Dropping Passes?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by DeepSeaInc, Oct 18, 2009.

1. DeepSeaInc

DeepSeaInc Guest

Dropping Passes?

Is anyone else dropping mad passes? I won my game with Wisconsin, but no thanks to WRs and TEs dropping passes. I dropped 6 passes in this game, 2 in the endzone, 2 on HUGE gains, 2 dinkers. I'm also having this problem in my other dynasty and it's starting to really piss me off. It just feels like the AI is adjusting to my run game by making my WRs drop the ball. It's just unbelievable the frequency which this occurs, and my guys all have high 80's catching ability. What is everyone else averaging in dropped passes category?

2. ThaEra25

ThaEra25 Oregon=Longhorn Country

I personally havent noticed this to be an issue. I think I had one against Oregon but that was due to contact.

3. DeepSeaInc

DeepSeaInc Guest

I really don't know what I'm doing wrong.... I can successfully initiate the run, and when I decide to initiate a PA, I get open or get the ball right to my guys hands drops it. We've only played one game this season and I had 6, in my other dynasty it is way worse. Every time it happens, it seems like its on a big play and I drop a TD pass.

It's the frequency of the occurrence that gets me riled up. Perhaps I should employ the PA sooner? I don't know, but it's getting me to think that the frequency in which I call Run vs Pass plays is a factor in it... we'll see how this plays out.

4. stylez777

stylez777 Guest

Try changing the catching in your gameplan section from normal to Conservative. They seem to catch better when set to that.

5. DeepSeaInc

DeepSeaInc Guest

Thanks for the tip. I'll try that for sure, anything to help!!!

6. ThaEra25

Good point...What do you have your gameplan feature set too? I role with normal settings for Catch. Do you try to user catch any of your passes?

7. TotalDoubt

TotalDoubt Guest

I have the normal settings on and I have anywhere from 3-7 drops per game.

8. wildcatter78

wildcatter78 Walk On

Yeah, I had 6-7 consecutive in a game last year and Sam Bradford was my QB. It was insane.

9. ThaEra25

Anybody else having an issue with dropped passes?

Let me also take this time to ask if yall think we should adjust any of our sliders???

10. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

meh. I run a lot and have terrible WRs. hard for me to weigh in on this.

11. DeepSeaInc

DeepSeaInc Guest

I'm just not sure... I'm new to NCAA 10, but I'm getting dropped passed like crazy on Big plays in both dynasties, and was just really curious if I was alone on this. I was using "Normal", and I have some damn good WRs too, doesn't seem like that would help them get drafted to the NFL with all those drops..... Keeping the Sim mentality, I think a few dropped passes would be expected, especially on contact, but I'm dropping some Open looks consistently.

I wonder if this is more of an issue when it's Human vs CPU than Human vs Human.