Drift Scouting Inc - Top Recruiting Classes of Season 2

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by Drifterbub, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    1) Bowling Green

National Ranking: 16
    Top Signees: HB Ty Felder PS#2, ATH Dane Allen PS#11, ATH David Watkins PS#21, OLB Mike Ellison PS#13
    Bell Cow: HB Ty Felder

Why it's good: Major talent upgrades everywhere. Hopefully HB Ty Felder shows up on campus in August realizing that he is going to be the workhorse of Coach Drifter's offense for the next four years. Dane Allen provides a Percy-Harvin-Type athlete who will eventually settle into a running back role along with JUCO signee Brandon Estes (PS#54 ATH). WR Andrew Kendrick (PS#59 ATH) will line up as the #2 option opposite David Watkins and provide a tremendous upgrade at the skill positions. LB Mike Ellison is an instant starter and :4stars: DE Cedric Thomas (PS#7) is a sack machine hybrid end that will be a star in the future. This class makes Bowling Green not only a different team, but provides so many more dynamics to the offense that will keep defensive coordinators in the MAC up at night. The term 'Talent Upgrade' is often an overused, but 4 out of the top 5 players on the Falcon's roster hail from this class.

2) UCF

National Ranking: 30
    Top Signees: QB Eric Williams PS#2, HB Jason Andrews PS#27, ATH Jacob Reed PS#19
    Bell Cow: QB Eric Williams

Why it's good: Quality everywhere. Eric Williams is one of the nation's best dual-threat QB prospects in this class while HBs Jason Andrews and Leonard Black (PS#40) found an excellent package that quell need at RB both now and in the future. ATH Jason Reed projects as a slot guy in Coach Bond's offense and will provide a middle of the field threat. This class addresses the depth issues at OL with the signing of G John Davis (PS#18) and T Terry Parker (PS#76). The sleeper of the class could be :3stars: OLB John Britt (PS#33) who has athletic ability to spare and already possesses a pro build at 6'6'' 236 lbs. Britt was overlooked by a lot of SEC schools since he played high school football in a small town in Georgia, but I'm sure Coach Bond is happy he landed in C-USA.
    3) Rice

National Ranking: 34
    Top Signees: ATH Eric Quinn PS#12, DE John Anderson PS#55
    Bell Cow: DE John Anderson

Why it's good: Mission Depth Accomplished. A few of these guys will break the two deep as the Owls break fall camp, but none of them are going to see a lot of instant playing time. DEs John Anderson and Robert Peopls (PS#39) add some talented pass rushers for the future. OLBs Pedro Davis (PS#85), Shannon Warren (PS#48) and OLB Nick Washington (PS#69) are all very athletic and contribute different strengths to the LB corps. Mammoth T Clint Parker (PS# 39), G Kevin Galloway (PS#29) and G Thomas Williams (PS#49) are all very solid (and huge) prospects that could develop as a nucleus for the OL unit in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Nice writeup, though you missed my 4* WR Lee. He is my slot this year. and LB Washington was moved to MLB and he is the starter. CB Atkins was huge, he is the Nickel corner. But ya, most of my class was depth and future starters.

3. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I don't think your sheet was updated...

4. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

hmm shit, lemme fix it