Draft Update - Everyone MUST Read

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Keller, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

First of all I want to apologize to everyone - my weekend plans changed and fucked up everything for the draft tonight. I don't want to go into too many details but essentially I had the unique opportunity of spending some time with the site admins here at TSO and the EA Gamechanger program and so the TMFL had to be put on hold. I didn't mean for everyone to be left in the dark or anything like that at all but thats the way things sort of worked out. Again, my sincere apologies. It was a very unique opportunity that I couldn't pass up.

Now, after talking with 7 or 8 members of the league we've decided the best route at this juncture is to proceed with the XFN Draft Console 100%

What this means:

1) You have to be joined up on XFN in order to participate in the draft

2) I need everyone to cut down to 48 players ASAP so we can begin the draft process behind the teams.

3) Once we've started the draft process - you MUST MUST MUST ignore what is going on, on the console. You cannot play your games. You cannot manage your team on the console - don't do anything. Let XFN work its magic.

Heres the plan as it stands

1) Run a 'live' offseason night through the XFN console tomorrow, Monday, at say 9pm EST (this time is tentative currently.) This will allow us to get through the draft as fast as possible.

2) Anyone who cannot attend the draft can easily be drafted for. Either you can send your draft "board" to me or I can work with you via text/phone to make sure you get the players you want

3) The backup plan if the offseason night does not work out is to run an elongated, non-live draft process where we are submitting picks on the forum and then translating the results to XFN. It will be a much, much longer process and would be a pain in the ass but thats the backup plan.

4) Restricted FA starts right now. Your players will be released into Free Agency if you do not re-sign them RIGHT NOW. That means you MUST resign players that have contracts expiring.

Heres what I need:
    1) If you are not joined up on XFN - you must do that before the draft. As of right now I don't see anyone that hasn't joined, but I'm just trying to make sure.

2) You MUST be at 48 players BEFORE the draft Monday night. If you are not, the CPU will CUT PLAYERS FOR YOU AUTOMATICALLY. You will be FORCED to accept the consequences of whatever decisions the computer makes for you.

3) You MUST re-sign the players you want to keep before the draft. To re-sign players, go to Front Office then click the Sign/Release tab. The players that need to be re-signed are in red. If they are not re-signed, they will be dropped. If you can, you may also restructure contracts at this point for players under contract.

4) Post your availability in this thread for running a live draft. Remember that if we do not have a live draft, a non-live draft could take a VERY long time. Also remember that you can largely run your draft remotely from a PC or smart phone or in the worst case, call a fellow TMFLer and tell me who you want to pick so that I can do it for you.

5) Any draft pick trades have to be re-consummated - I need those posted in this thread. Please follow my post in there about how to accomplish this easily and effectively. If it is not done before the draft, you lose out on your compensation. Just propose the trades to have them ready for Monday night - once they are ready we will process them before the draft.

***UPDATE***

Currently, you cannot add/drop players on XFN - this creates a pretty big problem.

To get around this, I am having everyone post whatever players the want to keep in this thread.

From above:
    Basically you will still do this. Instead of actually doing this in XFN, post in the thread I linked to above but only post the GUYS YOU ARE KEEPING. We don't care about the guys you are releasing.

In a nutshell, here's whats going to happen:

1) Players will get dropped into FA.
    2) You have posted in the Restricted FA thread the guys you are keeping - that means these guys belong to you. If you do not do this, you do not own rights to the player you dropped.
    3) Before the draft, we will run restricted FA and pick back up the players that were inadvertently dropped.
    4) Run the draft.

2. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Will be good to go..even if i have to get Emmdotfrisk to help me

3. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

You mean 49 right? 49+7 = 56.

Also if I have 8 draft picks do I have to cut down to 48?

Draft Availability: Free pretty much anytime till Friday except 7:30-10pm EST Tuesday.

4. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I cannot release players on XFN, I get that error message that says I am not a member

5. DC

DC Shake n Bake

I won't be here. I'll need help

6. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

Keller

7. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I'm free the next two nights for a live draft.

8. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

I do draft either Monday or Tuesday night after 6 PM EST

9. Keller

If you've been following everything - essentially its not going to matter. Due to unforeseen circumstances, the CPU is going to auto cut from your team any RFA's anyway. We're going to have to have a short RFA period to pick back up the players we have rights to.

10. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

will be resigning new free agents at this time also.

11. Keller

New free agents will take place after the draft. Please accept my trade on the XFN console so I can get the draft picks squared away.

12. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Keller Do I need to drop the guys I am NOT resigning on the console before the draft?

13. Keller

No. XFN is going to drop every RFA you have for you - all we need to do is pick back up the guys we have rights to (the guys you list in the RFA thread.)

14. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

How are we drafting tonight? Is it through the XFN web-site? Are CPU picks picked by the CPU on their site? Just curious.

I have my RFS list at home, so once I'm done with work today I'll post who I want to resign.

15. Keller

Through XFN.

Not sure about the CPU - we'll tackle that as it comes up.

Thanks.

16. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

I am getting a message that reads. Invalid request. The EA server dose not permit trading in the offseason.

17. Keller

Please read back through my initial post.

You're not going to be able to drop them currently - thats why we are having you post in the Restricted FA thread who to keep. Basically, you're going to have to pick them back up tonight.

Hopefully that makes sense.

18. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Ya my fault really... probably could have waited to adavance past the SB:confused:

Didn't realize the heart burn it'd cause.

19. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

Got that but it won't let accept your trade.

20. Keller

I know - thats going to happen tonight before the draft. Just sit tight - everything is going according to plan

21. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Ya he was talking about trade, not RFA...

22. Keller

No way you could have known - though trust me it would have saved us a lot of TUMS.