Draft Grades

Discussion in '1st and 10' started by Kasper, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

So with the draft in the books I would like to see what everyone thinks of their new players! I would definitely have to say our best draft was done by coltron, with CTfromDC a close second.

Mine was alright..

[​IMG]
    Browns Season 1 Draft

Round 2, pick 31 - Tomaz Turner, MLB Wisconsin - 70 OVR
    Really thought I had found a gem here in Turner- he was set to go undrafted and we snagged him up here. At 70 overall he isn't bad at all, and will have time to groom before Dansby retires hopefully. We really wanted Shaydon Lynch here, but it is what it is. We got a nice MLB later in the draft too that I will address.

Round 3, pick 31 - Areem Diaz, LT Memphis - 66 OVR
    It's 66 or 68 overall, damn CFM site isn having technical issues I guess. Anyways, Diaz was another guy set to go undrafted that we thought we had found a gem with- he graded out to B's on Pbk, Rbk, and Str so we thought he could be suitable. He will be our #2 at LT, so I guess that isn't too bad for basically a 4th round pick.

Round 4, pick 13 - Hugh Avery, DE Baylor - 71 OVR
    We hadn't even scouted Avery, but as a 4-3 DE who was falling we thought we could get lucky and come up with a pass rusher, and we sure did! He has already converted to LOLB and will learn behind Paul Kruger. Avery needs work in ZCV, but will likely only see the field as a pure pass rusher (which he should be effective at).

Round 4, pick 31 - Torrea Beasley, TE Purdue - 77 OVR
    The best pick in our draft replaces our good buddy Jordan Cameron, who departed for shit hole Jacksonville. Beasley is a great target at 6'5 240, and to make things better the former Boilermaker has superstar development. We thought we had some guys good enough at TE to fill in for Cameron, but Beasley is a big upgrade over them and will start right out of the gate. In practice, run blocking will be his main focus so he can truly be a complete TE.

Round 4, pick 32 - Gifford Wolfe, K Cal - 66 OVR
    Gifford isn't a bad kicker, but we ended up cutting him because I am a homer. Alex Henery was a FA and I couldn't resist gnabbing the former Husker up. Someone will have a great young kicker with him (90 KPW, low 80's ACC).

Round 5, pick 31 - Danneil Floyd, RT - 58 OVR
    Don't remember where is alma mater is, but he didn't pan out and is currently looking for work. I doubt he gets picked up.

Round 5, pick 32 - Shanard Baxter, WR Michigan State - 68 OVR
    Baxter is another guy like Avery that fell and we took a flyer on. At 6'1, he is going to be tasked with being Miles Austin's replacement. We cut Miles on our way down to 53- it was a tough cut, but we think Baxter can handle being the #3. If not, we have a couple good options there in Andrew Hawkins and Travis Benjamin.

Round 6, pick 23 - Braylon Tarpley, DE - 67 OVR
    Again can't recall this ones alma mater, but he is going to be a nice little DE for us. He made the 53 man roster and will be a nice utility guy on the d line. I think he is something like 343 pounds so he is one big dude.

Round 6, pick 32 - Jermyrin Fitz, RB - 66 OVR
    I don't know if that overall is right, but he didn't make the 53 man roster. I'm a homer and took Rex Burkhead over him. Ben Tate and Darius Reynaud are eating up the other two spots. Fitz could be a nice young RB for someone though.

Round 7, pick 32 - Don't remember the name, MLB University of SOUTH DAKOTA - 70 OVR
    So we kind of hit the money on this one- Mr Irrelevant will likely be our #3 MLB (ahead of our 2nd round selection) AND he went to USD. I couldn't really do much better at round 7, pick 32 I don't think :)

Overall I really like my draft- we had some nice picks and gathered up a few for next year! We have some options to replace Karlos Dansby, and we addressed TE- that's what I wanted to do this draft. However, I did reach on some guys predicted to go undrafted; lesson learned there.

Grade: B+

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
    • Awesome Content Awesome Content x 2
  2. guayo10

guayo10 Walk On

[​IMG]

Round 1, Pick 1 LT Brayden Coley 79 OVR Texas A&M

The 49ers have found their heir for Joe Staley. The even better news is that Joe Staley is still around and dominant. With a huge hole at RG and Staley's minimal regression, Coley will take over at LT while Staley will be the new RG. Rumours have begun to surface that Staley is not happy. He is not happy they moved up to that #1 spot to take a LT and he's not happy he's moving positions. Will the 49ers move him? How much can they get. If he stays, this offensive line will be better than last year.

Round 2, Pick 12 WR Antavio Poole 74 OVR Tennessee

Was projected to go in the first fifteen picks, he fell to the 44th pick. The 49ers in need of some help at WR took the best one available at that point. He will get some action this 1st year, but the goal is to have him starting next season. Boldin's days in a 49ers uniform are numbered.

Round 3, Pick 32 CB Dayonne Rocke 68 OVR UCLA

The 49ers did pick up Tillman during free agency, however their CB spot might be the weak link in this defense. They took a gamble moving up to this spot, traded their 3rd next year for this pick, to take Rocke. Not bad for a rookie, however he'll start 6th in the 49ers Depth Chart, 2 spots below another fellow rookie CB.

Round 4, Pick 28 CB Dareyon Stewart 73 OVR Cincinnati

Talk about a semi steal eh, Dareyon is younger than Dayonne and better. He'll get some looks in some defensive schemes to start off the year. Free Agent signing Demetrius McCray will take a back seat for now, 49ers are hoping big things out of Stewart.

Round 5, Pick 12 LT Gideon Ajala 70 OVR

Another LT? What in the world is this front office doing. I'll tell you what they're doing, Ajala is another one of those linemen that can play all 5 positions, and play them well. Early reports from camp say that the 49ers will use a more Oregonian type of playbook, thus the numbers of plays should increase in this fast paced offense. Will be handy to have some linemen that can step in for a couple plays if guys get too winded.

Round 5, Pick 15 HB Jye Cosby 66 OVR

After the Hyde pick, it was hard to pass on another good Ohio St. running back. Jye Cosby will be the Darren Sproles of this offense as well as the main kick returner and punt returner. It will be interesting to see if he gets any touches at all, as he's behind Hyde, Gore, and Bush.

Round 6, Pick 22 SS Bo Sturdivant 62 OVR

On paper the worst pick of the day, however he has a 2 development trait so we expect to see him stick around for a while. The 49ers seem to be favoring starting Ward at SS, Bethea will see some action and Sturdivant will stick around in case any of the prior two get injured. Rumours have it that Bethea is selling his San Jose home.

Grade: A-

Didn't have to give up much to get that #1 pick, improved the RG spot by taking a helluva LT. Didn't have too many holes to fix, did well grabbing Poole and Cosby to help out immediately this upcoming season. Sturdivant is a long term type of prospect.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Blackattack87

Blackattack87 First In Last Out

Round 1, pick 30- Walter Hartman, TE Pitt - 79 OVR
    Beast of a TE, quick development and 84 speed. Played a preseason game and he could not be covered by the LB's., had 200 yards rec. I went to him a lot to see what he could do.

Round 2, pick 30 - Nikolas James, LE Wisconsin - 72 OVR
    Will backup Bennet but a good future player hopefully.

Round 4, pick 30 - Segwick Ponder, RG Clemson - 54 OVR
    Putrid overall for a guy that graded out well in the blocking categories. A behemoth at 6'5 344. head scratcher, I guess it could be cuz of the scheme.

Round 5, pick 30 - Gerald Diaz, RE Alabama - 82 OVR
    Clearly a gem here. Getting an 82 OVR player in the 5th round that will step right into the RE pos vacated by Avril is a save for my franchise. He has superstar dev as well. Couldn't be happier.

Round 6, pick 30 - Brock Gilmore, CB Delaware St - 66 OVR

Not much to get excited about here. Fills a need as a backup roster spot.

Round 7, pick 30 - Nahjee Cain, TE LSU - 64 OVR

Wont see the field with the new TE and Zach Miller

Overall with two players in the 70's and and 82 in 5th I would give my draft a solid B

4. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Shit with an 82 I'd vote A unless you think you missed on any "needs"

• Like Like x 1
  5. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

Round 1, Pick 31 - Keorris Daniels - WR - Ohio State - 76 Overall
    Despite being a 4th round projection, Daniels was the second rated receiver on the VIkes draft board and we jumped at the chance to get him fearing he wouldn't be there with us missing our 2nd and 3rd rounders. Daniels was a homerun in the eyes of the staff, with 87 catching, 88 catch in traffic, and 89 spectacular catch as well as a 6'6" 239 pound frame, Daniels with be a week 1 starter opposite Patterson and should be a big difference maker for us.

Round 1, Pick 32 - LG - Jordan Alli - Indiana St - 68 Overall
    The Vikes again gave the Browns their second and third rounders to move up here to get Alli, who was the top LG on our board, his overall was low, but his physical skills have the makings of a long time starter with 86 strength, 89 pass block, and 80 run block. Alli should start for a long time and is a massive upgrade from Charlie Johnson

Round 3, Pick 32 - MLB - Ify Ajala - Bethune Cookman - 70 Overall
    Ajala is an athletic freak at MLB, he possess elite(90) speed and (92) acceleration and hits like a truck(88 hit power). He also comes in with solid zone coverage skills(71). His areas of improvement will have to be his play recognition and block shedding though to truly unlock his full potential

Round 6, Pick 31 - RE - Andy Ayers - Houston - 68 Overall
    Another physical speciman, Ayers was a guy we did not scout but at 6'7" 324 pounds he is the perfect size for a 3-4 DE so we took a flier on him. He is a raw talent, but does possess great power moves(85) and can shed blocks well(80).

Round 7, Pick 31 - ROLB - Justice Harris - Rice - 69 Overall

Another pick based off of scheme fit, Harris will be the third sting ROLB and may see the field in certain packages while he develops his rush moves a bit more

Overall Grade: B

6. Blackattack87

If thats a B draft i need to up mine, lol

7. PhiGuy179

PhiGuy179 Walk On

Before we dive into what was considered a successful draft by the Bills we wanted to get Coach Keith Stones view on the draft.

Coach Stone: Personally I am happy with the picks we made, based on limited scout time I feel like we attacked the draft head on with some positives and negatives.

Round 2: Manny Acosta TE 77 Overall 22 years old

With The second round pick we had, we felt like taking the best possible player on the board was a place to go. Buffalo didn't have many glaring issues so the best athlete on the board they felt like Acosta was the pick. He will be able to line up with Gragg and really work the middle of the field in a two tight end set.

Round 3: Russell Parks 57 overall RG 23 years old

With what many consider to be a reach at this point in the draft the bills once again went for someone many had high on their boards. With drafting linemen you really never know who will be the next big thing. Coach Stone admitted himself we was disappointed with that he saw at camp the first couple weeks and made it very clear to Parks that he is not promised a spot on the roster if things do not shape up,

Round 3: Chandler Barnes 67 overall Mlb 24 years old

Another flier here as the bills took a mlb to halp the aging core. Stone view on it, Mr.Barnes is a great high motor talent the only issue that presents itself with someone such as this man is if he can put it all together or will he just be a bottom feeder.

Round 3: Bob Cofield 68 overall Rb 21 years old

Cofield came from a great college in Va Tech. He is use to the high level of competition. He will have every chance to pass Lamichael James as well as CJ2K in the ongoing season . Stone: We really really needed a guy that could keep up with horses in our sets. I see Bobby boy as someone who could really open eyes when he takes the field.

Round 3: Kentrell Ray 78 overall FS 21 years old

The real sleeper of the bills draft class comes in a position of need . They felt like Duke Williams was able to take the starting job, however with camp letting out it seems as if Ray has over taken the starting spot. Stone: He balls and that's something we needed since Bryd left us.

Round 5: Jarvaris Clarke 63 overall WR 22 years old

There are some positions where being designated a starter is significant in that it genuinely dictates playing time. Other positions, not so much. Receiver is one of those not-so-much positions, what with the way the game is played at the NFL level. Whether Clarke is a starting wide receiver for the Bills in 2015 is irrelevant. Clark has a chance to become one of Ejs favorite targets if all goes well. This is why Clarke was drafted, to help them in that area of the field by providing EJ with an option unique to the others at his disposal.

Round 5: Montrey Greer 64 overall CB 20 years old

The Bills entered this draft without a need at cornerback that appeared to be similar to their need along the defensive line, that being a combination of more top-end talent as well as adding overall numbers. All of those guys have more NFL experience than Greer, even if it’s just a training camp’s worth. His speed should help him earn some playing time along the season as the bills hope for a high end CB.

Round 6: Marcell Daniels 64 overall ROLB 20 years old

Special teams. If Daniels wants a spot on the team’s 53-man roster to open this season, he had best become one of Danny Smith’s core special teams contributors right away. That leaves special teams, and there is a definite need there.

Round 7: Ilyaas Kerr 63 overall WR 23 years old

Sort of the offensive version of Goodwin in one respect, Kerr was picked to be an offensive playmaker. Run it, catch it, return it. Doesn’t really matter, especially if you’re lining up for an extra point on the ensuing snap. With receiver being defined as a player who can run routes and catch passes, as opposed to someone who serves primarily as a check-down option. The Bills are smart enough not to expect a 187-pound person to serve constantly as Ejs go to guy however with a little luck we could see someone on the rise. His rookie season will be measured on touches and what he does with them, as opposed to starts.

Draft Grade B(talent wise) A(Based on play style wise.)

8. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

Y'all are too harsh with your grades, you got a future superstar at RE, that is an A lol, same with Buffalo, two high 70's players is an A talent wise lol

9. coltronsauce

coltronsauce Walk On

Green Bay Draft Analysis
    Round 1 Pick 18. Dysean Hale - SS 79 OVR - I really kind of picked this guy up without scouting him or anything. I knew he had a story earlier in the season and I'm glad I got him. With superstar development, great speed and height, and good attributes overall, I think I lucked out and found a superstar. Only downfall being is I already have a really good SS, so Hale might not start this season, but he will get a lot of reps.

Round 1 Pick 24. Brad Sapp - WR 80 OVR - This was the first player I scouted and I'm glad I got him. My main need was WR. Sapp has 86 catching, 90 speed, 92 release, 94 acc, and he is 6'4. He has some weak areas like route running and awareness, but he also has quick development so he will be a great number 2 wide receiver and take the reigns when Jordy Nelson regresses.

Round 2 Pick 19. Princeton Rock - MLB 70 OVR - Rock was my favorite player on my board so I was really excited he fell to me, but disappointed in his OVR. I was hoping Rock could be my starter next season as my two starting MLBs are on the last year of their contract. He's got good abilities though. 88 hit power, 85 pursuit, 88 acc, 94 consistency, and 86 tackle. Hopefully I can level him up and he will start in the next couple seasons along with my other rookie MLB.

Round 2 Pick 24. Dominique Dawson - LE 76 OVR - My highest defensive lineman on my draft board and he did not disappoint. He has 93 power moves, 80 block shedding, and 85 tackle. With decent speed. With upgrades to a few more attributes this man will be a monster at 6'7".

Round 3 Pick 24. Dior Burns - LOLB turned ROLB 73 OVR - This pick I was not positive about, but I like him. Big downfall is his slow development. If it was only normal, Burns would be a future star. 92 acc, 87 speed, mid 70s power and finesse moves. He might never start but he will be a good back up when the starters need a breather.

Round 4 Pick 24. Lee Ogbonna - DT 70 OVR - My second DT on my draft board, had to take him. Only 20 years old, he has a lot of time to be molded into a great linemen. 81 block shedding, 80 power moves, 80 pursuit, 84 hit power. He will get a lot of playing time as a number 2 on the depth chart.

Round 5. Pick 24. Caleb Orr - MLB 70 OVR - Predicted to go undrafted, I thought I would be able to get this guy in the later rounds. But as I saw other undrafted players I had hoped to grab go earlier I had to snag him. He has 89 tackle, 88 hit power, but low play recog, and low zone. With some molding, he could maybe start in a few seasons but my two rookie MLB's won't be starting anytime soon.

Round 6 Pick 24. Quinterrius Harrison - WR 66 OVR - I had more people I really wanted at this point, but I still needed more receivers. So I went with the best name available. With 83 catching, 95 speed, 94 acc, 93 agility, and 86 jumping, Quinterrius will be 3rd or 4th on the depth chart barring any new wideouts joining the squad.

Round 7 Pick 24. Monte Garner - WR 46 OVR - I remember seeing a story about this guy way early on in the season. He had decided to enter the draft as a wide receiver instead of a defensive back. It looks like he made the wrong choice. But I guess he made a team anyway. He doesn't really excel anywhere but he does have superstar development which is really confusing. Maybe I can eventually get his attributes up over 70 eventually.

Overall I had a decent draft. I got who I wanted with my first 5 picks.

Draft Grade: A+

10. PhiGuy179

PhiGuy179 Walk On

Acousta is weak

11. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

How the fuck is this draft a B? A+ draft by miles man

12. coltronsauce

coltronsauce Walk On

RyanC lol i changed it to A right after reading others. didnt get to it fast enough before you could read it

13. coltronsauce

coltronsauce Walk On

14. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

lol I was bitching about how good it was in the party with Kasper and broth262 all night because you were already tough as hell to beat

• Like Like x 3
  15. coltronsauce

coltronsauce Walk On

should be a good 2 games again this season ;) with our rookie wide receivers going up against each other

16. Blackattack87

Ya i guess i should make mine an A-

17. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

coltronsauce I wonder if you switched him back to CB if he would be sick.

18. coltronsauce

coltronsauce Walk On

haha i tried to see if i could. But it would only let me switch him between offensive positions. He doesnt have good skills anywhere though i think i saw he had high 60s zone. hes a huge work in progress

19. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    1st ROUND- WR DaShaun Bishop, 6'5", 233 lbs
    (77 ovr, 86 cth, 88 cit, 88 spc, 67 rte, 89 rls, 88 spd)
    ---With the little scouting we had, we really had our eyes on Bishop, a big bodied WR who can be a big time red zone target, but also someone who we can lineup alongside Torrey Smith for the future (not to mention Steve Smith is old and Jacoby Jones saw a speed decrease). Bishop graded out well with great measurables. He doesn't run tight routes but that experience will come in time as he gets more reps. He's a huge target and tough to press off the line.
    DEPTH CHART POS- 4th WR

2nd ROUND- LE Chaz Ellison, 6'3", 309 lbs
    (75 ovr, 78 pmv, 78 fmv, 74 bsd, 78 pur, 83 spd, 88 str)
    ---We really wanted to target a corner but we didn't feel the ones on the board that we scouted warranted a 2nd round grade. We took a flier on Ellison just based upon needing someone at DE. Ellison came out like a freak with 83 speed for a man of 309 lbs. And 88 strength was huge for us. He figures to be a pass rushing type DE and a major type talent we can mold in due time.
    DEPTH CHART POS- 2nd DE

3rd ROUND- Woodson Rodgers, 6'0", 190 lbs
    (67 ovr, 80 mcv, 77 zcv, 86 spd)
    ---We needed a corner and took Rodgers. Well he came out lower than we expected and will start as a dime and quarters CB.
    DEPTH CHART- 5th CB

4th ROUND- Dexter Redmond, 6'4", 330 lbs
    (70 ovr, 90 rbk, 75 pbk, 91 str, 86 ibl)
    ---Redmond we liked based upon his run blocking abilities and we'd like to get him as a 3rd TE on run heavy sets. He's not quite ready to start yet but soon his time will come.
    DEPTH CHART- Backup T, G

4th ROUND- DaVonte Bradley, 6'1", 243 lbs
    (68 ovr, 90 spd, 75 tak, 99 acc, 88 agi, 83 pur, 71 zcv)
    ---We were quite loaded at the LB spots but considering that we have Terrell Suggs on the wrong side of 30, we need to plan accordingly. Bradley really isn't much of a pass rusher at this point but he's a coverage LB. He has amazing speed and pursuit skills that we would love to implement in our nickel and dime packages just to get this athlete on the field.
    DEPTH CHART- 3rd LB

Draft Grade- B

The lack of picks (somehow don't remember the Ravens having no 5th, 6th or 7th rounders BUT we did well. Getting Bishop at the WR spot fills a need for a big bruising WR for the outside. Steve Smith is getting old out there so we will slowly try to implement Bishop outside. We hit on Ellison as a freak and feel he can be a surprising pass rushing expert from the 3-4 end position. Bradley in the 4th round is good value and a guy we can work in slowly as we try to get faster on defense. Redmond is a future starter if we can get his pass blocking up to par but right now he's a 6th linemen type. The reason why I gave it a B was because we wanted a nickel type CB but Rodgers hasn't impressed in camp at all and out of this class, there really was no stud or players we feel can be elite in time (maybe Ellison). The lack of picks to fill needs at the backup safety spots, and addressing the nickel back brings down the grade here. There's some promise though.

• Like Like x 1
  20. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

Eagles

1st Round : Moses Agurs RG 74 ovr

Very much the biggest need in Philly, Agurs at Guard was the obvious choice. Plenty potential and likely starter off the bat, was a no brainer. 87 run block and 87 impact blocking gives promise

2nd Round : Dalton Grove LOLB 69 ovr

Grove has decent power and jumping stats and will be developed into a possible starter two years down the track. We seen enough to go for Grove ahead of a backup qb in this round

3rd Round : Quenton Hall QB 65 ovr

Was the next hole requiring attention to backup Mr Foles. With 89 throw power, 79 short throw and 80 on the run a good bit of promise for Hall in the future no doubt.

4th Round : Van Warren RE 68

Good pursuit and strength seen in Warren not bad in the 4th to see him cover Cox this season if need be and beyond

5th Round : Josh Floyd DT 68 ovr

For a 5th a potential sleeper here with 82 power move and 83 hit power, the hope is Floyd will grow to challenge Logan as our number two DT and increase standards up top

6th Round : De'anthony Bullock K 62 ovr

Had no kicker and Bullock takes a spot with decent kicking stats of 86 power and 84 accuracy

7th Round : David Lamb P 62

Lamb will be our Punting chief this year again a necessary choice with near identical kicking stats as Bullock

Overall

Decent draft, got our RG a decent qb backup and development potential throughout. With more scouting I could have stolen a few but due to timing I joined this was largely a blind draft.

Grade

B-

21. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

You did very well for basically being blind like you said.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Jeffrey Hartle

Jeffrey Hartle Walk On

I kind of want to do this analysis. Hope its not too late. I actually ended up with two 79s and like 3 others over 70. They have helped my defense tremendously set up for when Derrick Johnson, Tamba Hali, and Devito inevitably move on. Only weak spot is Free Safety.

More to come later.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Looking forward to it.