Draft Drama

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by HotRod, Nov 15, 2009.

1. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Draft Drama

Ok as most of us know, the draft didn't go totally as planned. Some guys didn't get who they had on their board in the 1st round (Seattle, Arizona). I understand it is frustrating as hell for those guys. Some are just rolling with it, I've had a couple guys demanding to get their guy. The problem that poses is that it will cause a domino effect for the whole draft. The other suggestion was to redo the draft here on the boards but at this point I am tired of doing drafts and stuff. And that will cause more of a delay to the start of the season. At this point I don't really know if there's any situation that's going to make everyone happy because a good number of guys showed up to the draft and that would end up being time totally wasted.

I guess I just want to hear people's input on how to move forward. I do know that next draft everything will be planned out well to allow us to do the draft on the boards.

2. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

i just think if you missed out on getting YOUR guy then you pretty much have to roll with wat you have i know zona and seattle were both in and out of the room seattle was there for his pick i thought then was gone but i could see where some would be frustrated but its not like the worse guy was takin in the draft and you still have in season trades for other vet players if you want so i think picks should stick unless both owners agree to a trade otherwise no sense in crying over spilt milk you have another draft and another year to develop players, as far as people not being online and not having their boards set to where they could get there pick or having it set but not getting there pick, same thing goes nothing should be held against the people who were there for all 7 rounds to draft the players needed or wanted

3. trutest

trutest Walk On

I think the only solution that makes sense is to redo the draft in the forums. Hotrod has done enough so we NEED someone with time on their hands to step up and take control of the draft. I would volunteer but I have the SMFL draft to do. SMFL is fortunate to be a step behind TMFL, if not we would have run into the same problems (EA)

Who can help out?

4. Fooath

Fooath Walk On

Agreed. Should leave it as it is. Anything else is going to screw things up for even more people who actually showed up, participated, and didn't have any trouble.

5. Betz

Betz Guest

correct i was in the room for my pick, however it very showed me it was my pick....then all of a sudden it shows that its the 6th pick of the draft??? idk what was up with that but its complete bullshit. i took over the seahawks when they were 3-11 i believe...knowing, and expect a high draft pick. and i got screwed out of it...its not my fault or hotrods for that matter...i even told hotrod i wanted leron james about 3 days before the actually draft...its even posted on the board...but i still get screwed out of the pick

6. RaveDown

RaveDown Get Worked

Yea, but how long would it take? A week? Then after we are done another day or two of releasing and signing them. Fuckin sucks monkey balls if you got screwed, but we gotta keep rolling. I was not able to be there because I had to work, so I set up my draft board and hoped for the best.

7. Betz

Betz Guest

i did a draft on the baords for another league and it took 48 hours tops..

8. Fooath

Fooath Walk On

Not only that but now everyone knows who everyone wants through all rounds! It'd be a joke...

It took more than 48 hours and we couldn't even get to the sixth pick. And it took longer than that to do the FA draft.

9. trutest

trutest Walk On

same thing happened to me in the 5th rnd I think. It showed (online franchise website) that it was my pick but when I went to draft a player the box was grayed out. All of a sudden the draft jumped to pick #23 and I missed out.

this is tough and I will say no more cause I don't want to aggravate anyone or myself anymore. I have enough of a headache with SMFL offseason

10. trutest

trutest Walk On

what's more important, time or getting it right?

11. Dj391

Dj391 Walk On

thats pretty fucked up about you being in then it skipping but people who were on xbl got all there picks in idk i saw u say u were drafting him though and thats pretty fucked id say in that situation you and whoever got leron would need to trade but that would fuck up everything, and then doing the draft all over by board that just would take forever and set everything back it makes no sense u just gotta roll with it, make a trade if possible, idk just the whole draft would be pointless to do and way too time consuming

12. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

I'm fairly new to this league. Nonetheless, there is no way that it makes sense to re-do an entire draft just because 2 or 3 ppl got screwed. Now the next time you get screwed out of the PLAYOFFS due to EA tiebreak rules, then you can cry...at the end of the day, it's an XBOX game; life goes on people! I think we're all ready to get the next season started. I, for one, would have absolutely no interest in re-doing a draft...you can count me out.

13. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I think we should redo the draft for sure, at least the first three rounds. Start it put a time limit on it and go on. Then when the first three are over sim the rest out.

I got hosed on my pick the C and MLB I ended up with were not on my board and I was there to make the picks and ended up with players I would have not even considered, and to me it freaking sucks and i am sure others feel the same way.

To me we do the draft on the forums for the first three rounds and sim the rest, better to get it right then move on because of a couple days tops.

Put a time limit on picks, if people arent here or dont send in a list the commish picks for them and we keep moving.

14. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    There's no way to restart the draft in the game and Bruce did you set up a draft board? last I checked before the draft you weren't even signed into the franchise.

15. Gospurs84

Gospurs84 Guest

I really think we should just start the season... There will be another draft next season.

16. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

No right answer and no wrong answer. We just need a decision.

17. HotRod

Featured Threads:
    I know this might not be popular to some but I'm leaning toward getting us ready to start the season. Doing draft is a lot of work and I'm not trying to go through this process again right now. Some people got the wrong end of the stick with their picks and while that does suck and I hate that it happened, it's not the end of the world.

18. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Just move on, its not that big of a deal, none of these players are insane anyways, all of the fast guys are going to get hurt because they have no injury. It takes way too much time to redo this, just move on and will get it right next year. Its just a game

19. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

It's not like the players are terrible. The T washington got is 84. Start the season and next yr we do the draft on the forums like the F/A or everyone giving the person who is put in charge of the draft a List and we go off everyones list..

20. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    It took us almost a week to do 3 rounds of free agent picks. Not to mention some teams didn't show up for that.

If you are one of the teams that missed out on the guy you want, I feel for you. I really do. We have learned a valuable lesson for next season. I realize that someone is going to get the shaft here, but we had quite a few serious problems.

1. People didn't show up.
    2. People didn't set a draft board.
    3. People didn't honor the trades they, or previous owners made. Think you got screwed? As the guy who traded a valuable player away and then didn't get the guy they wanted.

So, we have learned next year that will need to control the offseason better.

1. We need to implement hard timelines.
    2. Determine WHEN trades can be made.
    3. Run the draft on the board. If you don't show up and participate, you get best player available. That means taking picks 1-8, give them two hours to send a list. If you don't you miss out.
    4. We had some pretty lopsided trades. If you just take over a team and try to trade a star, you are NOT getting past me in the Trade Committee. Today we learned alot about who can be trusted to honor deals and just in general not be a douche. No more people trading Devin Hester and vanishing. That sucks.

So, sorry if you got screwed...it sucks. Move on, I would if it was my pick.
    Shaun

21. Herc

Herc Walk On

yeap I got hosed as well. I setup my draft board, 106 guys! And I only got 1 of the guys from that the rest are a bunch of retards I do not need nor want. for example it completely disregarded my draft board and picked me up 3 DT! wf do i need 3 DT and 2 of em where like 54 OVR.
    Anyway ill go with what majority wants, id like to redo the draft on forums and id be willing to set everything up but than hotrod would have to go and release 7x32 players and re-assign them to teanms which is wayyyyyy too much work.

22. trutest

trutest Walk On

there will be no redo... just think of all the good players that fell into the 2nd or 3rd rnd that would have never been there had the draft board worked.. why would those lucky teams that drafted them want a redo? We are victim of a feature that didn't work and we're forced to move on.

We are allowed to trade rookies though so maybe that will help some

23. Fooath

Fooath Walk On

I thought you were Cowboys? You only got 2 DTs. One being in the 7th round. It must have followed your board somewhat since it wasn't picking the highest overall. You sure the way your board was set up the earlier players weren't simply picked before yours?

24. Masler

Masler Moderator

i think that if you had the time to make you choices here on the forums then you had time to select them when the draft came. if you made a choice and didn't show then YOUR loss and YOUR fault, apparently you aren't committed enough. i think we should move on to getting the FA on the right teams and start the season. and then if something glitched on madden then yes you got screwed. Also if you did select a first rounder and someone chose them, then you should still get them BUT only if you showed up and were unable to select due to the glitch. if you chose and then didn't show up. tough break, deal with it. so i vote no on a redo, I didn't show up for 7 rounds, nearly 2 hours to sit here and do it all over again. that's completely pointless.

25. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    My top 100 players were gone by round 3.