Draft

Discussion in 'Quality Simulation Football' started by redlishus, Oct 27, 2013.

1. redlishus

redlishus PMFL Staff - El Guesser

Its the draft still planned for this upcoming Saturday with the delay in the wildcard round?

2. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

The 2014 draft will be either this Saturday or Sunday, 11/2 or 11/3, depending on when the other playoff rounds are completed. Turns out the 2015 draft will be on SUNDAY, 11/10, and not on Saturday as originally planned due to a commissioner conflict. Jim will address the league accordingly.

LtJustice
    Michael Overman

• Like Like x 1
  3. LLCoolGrey

LLCoolGrey Walk On

CHUNKNESS when we sim the season - do we practice for each week? or is it simmed straight through? Also, are the playoff games played?

4. CHUNKNESS

This should answer any questions that you have... ;) OFF-SEASON Q&A

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

If possible it would be great if the draft was next Sunday (3rd) night. I am scheduled to work Saturday night but on Sunday I get off at 7 central time. But I understand if it works better for more people on Saturday night.

6. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

At this point it depends on the post season. I would honestly be surprised if we are able to do it Saturday night, but that is the goal for this one. Sunday is the fall back day.

7. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

Alright, well I will pray for it to be Sunday lol.

Are you going to have a discussion on this at all? Seeing if more people could make it on Saturday or Sunday?

8. LtJustice

No. Sorry Alex, as I said we will be aiming for Saturday with a back up as Sunday.

9. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Just curious, what time we're you planning for if it's going to be on Sunday?

10. CHUNKNESS

same time 8pm EST

• Like Like x 3
  11. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

Coming from a team with two first round draft picks including #2 overall, I am also praying for a Sunday draft.

Saturday is no go for me.

12. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

So even if lets say 10 people say they couldn't make Saturday but only 5 said they couldn't make Sunday you wouldn't even consider making it Sunday so more people could be there?

13. Hulk_hagen_55

Hulk_hagen_55 Hulkamaniac

[​IMG] Ninersfan80 hey bud, while i understand this is not easy for all, it has been posted well two weeks in advance and it is a very solid time to fit in a 3 hour draft. sunday there tends to be more actualy contractually familial time restraints, and alows us to watch our nfl teams rather than just play as them. please understand that this is no easy task to decide upon by the commishes. level head level ship, and so far its been smooth sailing so trust the captian

• Like Like x 3
  14. Ninersfan80

Ninersfan80 Walk On

I'm not saying I have a problem with the draft time at all and I understand it has been planned. I was just wondering if it was better for more people to do it Sunday night why not do it Sunday night? If it is better for people to do it Saturday that is great. I'm not mad or anything that I would miss it if it was Saturday as planned.

I'm not trying to be a bother or wanting everything catered to me. It was a simple question. If more people can go for Saturday night I have no problem with it being Saturday night.

15. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

I just want to get to the off-season. This slow period is like a buzz kill!! Note to self: Make the fkng playoffs in 2015!!!

16. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

I have to take the warden out for her B-Day, FML...

17. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

if you can't make the draft you are more than welcome to trade me your picks. Your donations would help the cause of bringing in more talent to Indy :cool:

Jeremy
    CTfromDC
    Ninersfan80
    redlishus

18. LtJustice

Alex, while I can understand what you are saying, this is not up for debate. I will echo the words a smart man once uttered; This is not a dictatorship, but it is not a democracy either. History has shown it can be counter productive to a successful league to leave everything up to a popular vote. 32 different guys can have 32 different opinions. What about the ones that can't make either time. There is going to be no perfect time for everyone.

Despite all of this, the draft will probably end up being Sunday anyway, as we still have 3 rounds of postseason to get through as well as the off season stuff before the draft.

• Like Like x 5
  19. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

HAHAHAHA, Picture that Bruh

[​IMG]

20. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

LMAO at warden. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

• Like Like x 1
  21. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Noted.

Anyone want to collect a few 2014 draft picks (2,3,3,4) in exchange for 2015 picks? I'd rather have picks for a draft I'll be present at.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Warhawk AKA dreadman

Warhawk AKA dreadman Walk On

I'd take you up on that TJ

23. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I would definitely take you and anyone else up on that if I indeed cannot make the draft.