Drifter et al., interesting OFL Recruiting Rules

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by theSANDMAN215, Feb 26, 2009.

1. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

Drifter et al., interesting OFL Recruiting Rules

They are interesting b/c it really makes you get your games in and play straight. Also, it allows the CPU to continue to get solid players. Thoughts? Not saying we should implement them, but I just found it interesting.

2. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I do think they are interesting. However, I think there would need to be some big tweaks if we were to ever pick something like that up.

3. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

I think we might have at most 3-4 seasons after this yr so i would say lets just stick to what we have and maybe look into something like theirs when '10 drops.

4. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

The deal with limiting recruits stinks imho. I play this game for the most part now to recruit.

I have played soooo many games now that they are second to me behind chasing new players and then seeing how they perform on the gridiron.

I like the limits we have in this league and like the no limit recruiting we have in trad 1 even more....it is what makes this game different from the rest.

5. HoosierHoo

HoosierHoo Walk On

Yeah, I'm with Bruce on this one. I think the limits we've worked out in this league are a great middle ground. For me, probably over half the fun of the game is desperately chasing that 5 star stud HB. If I was suddenly told I was only allowed to have one or two 5 star recruits a year, it would take away much of the fun of NCAA.

Sure, it probably makes the CPU more competitive, BUT AT THE COST OF OUR SOULS!!!!!! :HoosierHoo:

6. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

recruiting limits suck...... you should be able to go after who you want to go after.... with that said... the recruiting rules we have make sense, despite my dislike for them, the OFFL recruiting rules seem a bit extreme from afar.... recruiting is 70 percent of the challenge, with user conference games the other portion...

7. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

The way we beat the shit out of the CPU also hurts their recruiting.

8. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I would have to agree.

I would hate having absolutely zero recruiting restrictions. I think over-recruiting is really silly. I think if we were to do the things we do know from the beginning, the CPU would still be a bit better.

Hopefully in 2010, they fix some of these issues.

9. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

the way the CPU recruits hurts their recruitin more than losing a couple of games a year to Human teams hurts them... have you seen some of their draft classes? they will bring in 5 QB's 3 wrs.. but ZERO RBs.... their recruiting tendencies need to be fixed....