Dropped Passes?!?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by DeepSeaInc, Oct 18, 2009.

1. DeepSeaInc

DeepSeaInc Guest

Dropped Passes?!?

I'm getting so frustrated. Is everyone averaging 6 dropped passes a game or is it just me? It's not even only in this league, in my other dynasty I dropped 6 friggin passes in the opening game. I've dropped at least 5 every game, 7 in one, 6 in another. It's getting ridiculous. Not to mention the fact that my linemen are friggin dancing on the line, missing convenient blocks to turn the momentum. I've just never started this bad, and I came so close to beating Florida but everyone was dropping catches and Florida's guys were not. I just feel like I'm getting screwed by the AI.

2. DeepSeaInc

DeepSeaInc Guest

FYI, i'm not just trying to be a whiny bitch. I really would like to know if anyone else is noticing this? It seems that right when I change up from Run to PA, I get wide open and then miss a HUGE opportunity with a drop, and waaaayyyyy too frequently.

3. stylez777

stylez777 Guest

I can't say I've had that big of a problem with it. I've had issues with my QB missing wide open receivers. As far as drops I've had some on deep throws or when my WR gets hit while catching but nothing out of football norm for me.

4. DeepSeaInc

DeepSeaInc Guest

Gotcha. I'm just wondering if I'm waiting to call the PA too long. Say I setup 6-8 run plays back to back that have been successful, then I call a PA, it seems to me that the D bites hard on the fake, I get a WR open, deliver it, and watch it fall through his hands. Happened twice in the endzone this last game, and at least once a week in the endzone all the previous games. My WRs are fast, good hands at least for CTH rating. I know I haven't been playing this game all that long, but I'm not a football noob either and this ain't my first rodeo. I'll try again next week and see if this continues, but 5 or 6 dropped passes a game is trying on my patience.

5. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

I have had a couple games where I would have a few drops but nothing that seems too excessive.

6. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I've had a few drops, but really only when my receivers are getting hit, other than that I really don't have many drops except from my 4th or 5th wrs.

7. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

It all depends IMO...I normally don't have a ton of them but this last week in the E League (I use Oklahoma) I played Texas and had a TON of drops. If I recall correctly it was over 10. It was killer. I lost the game by 3. Ugh...

8. DeepSeaInc

DeepSeaInc Guest

Yeah, it really makes it difficult to win against a good team when you drop 3rd down passes. Not to mention that I start to avoid throwing to my 2 starting WRs because one had 3 drops, the other 2, then get picked off alot more when the ball bounces off my 3rd or 4th WR's hands.

9. JHeb

JHeb Sooner Magic

Be sure you let the guys catch the ball before trying to run with it...I have no evidence this causes guys to drop the ball but I swear they drop more when I'm in a hurry to get the guy going after the catch...Anyone else notice this or is it just me?