Dru's Random Question #2 - Who is the most disruptive defender in the league?

Discussion in 'The Baseline : NBA 2K14 Online Association' started by Dru50, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

For our next question, we ask which defender gives you the most fits when you have to match up against them? Here are the candidates:

Dwight Howard, C, Orlando Magic - Averaging 1.4 blocks and 1 steal per game, which are below his normal standards, but this is Dwight so he gets on this list.

Josh Smith, SF/PF, Portland Trailblazers - Averaging 1.6 steals and 1.7 blocks, he has keyed a turnaround in the Rose City since the trade committee let BBJ rape.....er.....trade with the Hawks for his services.

Tyrus Thomas, PF/C, Golden St Warriors - Leading the league in blocks per game with 2.2, his presence has been especially felt in user games and he has changed the culture in the Bay Area.

Chris Paul, PG, LA Clippers - Leading the league in steals with a ridiculous 5.3 per game (if you can believe it that is nearly 1 more than he gets assists per game!). I don't know how much CP3's hyper-aggressive stealing mentality helps the overall team defense, but he is taking away the ball at a record pace.

John Wall, PG, Washington Wizards - 2nd in the league in steals with 3.8 per game, which would set an NBA record if not for CP3's season thus far.

I'd like everyone to vote on someone other than your own guy, and it would be great if you could each post some thoughts on why you picked the guy you did.

2. Dru50

Crap - I forgot to post the poll....just post your pick and I'll update the main post with the results.

3. Dru50

My vote goes to Bondzai 's boy, Dwight Howard. When I played him, the few times I dared to venture into the paint for a shot, Dwight would send that stuff flying to the 8th row. I just couldn't get anything in the paint.

I would have voted for CP3, but I think that Matrix is so aggressive trying to strip the ball with him, that once you account for that it makes his defense a bit too easy to pick apart.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  4. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

my vote goes to Thomas.... he seemed to give Bargs the biggest fits down low.....

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Of the guys on this list, Tyrus Thomas gave me the most issues.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Yeah, Tyrus Thomas had something like 7 blocks against me. My vote definitely goes to him.

7. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Haven't played anyone in this list yet besides Wall, and I fouled him out twice, so I won't vote for him. I guess I will vote for Tyrus since he leads to the league in blocks, and Chris Paul can just be drove around I have been told.

8. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Toss up between Smith and Paul. Smith was dominant against me and had a couple rejections I think. He shut down the inside. Paul made it very difficult to run my offense. He was in Jrue and Lou's faces almost the entire game. I tried to have Iggy lead the offense, but it didnt work as well.

9. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

Tyrus Thomas I am just glad that trade worked out for both sides Dru50

10. Dru50

Me too, Tyrus and Corey have been welcome additions, and I see you doing well with Lee/Wright and the young'un that I evidently pulled a Jeremy Lin like mistake with....

• Like Like x 1
  11. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

I had the hardest time against Wall and Josh Smith.

12. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

I'd say Josh Smith. Paul and Wall get no credit from me since that's all button mashing and not real defense...just saying...no offense.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Bucs

Bucs GT: ThruTheSmoke47

I'm going to go with Dwight for now since I havent played Josh Smith yet. He was pretty disruptive in the game I played.

14. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Josh Smith gets my nod here. He eats 3's and 4's for lunch.