Draft Stopped at End of 3rd

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Keller, Jan 23, 2012.

?

Draft tomorrow night or Sim?

Poll closed Jan 23, 2012.
  1. Draft at 9pm EST

11 vote(s)
    47.8%
  2. Sim rest of draft

12 vote(s)
    52.2%
  1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

We are stopping and taking a vote on what to do tomorrow night. Everyone was suggesting we sim the rest of the draft (as they're aren't very many good players left). We'll go with the majority.

Please vote on the poll.

Poll closes at 4pm EST.

2. JSimms

JSimms TLY Season 1 Champs!

If the vote results in finishing draft, should we then also vote on how many rounds (obviously doesn't make sense to do more than one or two more...)?

3. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Still got 2 players on my watch list....

4. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

I don't even have a fourth round pick, so I vote sim. Lets get FA rolling.

5. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

sim? serious? there is still so many good players in the draft, this shouldn't even be up for discussion. ugh

• Like Like x 2
  6. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Lol

7. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Here is an idea. finish the draft and from here on out limit the number of trades in a season. This draft was crazy. It should never take as long as it did to get through 3rds. 2 or 3 offseason trades and 1 in season and leave it at that. There are still a few players that can be apart of a team in the draft. I know im new to tmfl but limiting trades will make people take more time in choosing what trades they make and the draft wont take as long cause there wont be as many talks of trades during the draft. also stick to the time limit of picks 20 minutes for 1 pick is crazy

8. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I dont think the trade talk during was really slowing it down too much more than it would. Some people were taking awhile to make their picks, another issue was when we were trying to decide what player to take for cpu team or for a team whos user was unavailable. 90% of all the trades happened before the draft started.
    We need to crack down more on draft pick timers.

9. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Well I disagree with limiting the trades for teams, the tough part is for guys that aren't there, or for the CPU and trying to make sure they get the best they can to keep them attractive to teams. It took a while trying to figure all those out. So once we have every team filled it goes by quick. It took a while looking through rosters and trying to figure out players to fill those wholes and who makes the best fit. If you were inside the chat NDCOLTS you would have heard us literally trying to figure out what to go with for the people that weren't there or that we were texting waiting to hear back from. That's the tough part is waiting for responses from people. A lot have families or work and it takes a while for them to respond.

All of the "trade talk" that was going on in the draft happened long before people had their picks. I made deals about 5-7 picks before mine, as did most in the chat so it wasn't trade talk that slowed it down at all.

10. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

Seriously? Theres only eight B Pot players left with none of them being over 70 Overall. Lets move on please.

11. NDCOLTS1979

I wasnt in the chat and it was just a suggestion. Definately got to cut down on the draft time somehow. I understand that some couldnt make it but there has to be away to make it alot quicker.

12. NDCOLTS1979

You know there is more to these guys than potential and ovr. The DT i got in the 3rd rd will be better than most of the top rated dts. Its about certaing guys in certain systems with certain attributes. For the ones like Frisk who can see the talent in the guys who are low there is talent there. Just because a guy wont make it to the 90s ovr or high 80 dont mean they wont help some teams out

13. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Oh I have no problem with the suggestion and yeah I understand it does need to be quicker, I think it's more or less just keeping people to the timer, and I'll admit I am guilty of taking a little bit of time with mine, trying to go between my draft board and the available people and yeah I did take a while doing that. I think next time I need to have my draft board printed out to look at and see.

I do agree there is value still left in the draft with guys, and I can see getting some value in the draft, but I know a lot of people wanted to finish the draft so I said just SIM the rest of it, but if we drafted it, it wouldn't be the end of the world to me because I was able to redo my draft board after the draft and come up with about 10-12 more guys to add to it. I actually like my late 2nd round pick with my DT with his size he will do well in the big packages and can back up Keisel and Bunkley at DT.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  14. NDCOLTS1979

I understand that for sure. Twice the guy i wanted was taken right before my pick. Luckily i had my backup there everytime and was sweating my 3rd pick of my dt because i wanted him to fall and had no backup at that time

15. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

I agree we need to make it faster next time. I may have went a little over 2 min on my 2nd pick but only because nothing was being enforced, and we started 10 min late due to trading. We need to have a guy with a timer that is keeping track of the picks. Some of these picks were taking 5 to 10 min. Owners need to negotiate trade picks in advance of their pick, not during their pick.

16. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

Lol well you guys can have at em then

17. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

18. Masler

Masler Moderator

We should limit trading to an extent..

19. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

I am sick as a dog right now...

I managed to get my picks in last night by setting alarm clocks at the time I thought I would draft and then go back to sleep.

I would love to try to draft tonight to get some diamonds in the rough, but I am not sure I am going to make it without crashing.

20. Keller

Another option is to simply draft throughout the day and see how far we get?

Everyone should be able to draft via the XFN console on their phone so you can do it pretty much anywhere.

If we ARE going to continue drafting at 9pm tonight, do we want to go another 2 rounds? 3 rounds? All of it? Granted, things should move MUCH faster tonight, but still.

21. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I say draft through the day.

22. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

I agree with this.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

ya why not right?

24. Keller

The question being - at what point do I pick for another user?

25. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

If they are up, shoot them a pm or text, give em an hour, then pick I guess. 30 minutes if you want to be quicker. There was a chance they were going to get their pick simmed anyway