1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Draft Prep

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by majesty95, Dec 16, 2012.

1. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

We're still a little ways away from the draft but I thought I would share what I did last year to prepare. By Jow you should have quite a few guys scouted or at least quite a bit of scouting points to get started. I created a spreadsheet to use as my draft board. What did you guys do to prepare?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b6x13uvh4au33rs/VFL - Vikings Draft.xls

2. Futuriistiics

Futuriistiics Walk On

I had about 3 guys I wouldn't mind taking for each pick, but without fail they were all taken way earlier than my expectation, or even if they weren't, I ended up picking someone I hadn't planned on anyway :(

Didn't draft one person I had written down beforehand. We'll see how this year's go

3. majesty95

majesty95 Show class, have pride, and display character.

Dang. Not one? I narrowed my list to 35 guys in my last draft and wound up with 7 of them.

4. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

My draft was shot as soon as it started...but it really took a dive after my 2nd pick

5. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

I only got 1 guy on my list when I kinda reached for him in the 2nd, but I wasted a lot of scouting points on him which really hurt the rest of the draft.

6. maniac13

maniac13 Walk On

I got two players I wanted and they should translate into starters for me in the upcoming weeks. But as a whole I thought the draft was stressful with players flying off the board I really wanted lol. I enjoyed it.

7. Futuriistiics

Futuriistiics Walk On

Let's bring on next year's draft. I plan to do a lot better this time

8. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

I spent all my freaking coach xp on scouting thinking it would make a huge difference...3000 points a week is meh....

9. Futuriistiics

Futuriistiics Walk On

That's 17,000 extra points a year though, plus the extras in the offseason

10. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

But my team has so many holes...I'd need 6000 points so I won't miss again