draft - needs to be decided asap

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Nov 18, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

what are we going to do here guys? monday is out of the question. either saturday night sunday night or just sunday night. a one night draft is at least 4 hours.

2. natedawg212000

if you guys want to try a forum draft we can. they dont work but lets try. i say as of now do forum draft, then draft on sunday one night draft. i still think the 2 day draft is the best, but there are some guys who can't be there.

3. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

I think the forum start can't hurt even if it was one round. It also allows cap guys time to make sure everything is perfect with less pressure. If not all in one day Sunday seems to be the only option. I can not do anything Saturday till around 9 pm est myself, as far as a live draft goes.

4. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

I'm wide open and fine with whatever is decided. No way every single owner will make it, I'm sure, but stretched out is the best option. Your suggestion is good

5. natedawg212000

we need the board here, thats the most important, everyone else is up to them to be here. we do the work. forum draft can start when win is ready, but it wont work. 15 picks maybe, not a whole round dunn. wont happen.

6. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

What about this - we give everyone a specific time(s) to make their pick and published times for the entire draft. Set the picks five minutes apart and we can get through each round in an hour and a half. Five rounds takes 7 1/2 hours and we're done. If guys are unavailable at their given time, they can send in a list, let the board pick for them or get skipped. May not work - but it's a thought...

7. BadaBing319

Would look something like this:

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4
    Pick # Team Scheduled Time Selection
    1 Arizona 12:00 PM PST
    2 Tennessee 12:05 PM PST
    3 Baltimore 12:10 PM PST
    4 ... 12:15 PM PST

Etc, etc...

8. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Best bet is to do a live draft of at least the first 4 rounds on Sunday. It's gonna be long, but I think all board members can be there on Sunday.

Fifth round can be done via AIM only. Just have board members taking pick by pick on Sunday night late or Monday for 5th round.

Also, are board members gonna do Skype for voice chat? And do we need to set up blast chats for draft?

9. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I would think Sunday would be best bet. Fro what I remember we have done it on Sundays from the beginning but with that being said,I dont see whay we cant make a draft thread on the forums and if pick #1 is ready let him pick and so forth and so on. No deadline to pick. We may be able to make it through the entire first round by Sunday evening making the 4 hour draft 3 hours.

On another note, this is the first time I mention this but I will not be able to make a Sunday draft. My wife & I have been planning a trip to New Orleans including the Sunday afternoon Saints game. We are staying overnight. My apologies as I am letting you guys down during a time I pledged to be here for the league as co-commish but it is out of my control. With me being gone almost every other weekend from home due to work, I have to make this priority.

With that being said Sunday evening is best bet with us opening forum draft as soon as we are ready.

10. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Start the draft in the forums and get some picks in, anything we get done soon will help us Sunday night.

11. BadaBing319

This is a good call - get things rolling as soon as every team is down to 48. Pick a time on Sunday to complete the draft via AIM. The more picks we get done in the forums, the fewer we have to make on Sunday.

12. Miklos_Nyiszli

Miklos_Nyiszli Walk On

i agree we need to get started now for less time on sunday..

13. BadaBing319

OK, we need to get this announced ASAP. I have answered three different people in the chat today saying we are working on this.

I propose we start the forum draft now and get as far as we can. Pick a time on Sunday and where ever we are at that point, we just finish from there. Let's all chime in and get something out to the league.

14. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

In the end we should wait for nate on this one. He does not like the forum draft but would not stop it. If that is the route then we start a forum draft tonight when cuts and the 48 are in and then we pick up what is left on Sunday at 5pm est. Or we do all in one day Sunday @5 those look to be the 2 options.

15. BadaBing319

I agree 100%. Whatever we decide, we need to get it out to the league ASAP so they can plan for it. ANNNDDD stop asking me about it!!

16. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

The other problem is if we start a forum draft sooner than later or at all is that we have to go through and approve all those trades. We do not want people manually cutting and trying to add players involved in a trade as this will mess up the 48 number we need for a sim draft and advance on madden itself. That being said I think some people have gone and dropped a couple players that were in deals which is why I asked not to have trades official or posted in capbook threads until after the draft.

17. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I dont see what a forum draft hurts to get us started, I am sure Nate would agree with that. Whatever we get done is a bonus even if its onluy half a round.

18. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

Agreed Bruce if we have no big expectations from the forum start then whatever comes of it is gravy and peaks league interest right now.

19. BadaBing319

Once we are down to 48, just make an announcement in the blast chat and on the forums that nobody makes any moves in the franchise. Let the draft go on in the forums but players are not moved to and from teams until we say so.

20. natedawg212000

someone go ahead and start a forum draft and the draft will be on sunday starting at 6 pm central? hows that sound?

21. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

it started!!