Draft Stars

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Kapono, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Any big surprises? First round busts? Immediate starters?

2. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

The Colts had 5 picks, our 2nd round pick was used on a 66 ovr. OLB. Our only star is somebody we're very excited about:
    WR Jordan Chaney - 80 ovr - Fast development. We took him at #17 despite him being the #3 WR in the draft. He's short and will start in the slot year 1 behind Hilton and Wayne. Hilton-Chaney should be an exciting combo for years to come. And Chaney is fast, possibly becoming the fastest receiver in the league immediately. Chaney will take over return duties from Hilton year 1.
    Screen shot 2014-10-19 at 10.59.37 PM.png

• Like Like x 4
  3. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

should have been moved to HB
    [​IMG]

Shouldn't have a problem keeping up
    [​IMG]

and my 1st rd pick
    [​IMG]

4. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Damn I knew he was going to be really good but that's crazy.

5. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

Speed every where in this draft class, hot damn... Except for my "Sub 4.3 LB" That WR/RB will be nice Jimmy; Dennard Robinson+

6. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

Round 1 pick 2
    [​IMG]
    Powell in my scheme is 82 overall and will be an instant starter.
    [​IMG] He is a very athletic outside LB that should be able to keep up w/ TEs and RBs
    [​IMG] Very happy with this pick. As a coach I want to improve his man and zone coverage skills.

Round 2 pick 2

[​IMG]
    Bloom in my scheme is 85 overall and will be an instant starter. We thought we missed out big time when Stallworth went to niuhuskie224 and the Bears, but we needed a LB more so we had to go that route in the 1st. Bloom was always our 2nd choice at QB and boy did he not disappoint.
    [​IMG]

Round 5 pick 10
    [​IMG] In Tampa we really needed a MLB and we watched a lot of good ones fall off the board. We would have taken one earlier, but we had to address other needs first. Pugh was projected a late 6th round pick, but he was our last MLB we had scouted, so we decided to act fast and take a chance on him a little bit earlier.
    [​IMG] I would say Pugh is Tampa's steal of the draft. He is very decent all around for a MLB. He is still very raw and needs to hit the weight room to get his strength up, but with superstar development and hard work ethic he should mold into a very nice MLB.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. nellycuz

nellycuz I'm an educated fool w/ $$ on my mind.

How do you land 3 stars!!!? LOL I only have one star development on my whole team!

8. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

I don't know man, but I was pumped! especially that late round MLB I couldn't believe he was.

9. charter04

charter04 Walk On

1rd 26th
    image.jpg

image.jpg

10. Black Republican

• Like Like x 3
  11. Ace847

Ace847 Walk On

12. charter04

charter04 Walk On

The CPU made that pick actually. I like him though. Romo is the starter but, he might retire after this year so I have the QB of the future

• Like Like x 1
  13. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Our first two picks were spent on CBs.

Starks and Fleming. They are both outstanding players. 80 and 81 overall in our D scheme.

97 and 98 speed, mid 90s acc, mid 80s man and zone coveage. 83 and 74 str, good press ratings for both. Jump for both is in the 90s.
    They are both 6'2 and 20 years old. Starks is fast dev, and Fleming is star dev.

We sorta thought we blew it with our G at 27 until we looked at his raw ability. 92 str 87 rb and impact, 72 psbk needs work. But he is a huge guy with very good attributes.

Our 3rd round pick was a 20 year old LT rated as a first round selection. He comes in at 77 overall mid 80s str rblk psbk and impact with star dev.

We took a WR in round 5 that is 6'4 224 i believe and he is 80 overall...his only downfall is 86 speed.

We also landed a TE and a DE that are depth players who can contribute and grow into starters at around 70 overall.

14. ptsbx1

ptsbx1 Walk On

The first 3 picks for the G-men will be starters this year
    1st rd pick Landry will start opposite of JPP to help create pressure that was lacking a year ago due to the aging Kiwinuka and Ayers.
    [​IMG]
    Looking to get more athletic with the linebacker position in the 2nd rd Kruger was taken and it was a chance that paid off, predicted to go in the 7th rd but with his speed ,Zone coverage, strength, and hit power he will start on the left side from day one and will consider moving him inside if Beason decides to retire at the end of the year.

[​IMG]
    Looking to upgrade the pourous O-line the Gmen went out and grabbed a gem with Spriggs he will start from day and hopefully will retire a Giant.
    [​IMG]
    Overall we thought we did well in the draft and even went as far as delegating the last couple picks.

15. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Screen shot 2014-10-20 at 2.46.57 PM.png
    Harris is a great run-blocker, but as of now we're a passing team. By next year, we'll hope to have an improved running game and work on Harris's pass blocking so he can start.

Screen shot 2014-10-20 at 2.48.45 PM.png
    OLB who's overall rating seems deceiving. Not too fast, but he can tackle. There's a good chance he could start at MLB this year.

16. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

CPU drafted him for me in the 1st round... listed as a 4-3 DE, but looks like a 3-4 OLB to me... STUD. Superstar Development. 98 Personality $$.

download (2).png

• Like Like x 3
  17. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

This just in, after insisting he was of no blood relationship, Ontarius is being investigated for wiring over three quarters of his signing bonus to this man...
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  18. mboda

mboda Walk On

Kansas City Chiefs Draft Review

1st Round
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We had a need at FS, we had hoped that Hatcher was gonna be faster but 89 speed is alright. Brandon Meriweather is projected to start at FS right now but Hatcher will get his chance to take his job at some point this season.

2nd Round
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We reached on Orleans because we had a big need at WR. A little disappointed with this pick. He has the tools to become a playmaker for us but needs some work before that happens.

3rd Round
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Another need for us was getting a player or two on the offensive line. Broussard needs a little work but is already a really good pass blocker. Just need to work on his impact and run blocking and he will be solid. He might start right away at guard.

4th Round
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Bernard has great speed and strength. We just need to work on a couple things with him and he could be something down the road.

5th Round
    LT Nelson Ajala was cut.

6th Round
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Really liked this pick. For a 6th rounder Bates came in better than expected. Great athlete and already is good in zone coverage and tackling. Could be something down the road.

7th Round
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Another great pick late in the draft. Sherrod has blazing speed and has great hit power right off the bat. Could see the field a bit in his rookie year.

19. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Where do you get these screen grabs of the players? I would like to post mine. Is it off the EA connected franchise site?

mboda Kapono The Richuation

20. mboda

mboda Walk On

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  21. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Just be sure not to click the teams up top, it brings you to a demo league and gets confusing.

22. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Better late than ever!

San Francisco entered the draft with three primary needs: NT, CB and HB. With its first pick the team selected 5'9" 242 pound LSU bowling ball of butcher knives Audre Cofield. He has emerged as the lead back in the San Fran rushing attack leading the team in rushing through four games. Next the team went all defense selecting CB Cordaveous Fletcher in the second round. He has seen a good amount thus far. Niners followed up the Fletcher pick by choosing three DT in a row to fill out is depleted position depth. The star of the group, and likley the draft, is Marek Crisp, who has 10 tackles and a sack through four games. Crisp has an ideal power and athleticism combination that could allow him to develop into a defensive terror.

See more about the San Fran draft here

Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

Update on Keland Pugh: I drafted Pugh in the 5th round at the MLB position. He has played very well this season. He is even outshining my 1st round pick Powell who plays LOLB. Pugh is leading my team with tackles and plays his role very well.

Stats: 38 tackles, 2 sacks, 1 FF, 1 FR (through 8 weeks)

• Like Like x 1
  24. Black Republican

stewart1.jpg

The Eagles moved up to grab Mr. Stewart in the 2015 Draft with hopes that he'd be the future duo tandem with M. Kendricks. Out of the box the Eagles staff knew they had a very raw talent. While Dakota has star dev trait, getting him out on the field and on special teams to maximize the amount of play on the field is key. We've been able to drive up his play rec and awareness rather quickly to get his football AI on the field up to par. He currently has 21 tackles which is roughly 6th on the team, he may have more if I wasn't usering him 90% of the game.
    All in all the initial grade to move up for Stewart had staff and fans upset, but it looks as if this guy will be the truth as projected, just gonna take slightly longer to get there, hopefully my kickoff of 2016!

• Like Like x 1
  25. charter04

charter04 Walk On

The Cowboys 1st round pick, QB Brett Hudson, is developing nicely and should be ready to step into the starting role next season if Tony Romo retires.
    Romo has 90Thp, 90SAC, 90MAC, 76DAC, 90PAC, and his consistency is in the 40's
    Hudson has 90THP, 89SAC, 83MAC, 78DAC, 74 PAC, and his consistency is 92. With SuperStar development he should be pretty close to Romo's ratings by the beginning of next season.

• Like Like x 1