Draft question

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by DJDunn6, Feb 6, 2011.

1. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

I know we talked about this after last offseason but not sure if we ever decided anything. Are we going to limit in draft trades? It got real annoying last season and I think we should discuss and set something up now. I guess there are 4 choices that make some sense. 1: No trades during the draft 2: Only can trade during the 1st round 3: Only trade during the first 2 rounds (the reason this one may work is if we start the forum draft again alot of these would be worked out when it is not live) 4: Just set a small limited number of deals that can me made draft day for each team. We need to do something I would hate to take them out all together they are realistic. There are always a couple players that fall into the top of the 2nd round that owners targeted would hate to take it away totally, but if it is best for us then so be it.

2. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

The biggest complaint about draft day trades on my part is that people don't have them ready. Yes, we want as close to realism as possible. Yes, draft day pick trades come down to the last few seconds of a team's pick. We don't have 3 days and over 17 hours to spend on this (the equivalent of a 7 round NFL draft). So guys have to have their pick trade ready to announce before their pick comes up. If they have not traded their pick by the time their team is ready to go, then they cannot trade that pick on the clock.

Simple, still keeps realism, and keeps owners focused. If they want to trade out of their pick, they better have a suitor ready when their name is called to make a pick. If not, no trade will be approved on the clock. Period.

3. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

i like what winny says, no trading when you on the clock... but maybe take it one step further, cannot trade the pick of the round your currently in, cant trade your second round pick when ppl are already picking in the second round. Of course, when we are doing the forum part, it shouldnt be a problem with trading...

So it sum it up, any/all trades are allowed in the offline forum part of the draft but once it goes live, cant trade the any picks of the round we currently are in. what do yall think?

4. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

no trading during draft period. Sorry guys but i am making teh call on this. decide as a group when you want to cut it off, but nothign during the draft.

5. DJDunn6

DJDunn6 Walk On

So if we start in the forum again I think it is ok to make deals no time constaint. But as soon as it is live no more deals?

6. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

But lets do a good job of promoting the forum draft. If we can get people prepared, you may be surprised how far we can make it. Its when people are away when it will stall. What we should also do is the same thing as last season. This is the offseason. Its pretty busy. Lots of stuff to get done. If you are going to be away, try and get organized and ask for some help.

If some owners aren't around for the draft, they need to prepare a draft cheat sheet. Whether its players or positions or whatever. I know these are known to most but it doesnt hurt to reiterate to some of our wonderful owners....

7. natedawg212000

I am fine with that, allowing trades for forum draft, problem is it will way slow down draft because guys will no pick in hopes to deal the pick.

8. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

A lot of traders did delay the draft. I would be fine with it if everyone was 100% prepared. That will never happen, though.

9. natedawg212000

Win, I am totally cool with saying cut off 24 hours before draft and then 24 hours after draft, so that the draft has its own feel and time to get done. If you want to make that call lets just make it and move on. We are really only talking 5-8 deals per draft, and they slow things down, the bog up the board, just not worth allowing. If we tell guys now, they have plenty of time to get off their butt and get deals done.

So here, I am proposing - 24 hours before draft - cut off trades, and no trades are in effect until 24 hours after the draft.

10. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

That sounds solid, Nate. I can live with that.