Draft Needs

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by fuzzyl0gic, Jan 2, 2012.

1. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I thought it would be interesting to spark up a conversation about the upcoming draft, especially for those already out of the playoff picture. For the Panthers, I'm thinking dline is where I need the most help. I will also look for olinemen as Gross and Wharton are getting up their in age. Maybe another WR or a decent CB, it depends on what's available. What are your needs?

2. Brandon S.

Brandon S. Freshmen Phenoms Commissioner

Redskins Needs

WR - simply dont have enough weapons on offense, no receivers that can get open consistently. Most likely a 1st round
    O-Line - Addressed a little bit in the draft but need one more major piece to solidify, most likely my 2nd rd pick will be this.
    D-Line - I'm happy with the way my defense has performed this year but my line has to be the weakest link of the defense, they've been playing great for their overalls but i just dont see that lasting in the playoffs, the running game will probably hurt me.

Other than that, i would just add depth to my offense and maybe a few defensive players, depending on contracts i might replace a vet with a rookie if they want big money.

3. fuzzyl0gic

A little off-topic, but gotta say, your the team I fear the MOST in the NFC in the playoffs. Haha.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Oakland
    As of now, Oakland has 2 1st round picks, while retaining their picks in rounds 2-7.

QB: Campbell just isn't working for me. With the Raiders exceeding expectations despite his poor play, it may be difficul to snag a one worth getting in the draft, though. Pryor will progress, but I prefer more of a pocket passer. May trade up to get one, or will settle for finding a saavy veteran

WR: Lots of speed, but I'd like to find a tall, possession type of a guy.

C: Shaun O'Hara is aging, will look to find a replacement for him at some point this offseason

NT: Richard Seymour isn't getting any younger. This will be the top priority for the Raiders, as they need to find a future anchor for this defense.

LB: Quentin Groves is weak at OLB, and I desperately need a MLB to couple with McClain.

CB: Routt is the only one worth a shit

5. Brandon S.

Ha why is that?! The Giants are better, you cant stop JPP and his defense is great.

6. fuzzyl0gic

In our past user games (NCAA + Madden) you've had my number.

7. Brandon S.

I've had some lucky games go my way, usually when we play my defenders make crazy INT catches and my O-Line plays amazing, along with lucky user WR Catches.

8. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Everrrrryyyyything.

• Like Like x 1
  9. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

Without a 1st Round pick..

Ill be looking for BPA in the following positions in the 2nd Round. OL, DT, OLB, S.

10. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

SECONDARY, and Oline.

11. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

My offence sucks though. My oline is garbage. they could not block a 90 year old lady in a walker. Besides should be smooth sailing for you i am more than likely out of here.

12. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Because you didn't get to play your game? Your opponent pretty much offered to play anytime. If you can't play anytime during a three day window, your game is going to get simmed or your opponent is going to get to play the CPU. Sorry, that's just how it works out sometimes.

13. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

As for the upcoming draft the Broncos Board looks like this

2 1st Round Picks, with one being a top 5 pick

3 2nd Round Picks with one being a top 5 pick in the second round

1 3rd Round Pick

1 4th Round Pick

1 6th Round Pick

1 7th Round Pick

Broncos will be in the market for:

With the top 5 pick we will either be looking to find a top notch CB or WR, big time play maker to try and create a big difference maker.

Team needs overall:

Big time WR
    Shut down CB
    Big NT
    O-line

But these are all up to change as only winning one game so far, I have a massive amount of needs, which includes talent by the control operator because this year I'm just not very good at madden and gotta change that if I ever want a chance to go to the playoffs.

But will definitely be in the market to possibly move some of the picks to acquire some for next year as I did with the 3rd with Jacksonville last year landing a 1st for this year. Try and play the Bill Belichick philosophy especially if there's not someone I want and can move the pick and get a better pick and possible player. Gotta look long term, cause a one year turn around isn't gonna happen with this Broncos team, were really young and a lot of the old guys are gone so it's a new look Broncos.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  14. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

yeah thats right. I worked my ass off to have the record that I have and your right he did offer to play anytime. The thing is that 3 day window is in the middle of the hollidays and I still have to work. Not everybody has a 3 day weekend. I am not on the east coast. I asked for the advance to at least be pushed back a little later so we could play tonight.

15. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Sometimes things aren't going to go your way. The decision Keller made effects ALL the owners of the league, not just you. I've had games simmed because I was unavailable. It is inevitable because of the way this site operates. If that is going to "ruin" your experience, I'm sincerely sorry.

16. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

What Shaun said.

The beauty of the NFL is 1 loss doesn't always hurt you in the grand scheme of things. Try playing in a NCAA league where 1 win knocks you out of the championship picture a lot of times - yet somehow those guys make it work.

17. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

Gonna have to agree with hoppedupford on this one...hated to see the Game of the Week be a CPU matchup, especially a game with so much playoff implications. I would've stayed up late with him tonight to get the game in had management allowed us to do so. That said, I do also understand that if we allow it for this game, then it becomes hard to say 'No' to others who ask for a similar request moving forward...I'm sure it also stung a little more considering the fact that Ahmad Bradshaw ended up on the injury report for the next 4 weeks! My bad hoppedupford - good luck the rest of the way, and I expect to see you again in the playoffs.

18. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

1 loss can hurt you in this confrence. This is the hardest part of the Giants schedual. A team with a 11-5 record may not make the playoffs in the nfc.

19. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

I would have just liked to have seen the outcome if we would have played. Our game last season was very fun and close game. The game we started was looking to be the same. Not playing the game and getting the loss (not saying that I would have beat you) has taken the luster out of the season. My 9 game winning streak is also gone now. I play to win or lose. Good luck in the playoffs,

20. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    That's exactly the point though... occasional adjustments turn into habitual adjustments turn into a dead league. I've seen it.

21. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I'm curious, what was your work schedule this weekend, if I may ask.

22. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

No problem. I worked late Friday to around 9 00 pm pst. Saturday Worked tell 5 pm and after that had to go with my wife for the holliday. Was off on Sunday but step son moved in so had to move his stuff. Worked today until 6 00 pst. Tried squeezing the game in on sunday but we lost connection after 1 1/2 quartes and the score 0-0 and I did not have enough time to restart another game.

23. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    That's pretty abnormal I'm sure. Sorry man.

24. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

Its the hollidays. That should be taken in consideration.

25. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    That's probably true. It's almost humorous to me because we sim Keller all the time.