Dru50's Roster Analysis

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Dru50, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Well, I had some time this weekend and was doing some analysis of everyone's rosters and I looked at it 3 ways. I ranked the rosters in each case by position, with the team with the strongest position getting 1 point and the team with the weakest getting 11 points. This way, if someone is stacked at one position but light in another (as we'll see below) it comes out in the analysis.

2012 Rosters
    • Not surprisingly, the best teams are in the B1G, with PSU, Michigan, Wisconsin and Ohio St stacked this year.
    • Stanford and USC have the offenses to hang with the top B1G teams (Stanford had the #1 offense and USC was #4), both are behind the top 4 B1G defensively.
    • Stanford is loaded with offensive talent - Cheez shame on you for sucking at passing so bad - and PSU is head and shoulders better than everyone else in defensive talent.
    • Stanford and Wisconsin are great on offense and have killer front 7's on defense, but what may kill them both in the long run is some real lack of CB's. Only Arizona and WSU have worse CB groups than those two teams
    • There is a definite talent gap between USC/Stanford/the B1G teams and the remaining 4 Pac-12 squads, and unfortunately for gowazzucougs the Cougars are really behind the 8 ball in talent. Quite honestly if Forrest can win a user game in the next 2-3 seasons, it will be a HUGE accomplishment.
    Future Rosters - without Seniors
    • The top 5 teams aren't that much different, aside from the fact that Michigan looks to be affected the most by seniors leaving after this year.
    • The top offenses (Stanford/Wisconsin) and defenses (PSU/OSU) look to be strong again heading into next year due to really good junior depth on those teams.
    • Arizona and UCLA better hit the recruiting trail hard, because after the seniors (and juniors later on) start graduating, the talent difference between them and WSU really begins to shrink.
    Future Rosters - without Juniors or Seniors
    • Here is where we start seeing some changes. Penn St is still the best loaded team with a lot of good sophomore's and freshman at each position. If whygodwhy1111 doesn't win a national title in the next 3 seasons I will be very surprised.
    • The biggest change is that Stanford's offensive talent really takes a hit, especially at QB and WR.
    • USC's young offensive talent looks to be way ahead of the field among the freshman and sophomores.
    • If WSU recruits any 2 star talent, I think he will be competing by year 4 with UCLA and Arizona, unless those two schools really step it up in the recruiting area. These 3 schools have some serious holes in their rosters after the seniors/juniors, so some smart recruiting is going to be key.

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Nice analysis Dru50

But in defense of UCLA recruiting wise, when you start a 2 stars, you have to take who you can. It might take a while but we'll field a team that can compete at some point. We don't have the luxury of hand picking 5 stars like some schools :p Shoot, im still looking for my first 4 star to sign!

3. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Might get that rb if I can't close him in week 7s visit. You have a nice lead at 160 pts.

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

You and Cheez keep grabbing all the 4 stars I go after...thats going to change in the coming years I promise you!

5. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

i still think you're gonna snag that guard from me that I couldnt recruit in week 4 because of the glitch..

6. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

[​IMG]

7. Cheez

recchem2000

Oh no, it's ok - i'll just take a 4 star corner instead if I don't get him. Besides, I already have one - how many guards do I need? ;)

8. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

exactly...so quit jacking with my recruits!!!

9. Cheez

it's more fun this way. you know, keeping the little schools down and such.

you know, it's fun being the bully :)

10. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Little school, thats funny...lets talk in a few seasons and see where we both are ok :D

11. Roogy

Roogy Walk On

Oh come on, you know you wish you had Arizona's talent!!!!

[​IMG]

12. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

I like the analysis. From a personal standpoint, MSU has to work hard with recruiting to stay squarely in the middle of the pack. In the long run I see us staying just barely ahead of WSU, Arizona, and UCLA in talent, for the next few years.