Drops

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by Shaun Mason, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Drops

Interesting Info:

Going of memory now, I looked earlier.

I have thrown about 403 passes, and my receivers have dropped 50 of them.

That is 12.4%

SMU has passed like 583 times and they have 16 dropped passes.

That is 2.7%

--

I know they have better recievers, but not that much better.:) I have one receiver who has more drops than all of SMU.

So, can we bump the WR Catching up a bit? My completion percentage is 48% (195/403), making the drops equitable would raise it to 55%, which is more realistic, IMO.

2. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

Would the CPU pass coverage be bumped up also?

3. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    They cover just fine in my opinion.

4. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

While I wouldn't be averse to it, I don't think I'm having an issue with drops. I have 14 drops on about 200 pass attempts, so maybe that's high but it doesn't seem noticeable during the games.

5. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

Just for my curiosity I looked up my passing and dropped passes stats. The stats don't update for the most recent game, but going into my most recent game, I had thrown the ball 414 times. I have 53 drops from my receivers.

So, I have thrown the ball 414 times, with 53 drops, going into my most recently played game. That comes out to 12.8%. My QB has a completion percentage of 55%.

I love the sliders, so I really have no complaints about it. I was just doing this for my own curiosity and to help out if Drifter wanted to use my stats as a guideline for anything.

6. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

I have attempted 241 and have 27 drops at 11%

7. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I don't have a lot of drops either.

It's funny that you have so many drops. I only dropped the WR catching three weeks ago.

8. theSANDMAN215

I'm fine with mine. Sure, it is a lot, but it could be a number of factors. In real life, guys drop wide open passes, it's just part of the game.

I'd rather not mess with the sliders.

9. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Haha, it's not funny when you hit a guy WIDE open for a touchdown only to have him let the ball bounce off his face.

:)

10. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

it's only funny when it's Duke

11. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

It's interesting that some guys have the same 11-12% range on drops. Guess that's why it's a computer game. What are the catching ratings for your WR's Shaun? Also, in `10, I felt like sometimes WR drops had more to do with QB accuracy than the WR catching rating. I theorized that it was EAs way of making up for an inaccurate QB. Just a hypothesis though.

12. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

I feel your pain on that.... down 7 late in the 4th quarter....My slot Wr drops a touchdown pass against Kansas next play my QB get blindsided fumbles and the Jayhawks take it back to the house.. game over...

13. GoGators

This looked like as good a place as any so I'll put this here.

I think the CPU INT slider should get bumped up a bit. I've seen them drop way too many balls thrown right to them.

14. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

I feel like this whole league is out of balance IMO...

The sliders are set to give guys like Gators/Lawdog a challenge, but they have the best teams in the dynasty... So it leaves guys like me (not very good to begin with) with one of the worst teams, struggling to do anything. Drops, fumbles, horrible route running, terrible pass protection all plague my offense.

The drops are are difficult to swallow... they are magnified to an extreme when your dealing with poor teams. The impact can be felt on nearly ever series for me. In the first half of my Maryland game.. i had 1 completion and 4 drops.

I can't take playing another game like that... wasn't fun or fair really.

15. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:

Offer a solution... What do you think we should do?

There is a balance issue, but that is what everyone signed up for with this setup. I expressed balance concerns multiple times before and during the vote for this setup. Everyone was cool with not having the talent to compete for championships at first. That's the whole idea.

If we bump up user catching, we are going to have to jack up CPU pass defense and INTs. And even then I don't think it will work right... In fact, I believe that is where we were before we moved to the slider set we have now.

16. theSANDMAN215

Yeah, I agree on this one too. I've thrown a bunch right in the CPU's hands only to have them drop it. I'd say move it up 5?

17. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

not having the talent is totally different than being handicapped....

I'm fine with losing because i suck, but losing because the settings are set to make my shotty WR's drop half the balls that hit them in the hands is too frustrating for words.

It will be vicious cycle, bad teams will get poor performance as well as a settings handicap and continue to struggle to get any good recruits to solve the problem with the settings. While the good teams will play well, not struggle too much with the settings because their players are higher caliber, and continue to increase the prestige of their program while grabbing all the good players.

Soon, i will be a 1 star program winning 1 game a year. (maybe this season)

18. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

i don't have a solution.. im just stating that the way things are now, playing with Virginia is not much fun for an average player like me. I got no shot.

19. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    So you are saying you want to switch teams?

20. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

no, that's not fair to everyone else. The setup is what it is.. there's really nowhere for me to go as it stands.

i'll just muddle along with my 8-24 for 100 yards passing days.

21. GoGators

Default Heisman?!?!?

In the past, I've always played this game on heisman. I'd tried peoples sliders for AA and stuff but never got good games from it. Reason being, just like Ryno is pointing out, typically when you mess with sliders you mess with the games balance. You can make it tougher to run, but people will just run more speed options or sweeps. You can make it tougher to pass, but people will just run more slot posts. Everybody here loves AA and I guess I could understand it in years past when sometimes Heisman would be unbearable due to robo QB and stuff like that, but this years game feels different. I feel like heisman is the only way the cpu can overcome it's AI flaws, (running speed options on 3rd and 12 w/a 70 spd QB).

In one of the first OD's I played in, not here, the sliders got adjusted by bumping all the user stuff to 45 and all the cpu stuff up to 60 or 70. Maybe something like that could help with the issues some are having.

Sorry if I got off topic here and don't make sense. Just woke up haha.

22. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    The "balance" he speaks of is not gameplay balance, it's the fact that we have to tune the sliders to be difficult due to the spread of the talent of user teams...

So what he is saying is that you are fucking the whole thing up. :)

23. GoGators

Oh hahaha, my bad. Maybe pass / run commit will help :thingnana:

There is an issue w/CPU passing I think though. The past 2 CPU games the CPU has only had 3 incomplete passes out of like 60, and one was a user INT I made. A 95% completion rating over 2 games on 60 attempts isn't very realistic. But I do think the CPU INT rating needs to be bumped as well.

24. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I don't think anyone expected ole miss to be so good recruiting wise, or for mizzou to be so overrated offensively (they started with 4 qbs better than the starters for most of us-excluding bond). Those two are going to definitely be difficult for the rest of us to keep up with long term.

25. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    Moving to Heisman won't fix the team disparity. The guys with the bad teams understand that we are going to struggle. Ryno just feels as if the struggle is unfair. I can relate to that, but we really don't have that many options.

The only solution I can see right now is for me to start experimenting with the sliders. If we want to eliminate the drops, we are going to have to do something else to keep the pass comp % from going through the roof...