Draft Talk

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Winuvas, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Draft Talk

I doubt most people will comment on this, but I'm curious to know: What positions/players are you guys looking at in this year's draft? It is a highly deep class as far as defensive speed goes, especially MLBs. I know with last year having so many LBs go early, I think this year will be no different.

Personally, I'm going best available player based on speed. I need so much on the Chiefs that I figure going with best player that is fast is a good idea.

What are your thoughts though, if you want to share?

2. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

All i have to say about the draft is Right here right now i am volunteering for the position of liaison between the board and the general owners...

Last season with mumble, with different channels etc etc etc, it made it extremly hard to figure who was up next and when we did get updates on who was drafted, it was spoken over mumble and EVERYBODY was two or three picks behind with the list we had. W/ google docs and there instant update ability it may not be a problem but i am willing to type out draft picks for everyone else to make things easier... it was the biggest complaint in the war room last season.

3. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

I agree about the mumble. I usually go BPA. I didn't know HOW important speed was in Madden 10 until after the last seasons draft so I will have to factor that in this year. I will have a top 5 pick again this year so I should get a good player. May even consider Ace Garrison if there. I am still not confident Flacco can play my style offense (what I have of one). I would guess that Grimes would go 1st. After that I am not sure who goes, but there are some killer safeties available. Had I known the safety class were this good, I would not have drafted one with my pick last year.

4. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

sssshhhhhhh

5. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Flacco eh? Hmmmmm....

6. VishaL

VishaL OMFL Eagles / PMFL Seahawks

Eagles looking to move up in the draft or get 2nd round pick, i have speed and skill at every position so lets make a deal

7. shuffman25

shuffman25 Walk On

I would be looking at moving picks for Defense/OL when the time comes

Also Matt Ryan will be available again for Defense but will wait to see how FA shakes up to see.

8. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

I am a draft freak, so i'll be looking to make some moves. I don't have a lot of player to dangle out there, but i know i'd like to move my SS Jones who is a playmaker and has been very very very good for me since coming over. I'd also entertain the idea of moving boss bailey, jon henderson, and one of my back up DE's.

I'd like to also move one of my rb's. It's getting too crowded back there.

9. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

I looked over the list last night and I think I know what player I want to fall to me, but it will depend on who is in front of me. I believe this guy plays like a Raven and will make my def.....I mean offense better. ;)

Looks like a great draft to pick up depth in the 2nd and 3rd rounds as well.

10. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Browns are looking to improve:

Receivers
    Offensive Line
    Defensive Backs
    Running Backs
    Linebackers

Browns looking to Shop:

Jamal Lewis
    Pierre Thomas
    1st and 2nd round draft picks

11. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

in draft: Secondary, Oline

12. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Sorry guys, but since I never make the playoffs, I get excited when I hear about the draft.

My top 10 available list (league wise and not Ravens related):

1-WR Dion Grimes - 84
    2-LE Lawrence Cross - 83
    3-FS Taurice Brown - 85
    4-CB Reggie Kenton - 80
    5-QB Ace Garrison - 81
    6-SS Pe'Shon Parker - 83
    7-FS Tai-ler Bernard 81
    8-HB Scooter Chapman - 84
    9-DT Twan McKinley - 80
    10- HB Tank Lockwood - 82

Thoughts?

13. Emmdotfrisk

1. Dion Grimes - TALL, BIG, STRONG, but beware only B potential, never gets higher than 89.

2. Lawrence Cross - Although he is top 5 player I think he is a late round pick.

3. Taurice Brown - A great choice for a team lacking secondary speed. He reminds me of Taylor Mays, athletic, fast, but not the best at his position.

4. Reggie Kenton - The most diverse secondary player of this years draft. He can play any position (SS, CB, FS) with a high level of skill.

5. Ace Garrison - Ace is the man. Rumored to be modeled after Joe Montana. Needs room for improvement so he will make mistakes. Reminds me of last years rookie Kelly James.

6. Peshon Parker - IMO the best defender of this years class. Very fast, strong and hits like a freight train. Rookie of the year next season depending on what team he goes to. Ravens???

7. Tai-ler Bernard - Another solid FS but progresses slightly slower than Taurice.

8. Scooter Chapman - Slotted to be the #1 HB of this class but I disagree. His speed will make him a Top 5 pick but his agility, accell, and strength should result in a slide to mid to late round 1.

9. Twan McKinley - Big boy in the middle that will go top 10. The best D lineman in this years draft.

10. Tank Lockwood - 99 Trucking but 84 speed. Runs like Ronnie Brown with a lot less speed. His lack of speed will get him taken mid to late 1st round.

14. natedawg212000

I am willing to do what i gotta do to get into the top 10. I'll pay the price i've gotta pay to get the player I want.

15. natedawg212000

web hit me up on AIM

16. Emmdotfrisk

Frisk's Projected Top 10 picks..

PICK TEAM
    1. [​IMG]
    2. [​IMG]
    3. [​IMG]
    4. [​IMG]
    5. [​IMG]
    6. [​IMG]
    7. [​IMG]
    8. [​IMG]
    9. [​IMG]
    10. [​IMG]

17. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I am willing to acquire draft picks for my players, especially high guys. I got my eyes on someone and need to lose to get higher up in the draft so I don't lose him. I'm in a wheeling and dealing mood, so please hit me up.

Be forewarned, though: If you want Bowe, please bring a good deal to the table. I learned from previous mistakes and won't be dealing my best players lightly, especially since this is the last year we'll be playing this franchise more than likely. This draft will be a lot of "best player available based on overall" I think more than the previous two drafts. Can't afford to take a middle of the road overall player in the last year we play if you are on the cusp of a championship type team.

I'm even willing to deal picks, but I am really valuing my draft picks this year. Talk to me via PM or AIM man. I want to be Dunlap-like. (y)

18. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Nate, I will hit you up as soon as my boss leaves and I can get on AIM. lol.

Wow, Emmo, your follow ups changed my top 10 that fast. I definitely need to move Cross, Brown and Chapman down (maybe out of the top 10) and move Garrison, Parker and Lockwood up. This is the thing that annoys me about Madden 10. I am not really in the market for a running back, but if I were I would LOVE to have a player like Lockwood on my team. He is my type of running back and the type of bruiser that I would love to have. Since we all know speed is the biggest factor in this game, it makes me afraid to take him because he will be eaten up by fast linebackers. Come on locomotion.

Also, how did you get the projected top 10? I thought the Panthers would be ahead of me because of the reverse alpabetical dumb thing.

Great thread to keep the board active Win!

19. Emmdotfrisk

Me and you think alike haha

THIS x2!!

If you go to the online hub and click the "owners" tab it lists the power rankings from top to bottom. I simply copied that for the "as of now" projected draft order, but the last week can change some things...

20. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

If I lose, I would go above Chargers in draft order at this point due to alphabet issues in my favor for once.

Can I have the Alberquerque Zebras as an NFL team? I can make em bad and I'd be guaranteed 1st pick overall with that mascot! lol

21. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

If push comes to shove, could always get a list of schools for the draft class (one thing I didn't do in my database) and we could do a podcast on it. I haven't done one in a very long time, and if the professional involved with it, Dunlap, would be willing and able to, we could do a draft podcast. Maybe even break it down into different areas. One podcast could be the QBs/RBs/WRs/TEs, next one could be LBs/CBs/safeties, third one could be trench guys (O/Dlinemen) with kickers/punters there as well, and then do a massive big board type of podcast with Dunlap and myself doing our best Mel Kiper Jr./Todd McShay impersonations with a mock draft.

Depends on if Dunlap is willing and able, though, and if I can get a list of the schools that each player goes to.

22. Emmdotfrisk

schools for the draft class?

23. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Yeah. I know on your draft class sheet you put up you had the schools that each draftee went to. That would help if we can get to do some draft podcasts for the league.

24. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

I will be fielding trade offers for my pick. I need a fast RB or WR included in the deal. Maybe not a 1 for 1, but something simple. I have learned (finally) that you need to keep your core team together and not trade for the sake of trading. This seasons Web would kick beginner Web's ass for some of his trades.

25. natedawg212000

Saints are willing to make a move for my guy. I'll give up whatever it took to get there. We'll just see if it happens. I never expected to get the guys I got last year, so we'll see.