Draft Status & Update

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Mags, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Mags

Mags Former MEGA PC Commish

Draft Status & Update

I posted this in the other thread but didn't want it to get buried...

Hey guys, sorry, I've been in meetings all day (finally got a break). Here's the deal... I just added 3 new owners. I want to give them a chance to get into their teams and look over the draft before we start doing anything. I also want to process the trades and traded picks already so that we have a proper draft order. We can do a forum draft, but that is pretty sloppy. So...

For right now, I'm moving the 'live' draft to Sunday night. This will give the new guys time to scout and manage their teams, and it'll get more people involved live as opposed to dealing with a weekday night.

If the Browns are ready to pick, and are keeping their pick, we can start drafting in the forums but not until then.

I'm still looking if I can quickly get this draft class into LP. I originally thought I could do it easily, but the online franchise site only displays the top 50 or so based on whatever filter is used. There's no way to see the entire draft class using the OF site, which really sucks. You can't filter by position either, which again, sucks.

If I can get LP loaded and everything set before Sun night, which I can b/c I'm off tomorrow, that'll be the best way for us to draft. Using a tool with the right picks, showing who is or isn't available LIVE.

I won't be simming the draft in the PS3 until we are actually done drafting. Once done, we'll sim the draft and deal with player movement when done.

In the meantime, trading is still going on and we have 3 new owners joining in so there might be more... As of right now, I have us at 32 teams (Anj is back as well as Luis).

I'm stuck in meetings for the rest of the day, but I'll be on later tonight. Shoot me a message if you have questions.. I do have my phone on me as well. I'm planning on putting the guys into LP with just OVR ratings, but I want to make sure the whole class is in there. If anyone has thoughts/suggestions, please let me know.

2. Stykman

Stykman RC & MEGA Historian

Yea...I have a question...

"Live" Part of draft on Sunday Night...

Where's that leave me and you when it comes to Big Blue v. My Birds?:eek:

3. Mags

Mags Former MEGA PC Commish

Hopefully it leaves me up a few TDs. ;)