Draft Sunday at 11am EST

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Keller, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Unless I hear different we are going with Sunday at 11am as thats what most owners preferred/could make.

For those of you that can't I'm really sorry. The alternative is to go here. I'm sure you'll have to signup or something for it but once you've got it setup you can do your draft from any computer as long as you have an internet connection.

Also, if someone would like me to do their draft for them online, I can probably do that, I just need your online login info (Not your xbox stuff; its your account that you setup on that website.) If you don't trust me with it, I certainly understand, I just won't be able to do your draft for you. I know how important the draft is so I'm willing to do it for someone if I can, as long as you give me some parameters as to who you want to draft (IE, take the best LB available if they're over 75ovr, if not, take a DT.)

Its not perfect but its an option. I will be sending out invites to those that responded on the read and respond thread and contacting the owners that did not tonight and tomorrow so look for your invite before Saturday. Remember, the password is "tradition"

Also, if you have no created a roster management thread yet, please do so :thumbsup:

-Keller

2. NateDawg

NateDawg GT- MIZ Nighthawk

When I signed on to the Madden Dynasty Online page I didn't see anywhere that I can set my draft order choices. Do you think you have to advance to the off-season before that's available?

3. Keller

Yeah Nate, I have to get to the offseason before you can set your draft board. Unfortunately its not as in depth as you probably hope its going to be so if you've gotta go that route make sure you set your draft board like a real draft board because the CPU has no mercy.

Also, everyone remember that we DO allow CPU trades (not draft pick trades) so picking the best player available is a viable option. Let me give you a scenario to illustrate a best case scenario.

Lets say the Jets are CPU controlled and pick before you and you want a QB really badly but for whatever reason, despite the Jets already having Mark Sanchez, they draft like a 79ovr QB that you were just crazy about. Now you also know the Jets need a DT. So when your pick comes up, the best player available is a 79ovr DT. You figure that you can hopefully find a trade partner and if not, well, you figure you could use the guy anyway so you make the pick.

Now the draft is over and the season is kicking off soon and you're wanting to trade for a QB. You remember the Jets stole the one you wanted and that they also need a DT so you propose a trade for me and Chicken's approval: a role player (lets say a backup OLB) and your rookie DT for the CPU Jets rookie QB.

I'm going to approve that trade because the CPU is obviously retarded and didn't need a QB and you obviously do AND you're trading the CPU a young player at a position of need. Its a fair trade so I'm going to approve it. Make sense? Don't expect to trade a bunch of garbage and get that CPU's QB, however.

4. Subkontraktor

Subkontraktor Plays with Knives.

Will you be posting the draft order ahead of time?

5. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

How soon until we can access depth charts? Is the league available to sign into?

6. NateDawg

NateDawg GT- MIZ Nighthawk

The sooner you can advance to the off-season the better! I am going out of town tonight and I would love to be able to look at this before I go so I can figure out what I would like to do with my draft.

7. Keller

I will advance the league to the correct spot after work today.

I don't want people joining right this second because the file is not in the correct spot. I suppose if you really want to you can search for the league and join that way, you can, but I don't want people doing anything to their rosters so just don't make any changes if you decide to do that.

@Sub, I will post a draft order, yes, but you will be able to see that once you're logged into the actual league.

8. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

I'm confused, does the draft have to be done from the console? Because I will only be able to be on the computer.

9. Keller

Yankeery, do you have a copy of Madden yet? I'm not holding the Titans for you if you do not. Please be honest.

You can do the draft from either the console or the computer.

10. Keller

Official Draft Order:
    1. Cardinals
    2. Raiders
    3. Browns
    4. Bills
    5. Bucs
    6. Falcons
    7. Titans
    8. Bears
    9. Lions
    10. 49ers
    11. Rams
    12. Chiefs
    13. Jets
    14. Eagles
    15. Jaguars
    16. Cowboys
    17. Dolphins
    18. Steelers
    19. Bengals
    20. Panthers
    21. Seahawks
    22. Redskins
    23. Broncos
    24. Ravens
    25. Texans
    26. Giants
    27. Vikings
    28. Patriots
    29. Saints
    30. Chargers
    31. Colts
    32. Packers
    Remember, these games were ALL simmed.

11. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

I have madden, yes, i bought it again a couple days ago

12. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

Who are some players in the draft class?

13. Austin811

Austin811 Go Dbacks!

What happened to the Jets? 13! thats crazy, but Ill take it

14. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

what about the Hawks drafting 21????????????????????????????? you assholes that threw your simmed games to the Seahawks suck :)

15. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Number 3 pick, hmmmm this could really be interesting to what I decide to do with it, maybe trade it for a couple of 1st round picks if I can get it. Depending on who is there.

16. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

what are some players in the draft class?

17. ChickenOfTheSea

Yankery do you own a copy of Madden 11 and will you be in attendance at the Draft tomorrow?

18. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

yeah, i will be in attendance if i finish my hw (which i will)
    i own the game, yes

19. ChickenOfTheSea

Awesome. to see the current draft. login into madden and under the Player tab you will be able to goto your draft board or the live drafta nd view the players by overall, and position and all that good stuff.

20. yankeery25

yankeery25 Banned

oh, ok, thank you

21. Keller

Also, FYI, the maximum I can make the pick take each round is 60 seconds and it goes VERY quick. Please be ready before your pick to pick your player because if you're not, you may find that 60 seconds is not enough time.

22. stryder24

stryder24 Walk On

60 seconds.... perfect.. i was wondering if this was going to take hours... heh... 60 secs means an hour. tops for the draft right?

23. Keller

Yeah.

24. roll2tide

roll2tide Walk On

Imo, it goes SO fast and, unless tons of people signed in in the last day or so.....that we will have VERY little time between picks to adjust our "draft boards" so to speak since the CPU picks will fly by. Perhaps we could get a 30 sec pause on human picks for the 1st round or 2? For the humans that show up I'm sure none of us want to see our pick get made by the CPU just because a few CPU picks went by in a matter of seconds and by the time we even figure out who was taken we're below 30 secs and then scrambling to adjust.

We can also use mics and the draft chat to communicate and possibly get more time if needed. GL to all this morning.

Just my .02

25. Keller

I've seen that done in the past. I'm not opposed to pausing for 60 seconds if someone needs it.