for our selections?

So I just need everyone to answer :

1. Where would you like the 3 new guys to draft?

2. Should we have a prestige limit on team selection?

THanks!

2. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

1. At first I was thinking they should be at the end. Then I thought I would be cool with doing a random list generator with them as the numbers 10,11,12 and keep the people with the win percentage as is. So if the random generator had number 10 at the 3 spot in the order the person with number 10 would draft between Pa and myself. I'm fine with whatever decision on where they should pick.

2. I would love to have a prestige cap. I think the prestige cap adds more of a coaching and recruiting element to the league. Of course the same guys we be better coaches that are better with the sticks but maybe they aren't so great at recruiting to begin with. Those who may not be as good on the sticks but can recruit could be competing in the near future with the stick skill guys. Of course there might be some guys who are good at both and bad at both. I believe this would provide the league with parity and the feeling that any team could win on any given Saturday. I would like this rather than people picking teams they like and then others picking the top 10 teams and just beating up on other guys the first couple of seasons because everyone on there roster is 90+.

If people want no limit I will agree with that.

3. PAgamer07

Keep in mind. We are going with Heisman recruiting at the onset. In addition, the sliders will be challenging. If teams take losses as they figure out the game, chances are those 6* teams become at the very least 5 star teams. Im of the mind to let guys pick teams they will enjoy.

4. JohnnyClutch

Yes I agree with what you said Pa. I am fine with having people take which team they want and will enjoy. I think this will be what every one votes for. I was just providing something for people to ponder and provide some discussion about.

5. sonn

sonn Walk On

1. At the end dammit!!

2. I don't think there should be a prestige cap. Everything usually balances out in the end.

6. dnf913

dnf913 Walk On

I say just put them at the end, easiest way to do it, and there are plenty of good teams to go around especially if there are no prestige caps, which I would also be in favor of.

7. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

1. As a new guy i don't care where i would draft. I am just glad to be apart of this league. I am not good with the sticks yet as i have been a playstation guy my entire life. Its part of why i struggle in Madden but am finally getting comfortable with the controller and know which button is where without looking. I would draft anywhere at all and won't throw a fit about it.

2. As far as limiting teams cap is kinda a good idea simply because some of the big teams it doesn't take much to recruit with. Even on the hardest settings those teams can still recruit rather easily. Of course depending on how the new recruiting system works it may be harder or easier. Its not easy to tell without the game being in your hand to make a decision on that. I do know what team i want but it don't matter if i play with them or not and yes they are far from being a prest school lol

8. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

I don't want to be at the end lol but I won't have a problem if that's what you guy's choose to do. I wish we could all just give a list of teams that we like and go from there :eek:

I kind of have the same idea with conferences. I know this was decided on long ago but it's weird seeing 3 guy's choosing everyone else's fate with the teams they select. It seems guy's want the SEC and Pac 10.. At least from what I have seen. It would just be nice to know what team's I should be looking at but at this point, I have no idea because we won't know what conferences we will be using. As long as I'm not in the Pac-10, I'll be a happy camper though.

Pagamer07

Just throwing this out there.. I'm sure you've heard the rumors of FSU and Clemson possibly going to the Big-12.. If for some reason the Big-12 is picked, would it be too unrealistic if we moved Clemson and FSU there?? I know TEClemson53 and I would probably love it ;) I'm ok if you wouldn't like that also but that would also give it a championship game. I know you guy's used the Big-12 last year too but maybe this way, that would freshen it up a little.

Of course, I'm always in favor of a star cap. Hell, maybe ND and I can roll with Illinois and Minnesota (y) I'm also good if we don't, it's actually kind of fun winning some of the time and with my long layoff, i'm going to be really shitty at the beginning. BTW, I may be awol for the first week or two after release date but I'm hoping to get all settled in pretty quickly.

Just thinking out loud so keep your damn gif's to yourself sonn!

9. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

1. Put the dudes at the end :).
    2. I'm ok either way, but leaning towards no cap.

I'll also throw in the vote towards a rank your top 4 teams you'd like to play with and see if the selection/conferences can be chosen that way. But PA seems very adamant about the draft.

10. JohnnyClutch

It is pretty much given that at least two conferences will be the SEC and Pac-12.

So people can start looking at teams in those conferences.

Last edited: May 26, 2012
  11. PAgamer07

To my understanding the new dynamic pitches will change from season to season instead of remaining stagnant the entire cycle. Guys should definitely read more about it. Actually, it changes mid season as well. For instance if you lose a few games, your championship contender pitch goes way down. I really think it will give a challenge regardless of what school you start with.

The reason for my idea is to add a lot of excitement and drama to the draft. I'm really curious how it plays out. It's something new, and since this is our 3rd season, I thought we would try it. If it didn't work so hot... we'll come up with something else next year.

I dont think that will happen. If it does, then I will consider it. I don't like shuffling things though midseason, everyone knows that. There are a lot of ACC fans here, so it's really possible the ACC gets selected. The problem is that once we start, if they move to the Big 12, we'd have to move other members there too. Im hoping it doesn't happen though. But it's up for discussion.

Yeah, like I said Im going to make things as tough as possible from the onset. With the new dynamic pitch system, whole new gameplay in the passing game, not being able to read defenses as easily and all that jazz, I really think guys will struggle from the get go.

12. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

1. At the end.

2. I've been for picking teams as a group discussion all along. There is that one badass 4* team in every conference that would have a 5* like roster. I want a team I can enjoy. Hell I would be all for Clemson and FSU coming over and me being Texas :)

Really though I want a team I can enjoy. Not be in a rush to pick a team while I'm on the clock.

13. PAgamer07

The clock will be like 24 hours. Pretty sure even you can decide in 24 hours ;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

1. Where would you like the 3 new guys to draft?

Seniority should mean something..... I know its not there fault they haven't been here but put them at the end.

2. Should we have a prestige limit on team selection?

No limit

I don't want to be Clemson in NCAA 13'

15. briosu99

briosu99 6* Team Killer

1. I should draft first. ;) Seriously, it doesn't matter one bit to me. I'll find a suitable team no matter where I draft or what conference it is in.

2. No limit, people should get the school they want, which will keep interest level up long term. Everyone knows my first choice for a team but the way people are talking I doubt that will even be an option. I have a few other teams that interest me, some big schools, some with lesser prestige. The big thing for me is making the most people as happy as possible with their choice.

16. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

1. At the end

2. No Limits

GEAUX TIGERS;)

17. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

ROLL TIDE!

18. ZCar352

lol I am not picking LSU I am going to be in the SEC though

19. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

you totally should! or dnf do arky and i'll be bama! sec west battles!

20. AJ Hart MN

Both Bri and I have been here pretty much from the beginning.. Sometimes life get's in the way of our little gaming habit. I knew back in August that I would have to drop and I really tried to hang on as much as I could but I just needed to step away for awhile. Believe me, Pa knew the whole time that I would have to step away for a bit. There will be a time when most of the guy's here will need a break for one reason or another and it's my belief they shouldn't be punished for it. My reason was a split from my now ex and it was a huge transition for me.. I believe Bri moved across country and to expect anyone to stay up to date with a online NCAA league while doing that is ridiculous. Hell, I'm in the midst of buying a new place within 25 miles from where I live now and I know how much time and a pain in the ass it is... He shouldn't be punished for having to move lol

Don't be a puss, the Noles want a part of you.. In the Big-12 of course ;)

You the man Nachos.. We need to be in the same conference again.. I had such a blast playing with you, ryal and zcar back in '11.. It was easily the best time I had gaming ever. Those Duck, Cardinal, Trojan and Beaver games were epic! I'm all for the Big-12 if it's picked. If FSU is off limits, I would love a chance for Okie St, TCU or West Virginia (yes ryalaman, I'm trying to get you into the Big-12 just by your pure hatred of West Virginia :p).

Whatever we decide to do, I'm jacked and ready to roll. I'll find a team I enjoy one way or another. Don't let JC and ryal fool you though, they aren't taking Wazzu and Washington.. Well, maybe Washington as they'll be somewhat decent but ryal's man-crush on Mike Leach can't be that big, can it?

21. ZCar352

Id only be two teams in the west but there are also a few east teams that are interesting

22. AJ Hart MN

This will be my reaction if you take the Gators ZCar >>>>> [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  23. PAgamer07

Dont worry about what side teams are on. I can realign. Meaning if 4 guys pick sec west teams

24. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

So do I. <3 bromance

But really. That's why I want to just do a group discussion in who is in what conference. Our rivalry is easily the best in the league. Fuck ryal being with us though.

25. briosu99

briosu99 6* Team Killer

If no B1G, which it appears will definitely not happen, there is a particular SEC team (and one in the Pac 12 as well) that I have my eye on.