DRC Praises His Defense in Interview

Discussion in 'Game Summaries & Team News' started by ThaBayouChef, Nov 26, 2012.

1. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

It's been well documented how long of an off-season this has been for this league. Between natural disasters, Holidays, and changes by the front office; you would swear we have not seen action in over two seasons. That, however; was not enough to keep the Eagles' Dominique Rogers-Cromartie from telling ESPN anchor Ed Werder that he beileves his defense will not only NOT miss a beat, but improve in key areas as well. "I love the pieces that Coach Lazaroe has brought here." He said. "You look up front at our line and we have one of, if not THE best, defensive tackle in Fletcher Cox. Then on the outside T. Cole no doubt will hold it down, and my boy Vin Curry is an up-and-comer. I'm telling you guys, I've watched him in practice. He has great potential. Move on back now with me to our linebacking core. Demeco Ryans is back again calling the shots in the middle, but it's our outside guys you have to worry about. Mychal Kendricks and Bryan Rolle are an awesome, young 1-2 punch who play the pass as well as anyone I've see in those positions. I heard through the grapevine that there was an interest in both from various teams around the league this offseason, and I'm ecstatic our front office guys did what they had to do to keep them here. Now to our secondary. We were pretty good before the acquisition of Jerraud Powers from the Colts, but now we have depth and skill in a position we were somewhat thin in before. Myself and Nnamdi have embraced him and he will no doubt add to the greatness we are trying to build here. Then you have Nate-Dawg playing the back and holding things down over the middle. Another young up and comer in his 4th year out of USF. Let me just get out of here saying this, Ed; our D will be fierce and come out hungry. Last time we were on the field we gave up 20+ to a Seahawks offense. We haven't forgot that. We'll be ready to go against Tampa Bay this weekend and you'll see what a league leading defense looks like. Mark my words."

As you can see, huge words from DRC and now we'll just have to see if his team can back him up. He's earned his right to talk in this league, now he'll have to see if they can walk all the way back to another division title and hopefully more. Along with this defense, quarterback Ryan Tannehill will be making his debut for the Eagles tonight as well as receiver Denarius Moore. Exciting times in the city of brotherly love, as there are in the other 31 NFL cities tonight. All I can say personally is that I'm excited to get!!!!!!......

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5