Archived Draft Pick Reviews

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Masler, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Masler

Masler Moderator

I will start with Top Ten. Special thanks to TEClemson53 also as he created the awesome graphics soon to be associated with this content (will be in final product).

[​IMG]
    1) QB Jonathan Hendrix​
    171/259 (66%), 2732 yards, 20 TD's, 13 INT, Long Pass of 87​
    The Eagles have already made a U-Turn compared to last season. With Hendrix at the helm he has already delivered 5 wins and is on pace for Rookie of the Year as many of the coaches are predicting. The only unfortunate side to this kid is he is stuck in a division with the Giants who are currently undefeated.​
    Grade: B+
    [​IMG]
    2) LT Adrian Freeman​
    6 Sacks Allowed, 2 Pancakes​
    Welcome to the NFL young man. He is having troubles adjusting to the massive D Lines as they continue to abuse him. You're going to have to hold your ground a little better if you want to protect the other Freeman so he can pull you out of a 2-6 hole.​
    Grade: F
    [​IMG]
    3) QB Stacey Knight​
    127/216 (58%), 1585 yards, 12 TD's, 12 INT, Long Pass of 80​
    Has the potential to be a great QB, so far Cleveland already has 3 wins (which I think is more than last year). He just needs to start passing to the right team and the Browns might be able to give Cleveland a quality sports team.​
    Grade: C​
    [​IMG]
    4) WR Marcus Barbour​
    42 Rec, 689 yards, 16.4 ypc, 7 TD, Long of 63, 5 Drops​
    The leading receiver for the Colts. I could see him getting damn near 1000 yards this season and that is saying something for a Rook. He does have 5 drops but we hear Andrew Luck tosses the ball pretty hard sometimes. He's done his part but Indy still has a 1-7 record.​
    [​IMG]
    5) HB Join Noel​
    80 Att, 297 yards, 4.9 ypc, 0 TD, 4 Fumbles, 9 Broken Tackles, 12 Rec, 179 yards, 2 TD​
    Injury has not helped this kid, first he went down with back problems and now he is out a couple of weeks with a torn shoulder. His first couple of games were marred with fumbles, although he has shown some promise in the passing game if needed. Had a decent game vs the Vikings. Doesn't look to make much of an impact this season.​
    Grade: D
    [​IMG]
    6) CB Khris Curtis​
    21 Tackles, 2 TFL, 2 INT, 4 Deflections​
    He leads in tackles among the CBs and looks like he has a decent eye for the ball. I can only see this kid improving in the future, especially being mentored by a vet such as Champ Bailey.​
    Grade: B
    [​IMG]
    7) WR Gilbert Black​
    27 Rec, 501 yards, 18.6 ypc, 4 TD, Long of 75, 9 Drops​
    Another one of the highly praised WR out of this draft and is second in receiving yards on the team, only behind Collie. But the 9 drops is an ugly blemish, he has to hang on to the ball, Collie can't do it all.​
    Grade: C+​
    [​IMG]
    8) ROLB Adrian Davis​
    23 Tackles, 3 TFL, 1 Sack​
    He's been in the backfield a couple of times this season but appears to be more of a pursue and tackle type of guy. But he hasn't really assisted on any tackles so that makes his 23 tackles a bit more impressive doing it by himself. If he gets into the backfield just a bit more, Arizona will be set on his side of the ball.​
    [​IMG]
    9) LOLB Tevin Hill​
    35 tackles, 1 Assisted, 9 TFL, 1 Sack​
    Even though the Raiders don't have the greatest record around, they did snag a nice 1st round pick. 35 tackles is a great accomplishment along with 9 of them behind behind the line. Great pickup for Oakland.​
    Grade: A
    [​IMG]
    10) CB Ben Noel​
    19 Tackles, 5 TFL, 1 Sack, 1 INT​
    Looks like he'd rather chase down the ball carrier than play the pass. Tackling someone behind the line is a rare feat done by rookie CB let alone sacks. But maybe this kid should stick back in coverage so the Chargers can get some more take aways in the passing game.​
    [​IMG]
    11) LE Alex Vickery​
    15 Tackles, 5 Sacks, 5 TFL, 1 FR, 3 Defensive TD's​
    He was highly praised as a recruit and he is doing pretty well for a Rookie. I like his 5 sacks and the 3 Defensive TD's (which I don't understand with only 1 FR unless he has some INT's that MaddenCareer doesn't mention). The only downside is he is pretty low on the tackling stat but it appears he isn't starting so he gets some slack.​
    [​IMG]
    12) MLB Evan Lockett​
    50 Tackles, 7 TFL, 1 Sacks, 2 INT​
    Lots of tackles for the Rookie, a nice pickup for Pittsburgh indeed. Only makes the Steel Curtain that much stronger. He has seen the backfield a handful of times this year and looks like he knows how to play the pass at least somewhat. Coach PAgamer did well trading up.​
    [​IMG]
    13) FS Phillip Vinson​
    26 Tackles, 1 INT, 2 Deflections, 1 FF​
    Not bad for a Rookie FS who is splitting time with Eric Smith. He has the only takeaways among the FS (unless you count Smiths FR). Not a whole lot else I can really say about this guy. I would say he has a bright future though.​
    [​IMG]
    14) LE Rashad Middleton​
    25 Tackles, 1 Assisted Tackle, 11 Sacks, 15 TFL​
    ELEVEN sacks?! Whoa! Combine that with another 4 hits behind the line and he has accounted for a whopping 15 TFL. This kid obviously knows how to get around the blocker and to whoever is holding the ball. This may indict he has some pursuit or play recognition issues but who cares when he is pushing the offense backwards.​
    Grade: A+
    [​IMG]
    15) RG Drew Onnka​
    1 Sack Allowed, 2 Pancakes​
    Pretty impressive for a rookie to only allow one guy to make it to the QB. Not sure if he has had a lot of holding calls because that would be a nice thing to adapt into his grade. He should help Da Bears in the future to protect the ball carrier​
    [​IMG]
    16) CB Manny Boyd​
    24 Tackles, 2 INT, 7 Deflections​
    Another highly watched recruit in this draft. His name was all over headlines and many were surprised he fell this far in the draft. I don't think Boyd is quite living up to all the hype but is still have a good season. You don't always need to pick it off because 7 deflections still shows he is making a play on the ball.​
    [​IMG]
    17) MLB Keorris Johnson
    57 Tackles, 1 Assisted Tackle, 6 TFL, 3 INT, 3 FF, 2 Defensive TD
    Definitely a great pickup for the Bills, who are enjoying a 7-3 record, something I am sure the town of Buffalo is enjoying. He is creating chaos all over the field and for a Rookie to be equal in INT and Fumbles in pretty impressive in my book. Coach Keller took a gamble trading down and it looks like he got the better deal.
    Grade: A+
    [​IMG]
    18) RG Elliot Harrison
    1 Sack Allowed, 0 Pancakes
    Not bad with the 1 Sack but he hasn't really dominated those he has to block either. O Lineman are rather boring to report on...
    Grade: C
    [​IMG]
    19) WR Brian General
    43 Rec, 748 yards, 17.4 ypc, 5 TD, 8 Drops, Long of 59
    Finally an offensive player! General was at the top of many draft lists but he fell to the Panthers who desperately needed a WR, especially with the retirement of Steve Smith. General would be a superstar by now if Cam Newton would stop throwing to the defense, though he still leads in receiving on the team. He might pass 1000 yards receiving but he needs to work on the drops, which I suspect some have been in the endzone. Still he has loads of potential and will shine once the rough edges are smoothed.
    [​IMG]
    20) HB JeJwaune Jones
    184 Att, 853 yards, 4.6 ypc, 11 TD's, 4 Fumbles, 11 Broken Tackles, Long of 60
    First off I don't think I could pronounce his first name without hearing it. Second he is having a good season for the Rams as I am guessing Steven Jackson is out with injury (what's new?). He more than makes up for 4 Fumbles with the 11 TD's. I just hope they were caused in those 11 Broken Tackles. On pace for 1000 yards an 15 TD's, I hope to see him average 5 ypc by seasons end.
    [​IMG]
    21) FS Jamair Curtis​
    49 Tackles, 2 INT, 6 TFL, 3 Sacks, 5 Deflections, 2 FF, 1 Defensive TD​
    Quality, quality pick up for Houston. This guy is playing the ball in the air and is able to deliver a big hit to the ballcarrier. Props to the kid for having good instincts. ​
    [​IMG]
    22) DT Derwyn Davis​
    39 Tackles, 5 Sacks, 13 TFL​
    Another good looking pick up for the Texans. It appears he is one of those players who naturally gets around the blocks and makes a play in the backfield. 39 Tackles is impressive as well, there are some veterans who have barely cracked 20. ​
    [​IMG]
    23) WR Jamarious Brown​
    65 Receptions, 915 yards, 14.1 ypc, 6 TD, 4 Drops, Long of 66​
    This sensational rookie looks to be a future star. He brings some life to the 49ers who surprisingly have low numbers with Manningham and Crabtree. Making a good impact in the passing game early in his career is a good sign. Another quality stat is 292 yards after catch. ​
    [​IMG]
    24) TE Jojo Jones​
    6 Rec, 58 yards, 0 TD, 0 Drops, Long of 15​
    It's not hard to understand why this kid has such low number with a TE like Tony Gonzalez looking over you. So either he isn't very open in the passing game, doesn't see the field or as stated Gonzalez is Matt Ryan's favorite TE (as it should be).​
    [​IMG]
    25) R.T. Clofer​
    12 Tackles, 1 FF​
    Who knows how much this kid has really played. He is backup to Maualuga who is tearing things up for Cleveland with 70 tackles. He did manage a forced fumble but who knows if the defense recovered. Better start hoping for some PT or an injury kid. ​
    [​IMG]
    26) SS Brandon Tynes​
    19 Tackles, 1 Deflection​
    As his Coach stated he was beaten out by a 4th rounder and rightly so. Whenever this kid is on the field it doesn't look like he contributes much. A few tackles here and one measly deflection compared to the 4th rounders 6. ​
    Grade: D-
    [​IMG]
    27) DT Bubba McCoy​
    5 Tackles, 1 TFL​
    I get the feeling this one is really not seeing the field. Hard to evaluate his skills because this could be one game alone...but I doubt that. He was highly scouted by a lot of coaches but he fell short at the combine, he didn't earn a starting spot and it's showing why. ​
    [​IMG]
    28) WR LaKieth Hill​
    21 Rec, 282 yards, 13.4 ypc, 1 TD, 3 Drops, Long of 32​
    Coach Hova called this kid an injured POS. I'm guessing the coach doesn't have a whole lot of love for this kid. This frustration may stem from the 3 Drops, which isn't astronomical or maybe he is just never open when needed. ​
    Grade: D+
    [​IMG]
    29) TE Bronson Gallon​
    54 Rec, 977 yards, 18.1 ypc, 9 TD, 8 Drops, Long of 69​
    Wow. I think it is safe to say we have another Vernon Davis on our hands. This kid has been doing things in the passing game that some TEs only dream of. The ugly stat though is those 8 drops, if he hadn't dropped so many he would already be at 1000 yards, we might see 1500 from this kid.​
    [​IMG]
    30) CB Quayshon Jackson​
    40 Tackles, 9 Deflections, 1 INT, 1 FF, 1 FR, 1 TD​
    Another stellar DB comes out of this draft and he went to the Saints. New Orleans is already one of the toughest teams out there and with this youngster making plays all over, they just got tougher. He doesn't need to force turnovers to be a stud as evident by the 40 tackles and 9 deflections​
    Grade: A-
    [​IMG]
    31) C Dom Kenner​
    3 Sacks Allowed, 4 Pancakes​
    Looks like he has had both good and bad moments. Not great and not bad but hey the Ravens saw something in him and hopefully he improves. ​
    Grade: C​
    [​IMG]
    32) CB Dion Brand​
    19 Tackles, 9 Deflections, 5 TFL, 1 Sack​
    Not bad for what looks like the Giants 3rd string CB. 9 Deflections is his best stat so far. He has found his way into the backfield a handful of times. Not a bad pickup should the others go down or Coach Peench elects to move him up. ​

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
    • Like Like x 16
  2. Masler

Masler Moderator

• Like Like x 2
  3. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

• Like Like x 4
  5. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Good stuff Masler - can't wait to see my first round SS get made fun of for getting beat out by a hard nosed 4th rounder. At least he is a special teams tackling machine

6. Gyrene76

Masler, his is fantastic man. Great job.

And what sucks with Manny Boyd....I had 2 more interceptions and touchdowns that were erased due to desyncs.

7. Gyrene76

What made you decide to draft two SS's?

8. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

The fact that it was the weakest position on my defense- competition is always healthy especially for young guys.

9. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Great job Masler. Thanks for doing this.

10. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Great job Masler!!

11. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  12. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I guess if that didn't make sense to you I'm not sure how to further explain it- I would assume you just really, really wanted to post a gif and went with that one.

Swing and a miss.

13. I Peench

Nah, that's pretty much the identical face I made. You speak as though these guys are motivated by one another, as if in a real life competition.

14. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I guess if you want to be a total dick that is another way to go about it..

Just trying to put things into a more realistic answer rather than "Yeah the first rounder sucked compared to the fourth rounder."

15. I Peench

You take me too seriously :)

16. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Yeah, the whole sarcasm thing doesn't translate so well over the internet.

17. I Peench

I wasn't being sarcastic, just light-hearted. Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelax.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I guess I don't completely get the difference between the two.. oh well.

19. I Peench

<3

No animosity here man.

20. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

<3

• Like Like x 3
  21. Masler

Masler Moderator

• Like Like x 3
  22. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

In all honesty that SS is a damn good backup and special teamer.

regardless, great stuff Masler

23. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

Nice job Masler. JoJo Jones was a CPU generated pick for me, and I knew once I got him, he would be a TE to develop for the future. Its hard to start someone over Gonzalez as he is always so clutch. I figured to continue to put XP is the places I want, so when his number gets called when Gonzalez retires he will be ready to earn his grade.

Defintely a F for production, but word from Falcons camp is that he will be a force once he gets his opportunities.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

We'll be drafting 3 more WRs exactly like Hill. That should guarantee atleast one of these assholes staying healthy so I can have a complete offense for once around megatron.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Why don't you draft you know... back seven on defense or offensive line?