Draft Results

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by IrishBearcat, Apr 18, 2013.

1. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

I'm interested to see how others did in the draft. I think it would be great to find out the following information about how everyone's draft class turned out:

ROUND PLAYER NAME OVR ADDITIONAL NOTES
    1 Chuck Norris 100 Can slam revolving door

For you guys who are "table challenged" you can simply quote my post, remove the quotes, and edit the example as necessary. I will post mine sometime tomorrow.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

Oakland Raiders
    ROUND PLAYER NAME OVR ADDITIONAL NOTES[/LEFT]
    1 Desmond Grandon 80 95spd 94car 81cit 85spc
    2 Brian Coard 82 89pmv 75prc 85str 88awr
    3 Angel Burden 75 72 zcv 74prc 85pow 90spd
    4 Verley Mclendon 78 91kpw 81 kac 80awr
    5 Marquis Smith 80 86fmv 80pur 88spd 77str
    6 CUT
    7 CUT

Screen Shot 2013-04-18 at 6.17.47 AM.png
    1st Desmond Grandon HB –B- best projected out of my scouted players,
    a safe pick for me, I should have gambled here but fuck it.

Screen Shot 2013-04-18 at 6.18.33 AM.png
    2nd Brian Coard LE –B- Projected as a top three pick, imagine my surprise when I saw him rated​
    62 overall ... till I switched him to LE​
    Screen Shot 2013-04-18 at 6.18.55 AM.png
    3rd Angel Burden FS – 75 C He looked like Pat Willis so I picked him.​
    Was high on my board production wise he needs a lot of work.​
    Screen Shot 2013-04-18 at 6.20.01 AM.png
    4th Verly McLendon K –C+ accidental pick that turned out to be a good reach depending​
    on the judge 91KPW a definite need.​
    Screen Shot 2013-04-18 at 6.18.16 AM.png
    5th Marquis Smith RE –B- delegated pick that will certainly come in handy​
    88 spd on the edge will make him a threat on long passing downs.​
    Two sub 60 draftees where cut.​

*** Denver enjoy your Tightend, I'm going to kill him the first chance I get. :ninja:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Philstyle3005

Philstyle3005 Walk On

ROUND PLAYER NAME OVR ADDITIONAL NOTES
    1 Traded
    2 Jay Macon 72 96 THP 86 Medium accuracy
    3 Traded
    4 Jamerson Kirk 72 95 Speed Quick Development
    5 Austin Wilson 65 94 Carry
    6 Mike Dale 65
    7 Ryan Schneider 56 80 PB 85 Strength

Pretty solid draft in my opinion. Since we didn't have a 2nd, we had thought all along about trading back even though the one guy we really wanted to take in the 1st round was still there at our pick. We still felt trading back to the 2nd round was the good pick as the guy we wanted there would not fall to the 3rd, or we didn't think he would. We traded back and got the Bears 2nd round pick this season and 1st round pick next season. In the 3rd round, we also traded for the Colts 3rd and 4th round picks. Didn't really see a guy we needed to take so trading out of the round completely seemed like a good idea.

So with our 1st pick of the draft coming in the 2nd round, we took who we think will be our QB of the future in Jay Macon. All I can say is if our practice looks like our game, we found the right QB to use. Macon has the QB body and one of the stronger arms in the league with 96 THP. His accuracy is also pretty good. We looked at the "top QB" Jody Kelly, and even though he didn't fall to us in the 1st round, we really didn't plan on taking him. Macon was our guy.

Our 2nd pick of the draft was Jamerson Kirk. A very fast CB with quick development. A great pick up in the 4th round that will probably see the field this season but only as a blitzer. He's still struggling with coverage, both man and zone, but the Patriots are looking for him to learn a lot this season.

Our 5th round pick, 3rd pick of the draft, we picked up a back up RB Austin Wilson. Wilson has great carry, which is all we really wanted out of a RB if we were going to take one.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  4. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

Andrew Waters and Marcus Calloway are studs; I didn't think Waters would make it to me, and I don't have a need at DE, but he was the best player on the board for me. Keller took the DT I wanted at 32, so I went with the best Corner I had on the board and he looks good. Waters is an 87 OVR LE and Calloway is an 80 OVR CB. The rest of my picks pretty much blow. Not a single one is rated above a 70 OVR. I thought the FS would be solid, but all he has is 94 Hit power and is basically terrible everywhere else.

I really liked Dionte Jackson who had great size, speed and Hit power at OLB and he is a 67 OVR. just really disappointing draft for the Eagles.

5. Raidernation

Had Calloway pegged .... I thought he'd fall to me because of his speed. B's across the board nice scoop.

6. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

[​IMG]

MIAMI 2015 DRAFT CLASS
    PICK ROUND POS PLAYER NAME OVR PROGRESSION ADDITIONAL NOTES
    #33 Second WR Brady Burns 81 Superstar 5'9, 76 CTH, 86 RTE, 96 SPD, 95 AGI, 93 ACC, 91 JMV
    #68 Third CB Cordell Curtis 69 Normal 6'0, 81 MCV, 74 ZCV, 46 PRC, 80 PRS, 87 SPD, 84 ACC, 93 AGI
    #74 Third OC Cody Hughes 63 Normal 6'5, RBK 81, PBK 71, IBL 70, STR 81, SPD 61, ACC 64, AGI 53
    #82 Third WR P.J. Taylor 67 Slow 6'3, 87 CTH, 85 CIT, 86 SPC, 82 RLS, 70 STR, 86 AWR
    #114 Fourth CB Fillimore Randle 72 Slow 5'11, 64 MCV, 84 ZCV, 59 PRC, 74 PRS, 86 SPD, 88 ACC, 94 AGI
    #122 Fourth RG Terrence Willis 58 Normal 6'7, 75 RBK, 75 PBK, 88 IBL, 93 STR, 56 SPD, 62 ACC, 68 AGI
    #168 Sixth TE Saul Cinicola 56 Normal 6'3, 75 SPD, 65 STR, 21 AWR, 75 CTH, 80 CIT
    #176 Sixth FS Donovan Jones 66 Normal 65 MCV, 81 ZCV, 65 PRC, 54 PRS, 54 PUR, 85 SPD, 86 AGI
    #208 Seventh TE Timario Cargill 52 Normal 6'3, 77 SPD, 63 STR, 21 AWR, 74 CTH, 75 RLS

Overall I would characterize the draft as a major learning experience. I was not able to do any scouting so my plan was to acquire a few extra draft picks. Without knowing any attributes it was key I acquired a few extra picks.

My internet crapped out right before my first pick while I was trying to execute a trade. It was about pick #28 and I scrambled to log back into the console in time. I was not able to and the computer drafted 5'9 WR Brady Burns. I was pretty steamed missing my pick. I needed a WR but with only 4 on the roster and 3/4 being below 6'0 I wanted some size. The positive is that Burns ended up being my best player in the draft! He has superstar progression too. :)

I also goofed on my 5th round pick and did not get the pick in on time AGAIN! It forced me to trade down for 6th and 7th round pick. I was able to do some damage control with a trade with the Browns. I sent the 6th and the 7th to jump back into the early 6th round. Scouting is crucial, and if you don't have a draft board in front of you of your top 20-30 guys you are screwed. I learned that the hard way.

I think I did OK overall all things considered. None of the other guys who I drafted are spectacular. Most are projects, but I think Miami can work with a few of these guys to develop some decent players. PJ Taylor was a pretty good pick. He's a big WR, strong, and has great hands. Cordell Curtis has a solid skillset too but we'll need to work on his PRC.

The draft is a really fun experience. I'm almost as excited for the 2016 draft as I am for the upcoming season!

• Like Like x 2
  7. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

B Man coverage and B Play Rec; He had A speed for me, and A Agility with B Awr;

He ended up with 71 Hit power and and 68 strength which is solid;

8. Gravity

Gravity Hey, I'm Batman

I really only got two players this draft. I drafted Roman Hill at 4 and some OT who I can't remember at 26.
    Hill is a 78 and is going to be my Nickel corner until Tillman retires.
    I was planning on putting the OT, who is an 87 btw, at G or C. Didn't realize madden didn't let you do that. So now he will ride the pine until Carimi leaves next year and then he will start.

9. Raidernation

Really "A" speed .... That must mean the grades are based on schemes and not global ... Learn something new everyday. 71 & 68 that's premium.... Would have been nice.

10. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Bills draftees
    In order
    #6 - MLB Jordan Johnson - Buffalo moved up from #12 to #6 to acquire Johnson and is a true playmaker the Bills were looking for. Elite physical tools and can hit. Its hard to improve an already top 5 defensive unit, but the Bills brass thinks they have done so here.
    [​IMG]

#17 - LE Blaine Mason - It was clear that a priority for Buffalo was infusing quality depth along the defensive front in case of injury and to prepare the team for the eventual departures of Kyle Williams, Mark Anderson and less so, Mario Williams. Blaine Mason has an elite first step and flys to the ball. He will spend the season in pass rush packages only while he works on defending the run and continuing to build his arsenal of pass rush moves.

[​IMG]

#26 - DT - Treis Richardson - Buffalo struck again along the defensive line, this time at DT. The eventual successor to Kyle Williams, Richardson is already a complete player and game ready. He will see significant time to spell Dareus and Williams in the middle, or in case of injury. He still has holes in his game but he's an impact player down the road, without question.

[​IMG]

2nd round early (traded up) :( - WR - Derek Childers - Well, Buffalo really missed the mark here. Actually, the scouts missed the mark. A typo led the Bills brass to believe that Childers was a complete WR with a late first round grade. Unfortunately, that typo was SPEED. Childers is slower than most NFL TE's. Bills brass is not sure how they're going to get him on the field but there's no doubting his attributes outside of running. He just may not be fast enough to see much of the field.

[​IMG]

2nd round 25/26th - WR - Vincent Terry - Based in part on the Childers snafu AND the fact that Buffalo traded away highly productive Steve Johnson, the Bills brass believed they needed another WR. They think they may have some nice tools to develop with Terry. He gets off the press well for a young player, is big at 6'4, and is still adequately athletic to beat guys in the open field. Terry will push Cameron Cooper for time as the #3 target in the Bills offense.

[​IMG]

4th - LOLB/DE - Kelvin McGriff - This a player that Bills really loved due to his physical tools but he's very raw. He needs at least a season, if not 2, before he will see the field but his special teams play will be invaluable during that time.

[​IMG]

5th - RG - Zach Toscano - A developmental guard to work along the offensive line. Has okay tools with which to develop.

[​IMG]

6th - FS - Malik Hamilton - Another physical tools player that the Bills must develop. Can run and hit and even catch but recognition and coverage skills leave a lot to be desired. He needs time but will also be a nice special teams player in the interim.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
  11. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Keller did you get McGriff with your own 4th round pick? I had him on my list and somehow missed him. I thought he was gone already, makes me sad.

12. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

i want to say yes but I'm not sure - I know I didn't have a 3rd

13. dakota7

Not sure how I missed him....makes me mad.

14. Raidernation

tables suck...

15. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

HOF class by the Lions. Charles Rogers and Mike Williams PT 2

• Like Like x 1
  16. Raidernation

aka The Doobie Brothers ........ :lurking:

17. dakota7

[​IMG]
    ROUND PLAYER NAME OVR POS ADDITIONAL NOTES
    1 Darone Griffin 84 Tight End Stud. Gives the Broncos the over the middle, reliable tight end they've been missing since Shannon Sharpe retired. Needs to improve his run block
    2a Marquis Ahearn 75 MLB Fast run stuffer. Good tackler who needs work on getting off blocks.
    2b TRADED
    2c Santario Cornell 71 DE 3-4 Defensive end with great size/strength. Also needs work on getting off blocks.
    4a Cut
    4b Cedric Brown 70 HB Fast kid with great receiving ability, will be used as a change of pace and third down back.
    5a Joseph Bermand 65 SS Good tackler with nice speed, needs to work on coverage
    5b Jewone Smith 77 RT Only tackle left on our board, surprisingly good run blocker. Needs to improve pass protection, but could start eventually.
    6a Cut
    6b Cut
    7 Orlan Young 77 DT Pleasant surprise in the 7th round. Took a flyer on a kid with A strength.

18. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Jacksonville Draft Results
    [​IMG]
    ROUND PLAYER NAME OVR POS ADDITIONAL NOTES
    1 Taylor Bodkin 81 LT Moved to RT. Superstar Development. 12 Year Starter
    2 Ontarious Sims 71 LOLB Good LB Instincts, lacks explosive athleticism
    3 Scot Daniels 66 HB Raw, Physical Freak. 6'2"/234... 90 SPD, 96 AGL, 90 ELU, 83 STR, 86 TRK
    4 Anthony Lewis 69 WR Fast, Good hands, need to work on finer points of position
    5 Colton Carter 64 QB Project... 6'6", 94 Throw Power

Overall, not a great draft. Filled the RT need in a big way, but failed to fill needs for impact players at RE, TE, and LOLB. HB Daniels has coaching staff fired up with his size, speed, and strength.

19. Raidernation

How in the hell are all your tales even and correct but mine ?? WTF G, can someone throw me some light on this subject.

SHIT DOESNT WORK
    W T F

80 variations used in the edit for my draft update ..... can't get it right.

20. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Can't believe Bodkin fell to 16. I woulda moved up if I knew that'd happen.

21. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Yeah, he is a real beast... already bumped 3 points on his RBK. I actually thought he would go top 5. I was happy to say the least.

22. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

[​IMG]
    Houston Texans Draft
    Round 3: RB Lekambrick Hosware (68 OVR, 6'3"/255lb)- With the Texans needing a power runner they had to wait until the 3rd Round of the draft to finally get one. Their eyes were dead set on a 234lb Scot Daniels but The Richuation decided to pick him a couple of picks before the Texans could. Coach Saw was not worried because the #2 RB on their list was LSU's RB Lekambrick Hosware. When the pick was made Matrix Monkey was quoted, "I did not think he was going to be picked this early and I should have drafted him earlier." Hosware is a big boy and will be hard to take down in short yardage and goal line situations.

Round 4a: DT Dylan Brown (76 OVR, 6'2"/337lb)- After failing to snag a DT in free agency and not being able to work out a trade deal Coach Saw took Dylan Brown. Brown was projected to be picked up in the 2nd Round but fell all the way to the 4th. "When looking back through our notes we were actually surprised to see him fall. Dylan is very strong and has some raw talent that he will need to work on. Hopefully he has a strong showing through out the preseason because we are counting on him to back up Cam Thomas" Coach Saw said. Brown will definitely have to use his strength to his advantage or he will be a permanent bench warmer.​
    Round 4b: MLB Darius Kelly (67 OVR, 6'2"/241lb)- Yet another SEC football player was selected to the Houston Texans. This time Tennessee Volunteer MLB Darius Kelly was taken. Houston's original 1st Round pick was going to be used on MLB Jamel Gause, but they decided he would probably not be there at #12 so management decided to make a deal with Coach Keller and acquire WR Stevie Johnson, RG Shawn Lauvao, and a 3rd Round Pick. With only one MLB still on his list, Saw decided to go with the Kelly. "We really liked his zone coverage (74), and his tackling/hit power. The kid is athletic and will be developed by fellow LBs Brian Cushing, Javon Belcher, and Kelvin Sheppard." Look for him to be used only in situations where someone needs a breather.​
    Round 5: WR Jalen Pearson- CUT​
    Round 6: QB Tyrone Meyer (63 OVR, 6'1"/227lb)- With being an Alumn of Texas A&M, Tyrone Meyer was an easy choice after Shaun Mason snagged QB Kenny Medlock in the round before. Tyrone will struggle with all of his passes but he has a great arm, and can really confuse the defense during play action plays. If Matt Schaub goes down this season the Texans maybe in trouble. He will play in blow outs and if Schaubb goes down with an injury.​
    Round 7a: QB Paul Sansabaugh (AUTO PICKED)- CUT​
    Round 7b: CB Edmond Smith- CUT​

23. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

sawemoff I forgot to check his speed/acc after the draft...what is it? His INJ sucks though right?

24. sawemoff

sawemoff #FearTheBeard

Speed is 80
    Accel is 86
    Injury is 65

25. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Howsare was 2nd on my RB board. Love those bruisers.

• Like Like x 1