Information Draft Guide

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Shaun Mason, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    So, there is a group out there putting together a draft guide.

I'm asking this nicely: Please do not ruin the fun of the people who don't want to cheat. I'm not looking at it, but I'll be able to tell when we get to rookie signings if you cherry picked the draft.

I will not like that.

Thank you,
    Shaun

Keller
    SimFBallCritic
    LSUTRUTH
    Philstyle3005

PAgamer07
    Timpegoose
    bawvu97
    Shaun Mason

AzureEffect
    Gyrene76
    ZCar352
    Gravity

Danthraxxx
    Big Suge Knight
    Cheez
    Baron

sawemoff
    MoonBBad
    I Peench
    MartyWebb

HovaTheGodMC
    Dru50
    Masler
    Kasper

Bondzai
    capp34
    antcap24
    fuzzyl0gic

TEClemson53
    Matrix Monkey
    JFace907
    JohnnyClutch

• Like Like x 5
  2. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

aye aye, el capitan

3. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Read you loud and clear

4. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

I haven't looked at the guide, but If I take a guy in the 1st who is projected say in the 3rd and they look like a good player after scouting is that still alright?

5. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

6. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Sure.

If you take 7 superstars I will crush your soul.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Shaun Mason that sucks. I knew there were rumors of one on OS, but I didn't think it was possible to make them this year.

Edit: Deleted the last part, didnt make sense imo

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  8. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

That is bullShat

9. I Peench

Also, in response to this:

[​IMG]

But acknowledged Shaun. I will not look at the guide. Was this why Keller was saying the scouting package was unimportant?

• Like Like x 3
  10. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    Understood dear leader. I thought that each draft was never the same in ccm though?

11. I Peench

Shaun Mason also like to add I'll volunteer my time to help you police this if you'd like. I know you deal with enough TMFL crap as is

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  12. Masler

Masler Moderator

Understood, I scout normally

13. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

I thought the same thing. Like over 900+ classes

14. Gyrene76

This sucks. How can we prevent someone from looking and just say, take one guy? A guy that someone else may have drafted normally?

I wish we could go all North Korea and just put a internet lock on all TMFL users.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Well this sucks.

16. Gyrene76

17. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

Maybe we could do something like before drafting someone post what attributes of theirs we have unlocked and specific ratings? To prove we scouted them.

18. Gyrene76

I was thinking that, but what would stop someone from just looking at the guide and scouting that person and saying it was "coincidence". I mean, what nerd spends that much time to make a crappy draft guide, that essentially ruins CCM's everywhere.

I'm not saying anyone in TMFL will do that, but human nature can take over with just a couple people and they may look, and it ruins it for someone who legitimately found that guy. I have already found two great players that are "steals" (not sure what qualifies them as a superstar though) but now I don't know what to do with them.

smh

19. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

This is all news to me. I'll be staying away from any possible 'guide,' I couldn't look at my own team without feeling guilty if I even did it.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

IMO its easy enough to identify guys that can play or are good without cheating. Its NOT easy to know whether or not they have good development traits, but if a guy comes in as a 78 or 79 you're going to play him regardless of what his development is. Moreover, there is ONE scouting package. That means you're getting whatever the discount is on ONE package that ends up being what 10-20k worth of savings in XP or something along those lines? If you're a motivator or strategist, there are many, many more packages that you're paying a discount rate for. I haven't done the math but I think over the long run having additional perks (say spending 3 or 4 k here or there) is more beneficial than spending all of season 1 and/or part of season 2 saving xp for that scouting perk. Again, scouting can be done efficiently without that perk. Especially if you understand player types, what types of attributes you're interested in and given a player type how easy/cheap it is for said player type to progress certain attributes. Make sense?

I honestly believed those draft guides were total shit anyways because of the dynamic storylines. For example I know based on my findings that an awesome WR named Prendergast in a different draft class can either be a Superstar or have Slow development. Being that I simmed everything I have no idea how to tell which, or if thats even possible. Point being, I just assumed that since this is the case it would be the case for other players as well and not just the storyline players. In the Superstar instance other players could have one development trait or another as well, know what I mean?

In short, I'm going to take players I want regardless of what their projected round is. If I know a guy is going to be an 80ovr or whatever what difference does it make where I take him? If people see that and want to call me a cheater there's nothing I can do about it. I'm not going to purposely take bad players if other people haven't identified the same players as studs as I have. Everyone is going to swing and hit home runs just like everyone is going to swing and miss - thats the beauty behind the dynamic storylines.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  21. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Seems like they would make it random smh

22. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

noted

23. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

yeah what happened to that shit they were selling us at EA ? :mad:

24. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    They didn't mis-represent anything. There are 30 draft class "storylines". The storylines are dynamic and the other players are filler.

The issue is that people could basically grab all the "gems" from the storyline guys. They are limited and I'll know if you do that.

25. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Oh I see, I was thinking it was like every player with every rating ..... still lame but I guess it could be worse. With my high pics I am not looking for hidden gems lol , we need starters day 1 in Denver :(