dub - recruiting board

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Nov 8, 2009.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

dub - recruiting board

:4stars:Buffalo - dub

[x]Show up for all member vs. member games = recruit an additional 5 star player
    [x]Win a Conference Championship = recruit an additional 5 star player
    []Win the BCS National Championship = recruit an additional 5 star player
    [x]Win 10 games = recruit an additional 4 star player
    [x]Win a bowl game = recruit an additional 4 star player
    [x]No rule violations (recruiting or otherwise) = recruit an additional 4 star player

Total: 7) :4stars: 2) :5stars:

Column 1 Column 2
    Seniors Graduating 12
    cushon 1
    70-62 8
    1-3 star 7
    4 star 7
    5 star 2
    Schollys Available 21

After Week 8, you had given offers to 9 :4stars:, :5stars: can be counted as 4 stars if you want them to be, but you had commits from your two :5stars: as well.

Week 1 - Your board consisted of 5 :5stars:, 15 :4stars:...none of which we interested in you. Your total board consisted of 35/35 recruits...5 of which who were interested in you to begin with.

Week 2 - After week 1, your board was cut down to 24 recruits and you had given out a total of 6 schollys to 5 and 4 star recruits. It appears that no rules were broken.

Week 3 - Your board remained at 24 recruits. You had offers to two :5stars: (your max), and six :4stars: (one less than your max)

Week 4 - Your board is still at 24. This time you had one less off to :4stars:

Week 8 - You now have 28 on your board. At this point, you were still under your limit of :4stars: by one.

My biggest issues are that you 1. have went over, whether on accident or not is the question and 2. the number of recruits you have on your board each week that aren't even interested in you. The occasional few are okay, but almost half your board shouldn't be not interested in you. For example, 13 of your 28 Week 8 recruits are not interested in you.

2. dub

dub Banned

huh..I'm sooo confused at what your saying.

You say this..

Which I take as me being under the limit. No rules violated..

then you go into your spill about your biggest problem.

So I'm sitting here, like ok.. let me check to see if I offered more than I should've..

Honestly, the board thing I don't understand. I don't talk to most of the people on my board, but didn't know it was a violation to have people on there. I mean so what if they're not interested. I didn't offer anything, and most of them I didn't even talk too. Now the plan was to reassess in the offseason, and those are the players I would take a look at..However, I remember a while back asking you on a PM, whether or not it was a violation to have people on your board, and you said no, the only thing that counts against you is the offer..

So confusing with these restrictions, and what's said and what's not. Going to re-read the rules for the umpteenth time.

3. dub

dub Banned

re-read them again..nothing about players on the board restrictions or if they're interested in you. Because at the begining I had no players :4stars: to :5stars: interested in me, and still some how pulled of 4 signs.. About to log in and see if I'm over... PLEASE TELL ME IF I"M MISUNDERSTANDING SOMETHING..I'm sooo confused with all these recruiting talks as of late..

Recruiting
    We recognize that players have a significant recruiting advantage over the CPU, and we have established a few rules in an attempt to preserve some kind of balance.

Offering more scholarships/signing more than that number is penalized by a loss of ten hours of recruiting time per player over. Penalty is enforced from the first week until the time expires. Player may not spread out their penalty hours.

1. Players must limit each year's class based off the following formula:

A = number of seniors on your team that will graduate (If you happen to redshirt a Senior)
    B = One additional scholarship to provide a cushion.
    C = 70 - current amount of players currently on roster

A + B + C = total number of available scholarships.

Note: Committed players count against your scholarship limit.

2. Players can take a number of four-star recruits equal to the prestige of their program. So, Central Michigan is a 3 star program, I get to offer schollys to 3 four-stars each year or more as my team prestige grows.

3. Each player's potential recruiting class is based on their performance the previous year. In order to recruit five-star players, a team must meet the criteria listed below. If none of the conditions are met, the team may not recruit five-star players in the following season, but must still act according to rules 1 & 2 when they recruit.

* Show up for all member vs. member games = recruit an additional 5 star player
    * Win a Conference Championship = recruit an additional 5 star player
    * Win the BCS National Championship = recruit an additional 5 star player
    * Win 10 games = recruit an additional 4 star player
    * Win a bowl game = recruit an additional 4 star player
    * No rule violations (recruiting or otherwise) = recruit an additional 4 star player

4. dub

dub Banned

definitely right about the one over 4 star, my bad.

5. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

the "Week 8 - " reflects what happened Week 7..

Week 9, which is this week, reflects Week 8 and you are two schollys over since you also offered one to the guy who had signed somewhere else this week.

Yes, you can have as many people on your board as you want, but that is basically spamming recruits when you loaded your board with basically all 4 and 5 stars that weren't interested in you. Maybe try going for some guys in your pipeline states at least?

That's just kinda stupid, was all I was saying.

Just fix your schollys and your fine

6. dub

dub Banned

Umm, ok.. well, I can get defensive and tell you look again because just checked and I have no 5 stars on my board and a fair amount of 4 stars or I can just say thanks for your opinion on my recruiting tactics.

I've had a really rough weekend man, so my bad for the over scholarship, thanks for the warning, because you didn't have to say anything and just penalized me which would've hurt.

and thanks for your opinion on my recruiting.

7. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Actually, coming into Week 9, you have four commits (2 five stars, and 2 four stars)

You also had a 5 star MLB on your board most of the season. Nothing wrong with that, but just adding that in there since you decided to get all snappy on me.

You have 7 four stars that aren't committed on your board, and you have one that JUST committed on too and he had a scholly offer from you.

Of the 7 that haven't committed, you have offered 6 of them. So, 6 + the 2 commits + the 1 who just signed elsewhere = 9.

8. dub

dub Banned

It was corrected earlier. I made a mistake with over scholarships from week 8 to week 9, and I apologize.

As far as the LB, I never offered a scholarship to him at all, he was just on my board, and was removed once I realized he was still on there.

9. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

It's not a big deal, but your tone in this post

>>
    is what gets to me. I didn't just come on here and make shit up. It's time consuming to make sure the playing field is fair for everyone by looking into our rules and such, and for you to question me in such a polite way is what irritates me. We'll leave it at that, I'm sure it was just a mistake.

10. dub

dub Banned

It was a mistake, and I understand.

Again I had a rough weekend, and I was cool with what you where saying until you made this commit

I know you're the commish, but voicing your opinion and calling my tactics stupid is what set the "tone off." I've been playing this game for awhile now, so I have system going that I like and have addapted to fit the rules. I totally messed up by going overboard this one week. I know I would've caught it once I re-evaluated, but thankfully you did and let me know. It was truly a mistake.

A simple "you've violated rules, please fix the issue" what have done justice in my opinion. So it rubbed me the wrong way and I reacted. Again, my bad for causing tone.