Drop % year over year

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by Keller, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

So I was curious today what the Drop % would look like with the new slight change to the sliders our fearless leader made last season.

I believe all he did was drop WR catching 5 points. I thought it was going to make an absolutely HUGE impact after i played in week 1 and my guys couldn't hold onto anything. The numbers though aren't really showing a huge difference, at least not yet.

2. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

What is the NFL drop %?

3. Keller

Can't find any hard data on it but from the look of it it ranges from 3% all the way up to 14 or 15% - So I'm guessing the average is in the middle somewhere 7 or 8% maybe. No way of knowing without being able to look at drop #'s, which I cannot find.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcsouth/post/_/id/43467/guess-who-leads-nfl-in-dropped-passes-10
    http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/07/02/three-years-of-drop-rate-wide-receivers/

4. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

• Like Like x 1
  5. Keller

6. Keller

Looks like I was spot on with 7 or 8%

7. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

So, our drop % is high and our completion % is low... And despite that, our yards per attempt is sky high... Not sure what else Shaun can do. Can pass D be cranked?

8. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Already was as far as I know

9. Baron

Baron "I'm PFP's reckoning."

Does yards per attempt factor in YAC?

10. Keller

I said before we even started the first file that getting realistic stats is basically impossible. YPA or YPC is ALWAYS going to be crazy. That alone skews things so out of whack. Thats not to mention that the total number of receptions last year nearly DOUBLED our numbers for S4.

Its just not possible, I dont care what the sliders are. My point has always been to try and make it realistic, sure, but just make sure the experience is as enjoyable as it can be for everyone.

11. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

I think we are currently as close as we can be... im happy with the sliders, despite throwing a hundred picks this cycle

• Like Like x 1
  12. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

In the moment, its incredibly frustrating as Ryan Mallett overthrows open receivers. But on the large scale, its much more realistic that he does. Until deep safety logic is fixed, not just in Madden but NCAA as well, it will be very hard to keep the averages down....imo

13. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Golden Taint with at least 4 drops today .... But I was like 17-24 or something so it works out in the end. Some guys can't help but chuck it down field a ton , I think this season has out best balance. No real offensive mind boggling stats so far.

Defense is another story lol