Draft Scouting Question

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by weblink21, Oct 26, 2009.

1. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Draft Scouting Question

When does a list of players come out that we will be able to scout for the draft this year? Has anyone ever played in a league where the have gotten to the draft? I am just curious because I was thinking that I would like to know the positions of the top players so I knew where I may be going with my first pick.

2. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

I dont believe you can see until your are actually in the draft. I play in another franchise and we just had the draft and I never saw anything before the draft.

3. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Really? That leaves a lot up to luck. Kind of scary. I was hoping to scout a little to make sure to get my kind of player.

4. Big D

Big D Walk On

Yes, and the draft classes are 'randomized'.....the players aren't they are actually createdby the EA team, but the classes are mixed up so you never know which one is coming.

5. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

So confused.... do you mean its like when you dont upload a draft class in an offline dynasty and they make up names and positions for you? if thats what you mean then that sucks, the best part of madden franchises is uploading draft classes. I think the commissioner should have the power to use draft classes they saved for their offline franchise and use them on the online franchises. Damn EA again trying to control EVERYTHING and run it though their servers which are overwhelmed and underpowered for that sort of work, but who am i to judge? Vast majority of madden players buy it every year and they say they listen but they really dont care. I am afraid to say it but when does that exclusive rights to NFL run out because only until they have some competition will they make more changes beside stupid gimmicks and updated rosters.
    whats more sad than that is this has been the best madden in years and its still just "average" compared to last generations madden gameplay. Hell it took them 3 years and a update to bring back defensive assignments. Ea needs 2Ks innovative development teams working on football games again so they can copy them like they did in the past.

6. maij17

maij17 PSN: MAIJ17

when drafting all players ratings are shown so you will know what type of player you are getting

7. wajomatik

Yeah it would be nice to be able to see next years draft class like in say week 10 so you could start looking to see who you want to take but I dont think this is something EA has incoprerated

8. Mags

Mags Former MEGA PC Commish

To clarify...

There are 32 pre-built draft classes made by EA. You don't know which one you are getting when it comes to draft time, but the one you will get is static. So the one that has Joe Wyoming in one league is the same in any other. All of the attributes, aside from potential I believe, are available to look at, so there are no major surprises.

EA also did the honor of naming guys like Joe Wyoming, and Boar Jackson (Bo Jackson)... I'm pretty sure guys have already made spreadsheets of the classes and who the studs are if you look.

BTW, I hate EA for this.

9. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

sucks...but we can get through it. is there any where to find these classes?

10. Mags

Nate, I think a few have been posted at OS. I'll take a look. I remember making a bookmark to one b/c I'd need it down the road to give to my guys. I'll look when I get home and see if I have it.

Basically, there's no 'guess' work in the draft. You get a class and all the attributes. The studs are guys with names like Tim Tribow, a Fast QB out of Florida. Go figure...

So, for purposes of 'knowing the class', you'd see that you were given the "Tim Tribow" draft class, and then just look at the rest of the guys listed for that class.

It's pretty terrible, takes all the fun out of the draft. But, it is what it is. Just so everyone knows what to expect going into it.

11. wajomatik

I was wondering that too, but I think they are randomly generated. I mean if it was the same for every league every year, I could look through my other league and see who the top rookies were but i doubt it is going to be the same

12. Mags

They are not randomly generated, they are static. The only randomness is which of the 32 classes you get.

So, for your statement, that's exactly what you can do. It's unfortunate, but that's how EA implemented it.

13. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

Off topic but wajomatik your pictures scares the shit out of me everytime I scan these forums.

14. wajomatik

lol...excellent its Jens Kidmann from the band Meshuggah, if you like metal they are by far the best