Dual QBs

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by whygodwhy1111, Mar 9, 2011.

1. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

More a question for how I handle my QBs next year.

rule is listed as follows

I thought I would point out that you can infact see when the other team changes there QB. When the offense picks a play, the defense see's the number of WR, TE, HB, FB, and QB. It also shows the number for each. So the defense can see the number of whatever QB is on the field. Not sure how much this effects our rule.

I want to run some option spread or maybe even flex bone option with my athletic QB, but also be able convert 3rd and long, or late half drives using my Quality throwing QB. Problem is these players are both the same year, so its not really going to be a transition situation. I don't want to straight sub based on pass or run. Just sub the passing qb into situations where the Defense knows your going to be passing. 3rd and 8+, or when running is not an option because of the score or time remaining.

I also was wondering about the merit of always having 2 QBs on the field in 3/4/5 WR sets. Basically you would need your 1st and 2nd QB to be the 3rd and 4th WR (or 4,5 or 5,6) on your depth chart. Then When you sub your backup qb into the game the qbs will just change places. I am just trying to think of creative ways to get my super athletic QB more involved in the coming years.

thoughts?

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

The rule was a TF wide rule with NCAA 10, just kind of floated over to 11. Im open to changing it if the majority wants to. You can see who comes in the game now so thats not an issue. We can create a poll, majority rules and go from there. I really dont have an issue with it but have never had to QB's like that either.

3. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Another wrinkle to defend.... I'm down. Makes it even more fun to figure out what's happening. Even though it hasn't mattered when I knew what was happening with Texas.

4. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

doesnt matter to me. Texas would whip my ass if they had 0 qbs.

5. Jayrah

lol.

I love the profile pic. Perfect for the "Cheez"

6. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

thanks. i felt kind of weird having chief illiniwek as my avatar once I joined the LoC as the Hokies. But this is perfect for me I think.

7. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

I'd like to work with this system also. Got a scrambler and a pocket passer, and I feel bad cause I can only give one of them a good amount of playing time.

8. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Just watch the Cheez factor (not our cheeze, the cheese cheez) while running this kind of system. Dont get carried away with running around with your scrambling QB than chucking it down field...you guys know this stuff by now so I think this can work.

9. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I guess I'd like to see you only do it possession by possession. Swapping them play to play is cheesy, even in real life.........IMO.

10. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

yeah, it is hard to image a team that would sub in a passer for only a few plays. The passer really needs all the reps of a starter, where as the runner can come in a play a few plays without having alot of reps.

11. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

So why dont we say you can swap them out possession by possession even if you are not changing offensive types. Im cool with this. I'll adjust the rule.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jayrah

I like that.

13. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

It will be pretty easy to recognize as well, you'll have to pause the game to swap them....which will give you opponent a heads up. Should we make that part of the playbook thread? Might use 2 QB system?

14. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I think so...headsets also work well, just tell the guy you are playing. Advance scouting will help to in recognizing who has this option.