Draft

Discussion in '12th Man Football' started by thafuture3886, Nov 12, 2012.

1. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed the draft last night and how it really has a realistic feel when you go into it not knowing player overalls (unless you scouted it) and it's much more of a crap shoot in terms of how players turn out. Not to mention, late round steals and draft day trades and it's really a great feature. Props to EA on this one (y)

• Like Like x 6
  2. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

I agree completely...It was fun...I'm already looking forward to the next draft this week immensely

And we will playing football again by this weekend...Exciting times

• Like Like x 3
  3. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

4. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Draft Summary:

QB MATT WILLIAMS = QB JASON MERIAN

• Like Like x 2
  5. CHUNKNESS

somebody was paying attn (y)

6. CHUNKNESS

actually, it was QB JASON MERIAN = QB MATT WILLIAMS... ;)

7. saintsdave75

saintsdave75 Walk On

I thought it was a blast too, really like the mystery in the later rounds, well at least for me, all of the players I scouted were taken by round 5, hence why I drafted the Punter in the 5th, as he was my only scouted guy left lol

• Like Like x 3
  8. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

I am still getting used to the whole scouting process but, I have to agree, EA has done a good job. For those guys that really do the work, Doug and Jim come to mind, I know there are others who have run multiple CCMs and done their homework as well, it will really pay off, just like it should. I miss the draft guides we used to have in year's past because it made drafting easier...lol

9. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

My view on the draft:

Eager to pick, I was rudely awakened when mid-2nd round prospect (and shall I say, SUPERSTAR) MLB - Davis Foster was taken at #4 overall. This prompted me to send Aaron threatening YIMs.

I was forced to take BPA at #18 with my other 2 targets off the board (seriously people) by selecting Andre Reyez, the #1 prospect, yet oft injured player. At an 86 overall, I'm happy with the risk/reward.

At #29, I was not happy with the WR and CB prospects available, so I went to completely shore up my turnstile RT position and OL by selecting another lineman, Jayme Arnold. To my pleasant surprise, Arnold is quick developer and is already rated at an 83. With the addition of Duane Brown via free agency, and extending Unger for 5 years, my line is on it's way to protecting my shit Quarterback, Mark Sanchez, for the duration of this year's CCM.

Did I mention I hate Aaron?

**Disclaimer - Aaron's life was not threatened as it was implied in this post.

• Like Like x 1
  10. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

How can you tell if a player will develop quickly?

11. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

The development trait. (you can see this at the bottom of the progress player screen. It's usually the last or one of the last attributes)

12. CaptMoe

CaptMoe Walk On

Cool, thanks...

13. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

You can also spend 5000 XP on a prospect to find out. It's pretty pricey.