Draft Recaps

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Shaun Mason, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Cleveland Browns

1: TE Jackson Williams - 75 OVR
    2: QB Jonathan Moore - 74 OVR
    3: CB Dejon Kimble - 79 OVR
    3: DT Malcomb Baltimore - 82 OVR
    3: OLB Brian Thames - 62 OVR
    4: MLB Brad Jenkins - 67 OVR
    5: RT Brian Harris - 76 OVR
    6: FS Derrick Sparks - 52 OVR
    7: HB Anthony Andre - 60 OVR

2. bawvu97

bawvu97 Let's Goooooo Mountaineers

Featured Threads:
    [​IMG]

Ravens

Rd 1 - Hargrove - DT - 81 OVR - Cody needed some help in the middle and although he was not predicted to go until the 2nd Round I needed some help in the middle with stopping the run and penetration in general. 6'2 330, 95 STR, 90 PWR MOV, 85 Blk Shed.

Rd 2 - Mallette - WR - 75 OVR - With an aging Anquan Boldin, Torrey Smith with Brick Hands and times and Jacoby Jones being injury prone, I needed to start building my strength at the position. At 6'4 215 he will be a presence going forward especially in the red zone complimenting Anquan Boldin for the next season or two. Key Ratings for my rooking Catching 84, Acceleration 90, Agility 92

Rd 3 - Bryan Tarver - LE - 82 OVR - With no Depth behind Ngata and McPhee this fills another need. 6'5 306 will be brought in to keep my other ends fresh and just as an occasional change of pace. STR and Hit Power both around 88 I hope he has an immediate impact.

Rd 5 - Daniel Ozerites - TE - 54 OVR - With Ed Dickson being a damn traitor I needed to have backup TE to Pitta. I hope to compliment these two with a FA acquisition for the year. Primarily rated as a blocking TE for run situations, I still see him as getting in two TE sets with Pitta and hopefully develop his catching ability. He is only 6'2, 247 but has decent awareness.

Rd 6 - Alex Brown - CB - 69 OVR - CB is my deepest position but I had this guy on my board. Originally predicted to go in the 2nd or 3rd Rd, I could not pass him up especially in the 6th. He is not really fast so it will be interesting to see where he ends up with the team

Rd 7 - Ryan Sharp - RG - 55 OVR - This was purely a BAP to add some depth to my o-line. There is nothing really special about him especially for a 7th Rounder

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  3. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

Raiders

Sam Farris QB - 86 ovr - 1
    Ryan Hohulin TE - 46 ovr - 5 (2nd)
    Christian Burns CB - 69ovr - 6 (3rd)
    William Leoni DT - 68 ovr - 7 (4th)
    Marquise Cunningham TE - 57 - 7 (5th)

*first offseason, whats the procedure to fill out my squad? 51/53*

Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  4. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

Panthers:

1st: WR Taiwan Brown 71 Ovr
    2nd: DT Connor Bostick 74 Ovr
    3rd: RG Blake Martin 76 Ovr
    5th: RE Paris Welte 70 Ovr
    6th: CB Darian Haynes 61 Ovr
    7th: LOLB Gant Hymes 63 Ovr

5. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

Patriots Draft Recap

1st- Rodman Steele 79 Overall (Terrible pick by me. With the two guys I really wanted gone, I should have traded this pick, but instead took the BPA and it was a position where I have Chandler Jones, Osi, Ray Edwards, and Ninkovinch all playing ahead of this guy. Obviously he's available to be traded ASAP).
    4th- FS Jadeveon Guinyard 62 ovr ( 10 awareness and with only 80 speed, he may be cut. He does have 93 hit power though. )
    4th- CB Ty Lucas 61 over (10 awareness, the rest of his attributes are where I want them and he will play this season, a lot. )
    5th- WR Adam Hughes 61 Overall
    7th- RG Dontae Keith 60 Overall

Overall, I'm not really happy with my draft. Luckily I got some good free agents or this offseason would have been pointless for the Pats.

6. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

Buccaneers:

1st: MLB Jason Judge - 79
    2nd: FS Josh Morris - 73
    3rd: LE Tobias Stallworth - 74
    4th: TE Michael Swain - 68
    5th: K Garrett Lee - 61

7. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

No way. He's an 85 for me! And was the number 1 on my board. And you take him and don't even appreciate him! :(

Chiefs:

1st Round: Jabari Price 70 OVR (IDK how the fuck this is true, because his stats are all either incredible or average. Even the stats you expect to bring down a rookie WR, like awareness and route running, are pretty good at 78 and 75.) With 94 speed, 90 Elusiveness, an excellent compliment to Bowe
    2nd through 7th round: Fucking awful. I don't know how, but I somehow did WORSE than the first file's draft. And I thought I had scouted a lot better. Whatever. Hopefully Price ups his game.

• Like Like x 1
  8. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    i think it's his scheme that makes him lower

9. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

I know, I'm just trying to make him feel bad for taking my #1. :(

• Like Like x 1
  10. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Waiver

11. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

1st pick : Marquise Standard CB 74. Average pick up bigger corner (6'1) who can run (94 speed). developmental guy look for him at CB3 or CB4. Very good man to man corner with some decent press.
    Normal Development.

4th rounder : Bryant Vinson WR 69. Dolphins traded up for this guy. He can flat out fly with 98 speed. Should get on the field as a guy who can stretch it. Outside WR. Will need to improve his overall catch and release to be an elite flyer. However for the cost of a 3rd round pick next season Vinson will have to make some plays for value.

5th round pick: Was Cut due to being a 59. However he did have 86 carry and possibly would of made the team had they not thought Redman could run at all. He cant and has since been released.

6th rounder:Alex Buice FB 71. Overall strength is low at 61 however he brings 77 IMB and 80RBK. Also very soft hands out of the backfield with 70 catch.

7th rounder: Elgin Robinson 72. Solid player depth mostly may make the team. Low BSH however he is a decent athlete

12. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

Denver

1st: SS Javonta Woods - 80 OVR (even though hes a Gamecock piece of shit)
    3rd: DT Aaron Berry - 67 OVR
    4th: DT (Forgot his name, already cut him)
    5th: QB Dakota Hutchinson - 73 OVR
    6th: CB Anthony Shipman - 66 OVR
    7th: WR Corey Crenshaw - 63 OVR

13. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11th Pick 2nd Round: LT Pierre Kerr - Texas - 75 ovr

We went into this season wanting to overhaul our offensive line which was a weakness for us last year. Left Tackle was especially troublesome, so upon seeing Pierre Kerr still available in the 2nd we pulled the trigger. He comes in very well rounded with an 85 pass block and an 80 run block ratings. At 6’7” 315 he’s a big kid as well.

30th Pick 2nd Round: SS Brock Williams -Florida - 62 ovr
    Safety was definitely our weakest position last year, with corner being a close second. We felt we dealt with the corner position in free agency and took Brock Williams, the hard hitting strong safety out of Florida when we saw him available. He’s not super quick with an 84 speed rating, but he has good acceleration, and he can whallop you with a 95 hit power rating. He’ll immediately take over the SS position in DC.

32nd Pick 5th Round: MLB Bronson Harris – Texas A&M - 67 ovr
    We were able to address a huge hole that was left when London Fletcher retired by trading with the Buffalo Bills for Nick Barnett’s services, we were set at MLB, however needing depth, and seeing the Aggie Bronson Harris there, we went for him as a sheer value pick. The kid has good speed with an 82 rating, and is a big hitter with a 92 rating. High acceleration with a 93 and great block shedding with an 80 rating. He was a great pick for us here at this point of the draft.

11th Pick 5th Round: C Ian Gaston – Air Force - 60 ovr
    This pick after my review of the draft was a reach. Gaston has solid run block skills with an 85 rating and a 74 rating on the pass block side, but he’s a bit undersized at 6’2” 290. Will Montgomery is getting older, and Gaston will provide us depth if nothing more. He’ll need to get his impact block and strength up if he wants to be a starter.

5th Pick 6th Round: RG Sean Franklin - Oregon - 54 ovr
    The former Duck was another offensive line pick in an area we needed some depth. With an 80 run block, 74 pass block, and 77 impact block, Franklin can provide that for us. He has great size at 6’1” 317, is strong with an 87 strength rating and doesn’t get injured with a 97 rating there as well. Franklin was another good value pick for us.

11th Pick 6th Round: CB Ben Merchant - UCLA - 65 ovr
    The one thing we lacked at the corner position was size, and size is something the Bruin Ben Merchant has. He has a poor zone coverage rating with a 51 rating however with good coaching, we feel he can develop. He has 90 speed, 83 jump, and we think that he’ll become a solid corner. Another great value in a draft that was very deep at corner.

7th Round: CB Andrew Raven - 59 ovr - CUT

• Like Like x 1
  14. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

1. CB - Jalen Cooper - 84 Overall
    2. CB - Shawn Sanders - 77 Overall
    3. LT - Javier Vasquez - 74 Overall
    4. HB - Keenan Hart - 69 Overall
    5. HB - Ladarius Baines - 61 Overall
    6. P - Nick Murphy - 79 Overall
    7. FB - Allen Sellew - 75 Overall

I have to say, not bad for the CPU making picks. Actually, this is better than I would have done haha. JAX biggest need was CB and that was filled in a big way with two highly touted rookie CBs. Holes at P and FB filled with solid rookies as well.

15. bawvu97

Featured Threads:
    Wow rich the CPU did do Fairly well for you

16. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Chargers

1st: OT Connor Barr 80 OVR - was predicted as the third best overall talent, so I was more than happy to address a need and snag him at #9. 20 years old, high ceiling; 96 strength.

3rd: DE John Gunter 80 OVR - Big kid at 6'5 308; brings a high quality backup to our young defensive line.

4th: SS Cameron Sutton 73 OVR - Not bad at all, will be the number 2 SS behind Abrahm Elam.

5th: DT Brice Stump 74 OVR - Great depth pick for us late in the draft- really fits our scheme well. 3rd NT on the DC.

5th: TE Henry Myers 59 OVR - Below average receiving TE that will likely be looking for a job in the next couple weeks.

Overall: A
    - We addressed some needs and got some great players for depth. A lot of guys we got we're folks predicted to go higher and fell either a few picks (Barr) or a couple rounds (Gunter, Sutton, Stump) so I'm happy we were able to get these guys that everyone passed on.

17. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Come on guys... this is a premier league. A little disappointed in your "recaps".

[​IMG]

Round 1: LT Grady Shead (USC) , 6'4" 315 lbs. 80 OVR:

We wanted a MLB at #1 but after extensive scouting, the class was not that deep this year. The Judge kid out of Wisconsin was the best available in my opinion and a deal was in the works to trade up to 10 with JohnnyClutch if he was still available. Unfortunately he was picked, so we addressed our next biggest weakness which was Tackle. We liked Shead and his A pass block rating, although the C Run block was a bit disheartening. We also considered the G Unga, but he was taken pretty early as well. We settled on Shead and while a solid player, he has SLOW development. This was very disappointing. His best attributes are: 90 PBK, 84 STR, 80 AWR and 84 STM.

Pick Grade: B-

Round 2: MLB Allen Cooper (NC State), 6'3" 246 lbs. 66 OVR:

We had to get a MLB here, and according to our board, Cooper was the best available. Unfortunately his low awareness (21), would make his overall not very good. We feel he is a very solid player, but at this point were a little disappointed in the pick. 81 TKL, 82 PWR, 84 ACC, 82 SHD, 85 PRS give him solid ratings, but unfortunately that OVR is not very appealing. Will he start? We do not know.

Pick Grade: D

Round 3: HB Bo Tuner (USF), 5'9" 187 lbs. 79 OVR:

It's no secret that I want a little more balance on offense. We threw the ball way too much last year, and with #7 taking a ton of sacks we needed a run game. We locked Mendehall up long term, added Evan Royster and kept Jonathan Dwyer and Chris Rainey. We didn't feel this was enough. We scouted HBs pretty deeply in case one fell into our lap, and Bo looked crazy good. Our scouts showed: A SPD-ACC-AGI-ELU-CAR. All at the top of the charts. We had to draft this kid considering he fell all the way to 3rd round. We weren't sure if we missed something in our scouting, but after picking him, we were very surprised how good he was. Not only is he fast and elusive, but his pass catching skills are ridiculous. The biggest surprise? He was a SUPERSTAR development.

Pick Grade: A+

Round 4: LE Logan Leoni (VT), 6'3" 286 lbs. 75 OVR

Our pass rush just HAS to get better. We don't like to blitz escessively like a lot of teams, and we felt the biggest weakness up front was at LE. Ziggy Hood is just not getting the job done, so we decided to grab a DE. The top guys on the board here were taken long ago, and that left Leoni. The biggest pros in his favor were his size at DE and strength (93). Unfortunately his block shedding and play recognition are not as high as I like. Still, he may be able to bull rush guys with his 85 PWR moves.

Pick Grade: C

Round 5: MLB Salim Anderson (Alabama), 6'1" 256 lbs. 71 OVR:

Not 100% convinced with Allen Cooper in 2nd round, we selected another MLB here. We typically scout awareness of all needs just to hopefully get a gauge of good players. Sometimes it works, others not. Anderson was still sitting on the board, and had B awareness, hit power and acceleration. So he was big, hit hard and was fast and smart. We took a shot in the dark here and have to say, were really happy with this pick. Anderson will probably get the start at MLB over my 2nd rounder. Mainly due to his QUICK progression.

Pick Grade: B+

Round 6: DT Courtney Anderson (Toledo), 6'3" 335 lbs. 70 OVR:

We needed some depth at DT position, and with all the good DTs going way earlier, this pick was made solely on size and strength. Anderson is a massive dude at 335 lbs. He also adds in a 94 strength. We feel he will possibly be 2nd on the depth chart, and if he proves himself could move up.

Pick Grade: C

Round 7: RG Tyren Spriggs (Penn State), 6'4" 295 lbs. 61 OVR:

A guard from Penn State. Nothing special to see here. 88 STR, 85 RBK are his best attributes. May not make the team out of preseason.

Pick Grade: D-

• Like Like x 4
  18. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

My first draft didn't go as poorly as I had anticipated but it wasn't a home run either.

Round 1 (12): LG Isaac Unga 80 OVR - Guard was a glaring need and after my top choice Kendrick Bery got snatched up a few picks before I ended up reaching for Unga. Thought about trading down but definitely not unhappy with picking him here. 92STR, 85AWR, 80/86PBK/RBK not too shabby.

Round 2 (12): LOLB Aleon slaughter 74 OVR - LOLB was my other glarind need. I had hoped to land a few other guys with this pick but they were all gone. Should have either traded down or went with another area as this pick was a reach but the only guy I knew most about at the time. Will see some playing time this year, hopefully can become a starter for us in a year or two. 82STR, 80AWR, 77TKL, 88POW, 85BSH so I'm excited about this kid but just feel like I reached a bit.

**After the first two rounds I had to dart to catch the game, not terribly upset at how the CPU did for me**

Round 3 (12): QB Jeremy Oberste 74 OVR. Not a need but not a bad pick. Kid is not awful. 90THP, 84/75/73 SAC/MAC/DAC are his downfall though. If he can ever get his accuracy up he may give Dalton some fits. Other than that though serviceable backup for now.

Round 4(12): LE Austin Mason 69 OVR. Not a need, and not a great player. Not too happy about this pick. Kid may end up being cut. We addressed the DE's pretty aggresively in the offseason and could have honestly used a DT more.

Round 5 (12): HB Shawn Huggins 65 OVR. Again, not a need. Don't know much about this kid. Will give him a chance in preseason but we are set at RB too I feel.

Round 6 (12): ROLB Aaron Mayer 75 OVR. Great computer pick here in the sixth. OLB needed some depth and this kid provides it. 80TAK, 77POW, 87PUR, this kid may have an impact depth wise this year.

Round 6 (32): MLB Ryan Whitfield 63 OVR. And for the previous great CPU pick they followed with this one. The kid better enjoy his time in the preseason game because I don't see him touching the field much after that.

After being apart of this years draft though I realize how fun it is. Can't wait for next years honestly.

• Like Like x 1
  19. PAgamer07

Ahhh so you're the guy who grabbed Unga. I was going to take him at 21, but you got him pretty early. How is his footwork? (Agility, IBL and ACC)

20. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Do you feel like I reached a little? I hope I didn't. I thought about trading down but wanted to make sure I got him and Grav was the only guy to shoot me a deal and he was late first (I knew he wouldn't fall that far).

My plan in the first was to shore up my RG weakness. Kendrick Bery (who picked him btw?) was my first pick and he was taken a few pick ahead so I pulled the trigger on Unga.

IBL 89
    ACC 60
    AGI 76

21. PAgamer07

Not at all. He was one of the best linemen available in the draft. I think it's a great pick. Not sure what his development is, but I like him.

22. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

I actually scouted it, he was Star I believe (What are the levels?)

23. PAgamer07

Slow, Normal, Quick, Superstar

Well yeah... if he has superstar thats very good. But even without it, hes a solid pick. The thing with drafting linemen in the 1st round is they arent very flashy :)

• Like Like x 1
  24. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Well at least I had a plan for my first round pick. I got overwhelmed in round 2, would have really been tough for me to do a good entire draft this year, but hopefully this experience will carry over for next year and I'll be a little better prepared. Still anxious to see who took RG Kendrick Bery, I believe he was star development as well.

*EDIT* The Niners picked Berry, I'm kind of glad it worked out like this :)

• Like Like x 1
  25. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

I had Unga as the #1 OL in the draft, woulda had a tough decision if he fell to me at 15.

• Like Like x 2